October 3, 2016

Happenings.. Sept 26-Oct 3


1. My mother had a birthday. So naturally we celebrated. My grandparents, Aunt Janice, Uncle Larry, siblings, Taylor and I (dad of course), all went to Carrabas. It definitely did not disappoint.
Then we came back to the house for presents, cake/ice cream and all said something we love about my mom.
My grandpa shared a funny story about when my mom was born.
He said my grandma was in labor and ready to go to the hospital. They got everything squared away and then drove to the hospital. Then all the sudden, everything stopped. Eventually things picked up again and she had my mom. My grandpa said he has decided why the labor stopped-my mom wasn't ready to come to earth yet. She had to help one more person. She wasn't ready to come yet.
It was sweet, funny and highly likely.



2. I was observed by my supervisor as my 6 month "check in". I love my new supervisor, she is so chill and really tries to accommodate us. It was fun having her shadow me and especially nice to have the feedback. It was nice to ask some questions too about how to handle certain situations with my student.


3. Taylor's sister, Jodi had a her golden birthday!!! So for the 2nd time in a week, we went to Red Robin. Haha. But we love Jodi so it was worth it. After we had cake and ice cream at her house. It was quite the turn out. She had a ton of friends (especially boys who all want to date her), plus her siblings and all their kids. It was definitely a party to say the least.
Jodi has the kindest heart. From the start, she has made me feel welcome in the Tenney home. She is like me- a talker. So as you can imagine, we get along!




4. I feel like the day before any trip is just a bit crazy. Thursday was no exception.
I got to talk to Vanita on my drive to work, so that was fun. That east coast time difference makes it nearly impossible to ever talk on the phone.
Then I ran into Olivia while walking to class and jokingly said, I hope my student doesn't show up.
Well she did but my student I have for the rest of the day didn't.
So I was sent back to the high school, figured out a schedule for the rest of the day, then found out the student came back. So I hurried on back.
Someone at the junior high had to leave early, so I left my student 10 minutes early and interpreted at the junior high. They get out at 4, so that threw off my whole plans.
I drove super fast to the office to give boss lady something before she took off. Then had to drive to South Gilbert before 5 so I could turn in everyone's rent.
Good news, I made it right when the dude was leaving. So I was still able to turn in rent.


As soon as I got home, I got reready and then went to a dinner party with Taylor. I only stayed about an hour, then rushed to Nate's choir concert. I barely made it in time to see him rock the stage. I realized i left my phone at my parent's so I just felt to antsy to get home. Even though I should be able to last 40 minutes without it.

Then I ran to the store to get treats for our road trip to Utah.
Finally, I met up with Taylor again. He decided we should go to Kohls to get me a new skirt for conference. It was 9, but lucky him, they close at 10. We were a bit disriputive and didn't find anything, but I decided he is my new favorite shopping buddy. AND HE WANTS TO BE THERE which is major bonus.

We parted ways around 10 since we would be leaving for Utah around 530. When I got home, I got a call from his sister saying he thinks he left his phone in my car. I had just cleaned it out, so I was sure it wasn't in the cup holder. I went back and looked and it wasn't there.
We figured it was at Kohls. So now we would have to wait until they open at 8, and hope his phone was still there. Luckily we were the only ones there and it was practically closed when we left.

I had the feeling to check if it fell in the Bermuda triangle- the place between the seat and the middle compartment thing. Sure enough it was there. So I drove back over and took it to him.

So our night didn't end until midnight and we still had to pack.






General Conference Trip



We had originally planned to leave at 5. Then I realized that meant I would have to be READY at 4:50 to drive to his house. So instead I convinced him to push it back to 5:30. 
Taylor literally drove the whole way. I have no idea how- he had less sleep than me. 

Fortunately for me, the drive went pretty fast. I wasn't agitated at the end of the drive like I usually am. We stopped at my fam's usual place in Kanab, Big Al's aka The Junction. His brother called us right when we were pulling into Big Al's and said we had to go there! They happened to stop there on their drive to Utah and said it was so good. Little did he know, my family goes there literally every time we drive to Utah (at least 2 dozen times). 


I dropped Taylor off in Provo to go to the BYU football game with his brother and friend. Then I continued my trek to Bountiful to stay with my sister. Unfortunately, there was quite a bit of traffic. It ended up taking about 2 hours to get to Bountiful. 

Once I got into town, I got Costa Vida, then drove to my sister's. They are true adults and go to sleep around 930 or 10, but they were livin that high life and stayed up til 11! 

I was so tired by the time I was ready for bed and I crashed so hard. 




Saturday 

My body naturally woke up around 7 (6 az time). Fortunately, Conrad also woke up a few minutes later and was just talking away in his room. It was nice having him all to myself while Morgan made breakfast before his second nap. The highlight was reading him books and signing some of the stuff and seeing how excited he got. 

Morgan is a real adult/mom and made us HOMEMADE muffins, little smokies (pig wrapped in a blanket), and eggs. Plus I forgot to mention that she offered me dinner on Friday night too.

I spent the first session holding Conrad, only paying half attention. I'll definitely have to go back and watch again.


#myview

Then during the break, we got our "30 minutes of exercise" by walking around the cemetery.
First we had to get a picture in Conrad's cute UofA get up.






