Thursday
We knew we wanted to go paddle boarding, surfing, helicopter ride, and ziplining within our 2.5 days left. I stressed myself out a little bit trying to schedule everything all at once. Mom stepped in and then we got things done. By the time we scheduled everything, we had about 40 minutes before we had to leave for our surf lesson.
Only Payson, Al and I wanted to go. It worked out because then we got to do a "semi-private lesson" with the 3 of us, rather than a group with strangers.
We initially met up at their shop to meet our instructor and watch a tutorial. It was cheesy as cheesy gets. Our instructor was a cute, hip 20 year old, so Al was happy. After the video, we drove like 3 minutes to the beach. Then the hardest part of the whole surfing happened-carrying our boards to the beach. It was so freakin heavy. I wanted to quit. Or beg the instructor to carry it. It hurt my neck, arms, back, everything. I couldn't do it. Somehow I made it.
October Break Part 2
He didn't even really show us how to get up. He just said we'd learn from trial and error. Luckily Al and I HAD already been taught or that would not have been enough.
Cue the pictures.
ALISON:
Lauren:
Sometimes you miss the timing and just body surf on in.
Then crash.
Payson:
switching feet.
Sometimes the falls are the most funny.
Shoutout to mom for going with us and being our professional photographer.
Post surf was rough. We had cuts all on the bottoms of our feet, burns on our arms, stomachs, knees, etc. We were all super sore too. The last 30 minutes of our surfing, all the lazy people joined and watched.
Then we went and got lunch at Bubas Burgers. I loved it because they played country music. Especially after everywhere else playing hawaiian music. Dad was obsessed. It's one of his new favorites. He talked about it at least 2 more times on the trip.
We were in a cute little shopping center so walked around looking for our hawaiian souvenirs. Unfortunately, they were all like actual shopping stores. So no luck in souvenirs.
Once we all got back to the hotel, we hit the beach to work on our tans. Some of us fell asleep while tanning our backs and got pretty burned (Alison). Other than that, it was chill and good. I'm pretty sure we had more pina coladas too.
We decided to stay in for dinner and keep it simple with grilled cheese. I don't remember what happened the rest of the night. I think I worked on my class?
Friday
Last official day.
We had a helicopter tour scheduled for 2. Al and I were determined to wake up early and hit the beach before we had to go. We didn't finish working out, showering, eating, etc until 10ish but that's better than our usual schedule.
The water aerobics class was going on and al decided to "watch her grandparents". Lolz.
I requested everyone come down to the beach before we had to get up and shower.
It soon turned into a photo shoot.
Our saving grace ^^
No one ate lunch because they didn't want to get sick on the helicopter.
Al and I like food too much, so we split quesadillas anyway.
Helicopter Tour
Our guide that gave us the safety instructions was a real hoot.
He tried to be funny, but he was still funny nonetheless.
His hair was worse than Trumps.
I was kinda nervous about him flying us, but eventually realized he's just
the host. I felt much more safe when I saw the actual pilot.
Morgan and I got lucky and got to sit in the front.
We were all super nauseous in the end, but Payson had it the worst. :(
Please notice Al's barf bag.
Although it was definitely time to eat, no one was up for it.
So instead we all snacked at the hotel and watched BYU football.
Not long after, everyone was back to health and we went to a place called Pizzette.
It had really good everything italian.
When we got back, I started looking up shopping so we could hit the stores in the morning.
I found one that was only 20 minutes away and open til 10:30!!
Mom of course was down for the adventure!
Nate and Al of course tagged along as well.
We all got exactly what we were looking for plus more.
Saturday
Our last day...
We had a dilemma. We had to check out at 12, but our flight didn't leave til 8:30. We decided it would be the perfect day to go ziplining since it was our only other dry activity. We all kinda slept in and slowly packed. Then around 12, we went to Bubbas Burgers (you should be able to guess who requested we eat there).
I bought him this outfit, so obligatory picture??
After we split up; Mom, morgan and Conrad drove around town while everyone else went ziplining. It was quite the ordeal. There were 8 courses and a little hike in between 2 of them. To get to the course, we took a sketchy bus that could have been straight out of a movie. The floor boards were coming up and all (you could see the ground underneath).
Also the place that we met our tour guides had animals all over. Just the definition of hawaii-chill.
They gave us a quick tutorial and then we were on our way.
**fun facts...Jurassic World was recorded here. They rented all of the ziplining, and helicopter tours for the day so they could have it completely private. There's also a mountain where a part of Lilo and Stitch is from. There were a lot of other movie references that I don't remember...
Look at this view.
This is what most of the courses looked like.
Payson:
Alison:
Lauren:
I went upside down almost everytime and this is the best picture they got.
Nathan:
Dad:
By the time we were done, we were on a time crunch. We had to make it to our 8:30 flight. My dad likes to be at the airport 2 hours early. We got there an hour before boarding so he was not a happy camper. We still made it with 20 minutes to spare before boarding-thank goodness.
Our flight left at 8:30 Hawaii time (11:30 AZ time).
We landed in LA at 1:30 Hawaii Time (1:30 AZ time).
That meant for little sleep.
We then had a 5 hour layover before our flight to AZ.
So far, still on that lay over and averaging about 3.5 hours of sleep.
Yay.
We'll see if I decide to go to church.





























0 comments:
Post a Comment