Wednesday
Since cutting my hair, I straighten it every. single. day. Already sick of it, and trying to learn how to curl it. But anyway, I decided it may be less of a pain if I had a better straightener. Mom happened to leave her straightener, and curling iron in Hawaii, so she was also due for a trip to Ulta. So we tag teamed it.
I know I met up with Taylor that night, but I can't really remember what we did. I think we got drinks at Sonic?
Thursday
Taylor's dad is a music group called Three2u. They have been working on a christmas album for 18 months. He has given me sneak peeks along the way, but I never heard the full thing. Well they had a concert in Showlow on Thursday and then another on Saturday. I suggested to Taylor that we go hear them perform in Showlow and make a road trip out of it. When I mentioned it, I didn't know it fell on a school night, but we still decided to make the trip.
As soon as school got out, Taylor met me at my parent's house and then we were off :) According to my maps, Globe is a little bit faster, and less miles. We decided to try that route. Little did I know, it is super windy the whole time, so I didn't feel too great.
We got into town with just enough time to eat, and then head over to the concert. A ton of Taylor's family is from the white mountains, so it was practically a family reunion for them.
It was such a good show, and so fun to see all their hard work come to life. All the feels.
I think it was in the 20s! Tooooo cold.
When it was over, we talked to a few people and then tried to get out of their quick so we could make decent time. We stopped at Circle K for gas, and of course snacks/soda. The lady in front of us was buying A TON of candy for stocking stuffers, and it took 5ever. While waiting, his aunt happened to stop by Circle K as well. Small town for ya.
Taylor was a sweetheart and let me sleep basically the whole time. I was slightly worried about deer, but I think it ended up being a good thing that i slept because then I wasn't distracting him. We did in fact come across deer but he saw them with enough time to react. We were blessed.
Friday
We got in super late from our trip, as expected. Thankfully I was able to take the day off. I was feeling kinda under the weather anyway (lack of sleep for sure) so it was definitely a good decision. I woke up at 10, and then just contently laid there for at least an hour. I have some rewards points built up for Costa Vida, so I took advantage of my free meal (and the drive thru the gilbert location has). Side note: Whenever my siblings and I are trying to decide on where to eat, i always say it has to be a drive thru, except Costa Vida is an exception. Haha. and now we have best of both worlds.
Then I became somewhat productive and went through all my clothes. Plus rearranged stuff for my winter clothes. Feels so good to be organized.
My friend Elise works at Highland and is EVERYONE'S favorite teacher. Seriously. They all invited her to their dance concert, and knowing I also liked to dance, she invited me to come. I was super impressed with how clean it was. Absolutely nothing suggestive. I ended up leaving a little early to catch a movie with Taylor. His friend invited us to see the new Harry Potter movie that I have not cared to learn the actual name of. I thought the movie was good. I knew nothing going into it, so my expectations were low.
Saturday
Taylor and I have a couple friend- Chase and Chloe. I actually went to UofA with Chloe so I knew her before but anyway, they are getting married soon. Chase needed to move into their place, so Taylor and I helped them out. They were gems, and bought us Kneaders after. :)
I thought I had a million things I had to do after, but everything kinda took care of itself. So I ended up chilling at my parents, getting Costa Vida with the fam (3rd time this week) and then going to my ward temple night.
Later, I met up with Taylor for round 2 of his dad's concert. I was pretty excited to go because it was my first time seeing his sisters and new nephew since getting back together.
The concert was even better than before. They were more comfortable which made them seem a lot more personable and laid back. It was a good night!
Sunday
I kinda dragged out getting out of bed, but it worked out because as soon as I started getting ready, my interpreting was cancelled. So holler.
Sarah is in town for the whole week, which meant she came to church with me for the 2nd week in a row! It was also linger longer which meant I missed half of church prepping for it.
Right after church, I hurried and changed then headed over to Taylor's house. They ended up eating left over catered Costa Vida (4th time this week, and i'd still have it again today). Taylor's oldest sister is in the process of adopting 2 little girls (2 and 4 years old). The process started when we weren't dating, and I was so bummed I wasn't going to be able to meet them. So you can imagine my excitement FINALLY getting to meet them at dinner. As expected from going to and from many different homes, the girls have some anxiety and don't really like new people. I was determined to have them like me by the end of the night.
Also, Taylor's OG niece had the best reaction to seeing me. She jumped up and down and then gave me the tightest hug. Love her. Oh and for the record, the two foster kids loved me by the end of the night. ;)
Taylor was supposed to go to choir practice for a christmas show at 8 but decided to stay since I was mostly talking to all his family (trying to win over the 2 girls) the first half of the night.
Right after church, I hurried and changed then headed over to Taylor's house. They ended up eating left over catered Costa Vida (4th time this week, and i'd still have it again today). Taylor's oldest sister is in the process of adopting 2 little girls (2 and 4 years old). The process started when we weren't dating, and I was so bummed I wasn't going to be able to meet them. So you can imagine my excitement FINALLY getting to meet them at dinner. As expected from going to and from many different homes, the girls have some anxiety and don't really like new people. I was determined to have them like me by the end of the night.
Also, Taylor's OG niece had the best reaction to seeing me. She jumped up and down and then gave me the tightest hug. Love her. Oh and for the record, the two foster kids loved me by the end of the night. ;)
Taylor was supposed to go to choir practice for a christmas show at 8 but decided to stay since I was mostly talking to all his family (trying to win over the 2 girls) the first half of the night.
Loving my Tracy Turnblad hair





0 comments:
Post a Comment