We got back right before 1 to watch the next session. Then we realized it actually started at 2! Lolz.
So I took advantage of the opportunity to go to Swig. We needed our traditional sugar cookies and a soda of course. I also got gas and cleaned my window shield like an adult would.

The swig line was long with all the momos getting soda, but it was worth the wait!

We then watched the 2nd session, which I still didn't pay super great attention to.
Then as soon as it was over, we went to get sushi!!

Although the Lotts were being the best hosts, they still took me out to dinner, when I should have been taking them out to dinner.
Also the sushi place they chose had the best sushi I've ever had.
Double shoutout for letting me talk about Taylor the whole time.
I'm sure they are sick of hearing about him/us. Jaja.



Payson then went to priesthood
Morgan gave Conrad a bath
I watched Greys and downloaded more music



Once Priesthood was over, I met up with Taylor and his brother for 2nd dinner.
They asked where to eat in Bountiful, and they ended up picking a family fav.
My dad is still bitter I got a cherry chocolate chip shake without him.



Sunday 


We didn't have tickets for conference, but basically every time I've gone, I got into a session anyway. So we pressed our luck. I told them we should get there REAL early to up our chances. When I left the boys that night, we decided to leave at 7 (Conference started at 9:30 for the spoken word). During the night, I got a text saying we should push it back to 8, then he compromised with 7:30. 


They were staying with their cousin who conveniently lives 3 minutes from my sister's house. Which is much better than the 50 minute drive to Provo, or driving by myself. 

I got there right at 7:30 to pick them up. They did not have the same urgency as me, so we didn't leave til almost 8. I was trippin a little. 

Once we got there, we decided to divide and conquer. One person would stand in the standby line, and the other 2 would try to get tickets. 

I stood in the standby line for a bit, then realized they were seating people in a building. If there were extra seats in the conference center then they would move us all. That meant the boys would have to come over in like 20 minutes before they seated us all. I was ready to leave the line and just press our luck. Then Heber came over to me to touch base. Right then a man was walking by and handed me 2 tickets, assuming Heber and I were a couple. SO FUNNY. We were so excited to get at least 2 tickets!!!! 

We split again. I felt like sitting by the pretty flowers would be less "in your face/begging for tickets". Sure enough, 3 minutes later a lady handed me a ticket. The single ticket ended up being better seats, so that was compensation for sitting alone. 

Once we got to our seats, I was so pumped. I felt so lucky we got in. 

I LOVE BEING IN THE CONFERENCE CENTER. I AM KIND OF A CONFERENCE SNOB. IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO WATCH CONFERENCE. 

Since it was Sunday morning, we also got to see the spoken word before it started. 


It was such a good session!! My favorite talk was easily President Nelson's about JOY. I had been thinking about how everyone is such a downer about how wicked the world is. People dwell too much on the "last days" and all the negative. I had been feeling like we are kinda missing the mark. President Nelsons talk was exactly how I was feeling. So good. Reminded me of President Hinckley and his optimism.




We had two options when we were leaving. 
Go out on the balcony and get a dreamy picture with the temple. 
Go down a level and meet Heber. Get a so-so picture. 

I had to check my priorities and decide it was worth it to have Heber in the picture. 
That's love right there. 





The wind was AWFUL and I look like a total diva.








We of course ventured to temple square to get a picture with the enchanting temple (castle).










Taylor likes my hair flipped, so this picture was just for him.




As soon as we got out of the parking garage, it started POURING. We were so lucky we went the morning session or we would be amongst the group of soaking wet people.
And probably would have given up on getting tickets.


We decided since we were traveling, we didn't feel guilty buying lunch. So we went to In-n-Out.
Soon we realized we would be eating dinner in 3 hours.
Taylor opted for something light- double animal style.
That's light??????


We "watched" the second half of the afternoon session at my sisters.
Then went to my aunt's for dinner.
She was sweet to feed us all, plus her daughter and her husband that are my same age.


After hanging out awhile, I drove Taylor back to Provo.
Eventually I made it back to Bountiful, showered, packed and fell asleep.





Monday



We planned to leave at 5:30.
Which meant i woke up at a ripe time of 5.
Really meaning I woke up at 4 AZ time.

I made it to Provo pretty quick thanks to 0 traffic.

Taylor woke up when I texted him that I was there (even though he responded to my text a half hour earlier) Luckily he is a boy and can get ready in 2 minutes. We made it out the door, got mcdonalds and hit the road. 
He crashed hard of course, and I drove for a bit. It was my favorite part of the drive (80 mph, hills and a few curves, and little traffic) so I didn't mind. 

We stopped for a potty break at one point and happened to see Landon and his family. So that was funny!! 

Naturally we ate lunch at Big Al's, then he started driving. I slept an hour and then felt more tired. So that was fun. 

We eventually made it home. He being the good, righteous kid he is, wanted to go to FHE. He convinced me that we hadn't spent enough time together, so I ought to come. ;) 

I unpacked, and got decent and then went to FHE. We play mormon pictionary. I am the worlds worst drawer so I tried really hard to get out of it.  I ended up being the last person and deciding point of the game. PRESSURE GUYS. and we lost.. HAHA. 




Taylor ended the night moving someone in his ward, and I crashed so hard. 
Conference weekend is always so busy and exhausting. But also recharging at the same time. 






CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top