November 9, 2016

Wednesday was a funky day at school. It was late start at the high school and junior high, then early release at the elementary school. So my student left around 12:30, and then I was going to have "prep" for 2 and a half hours. An interpreter at the junior high ended up getting sick, so I filled in for her, and worked over time. Naturally I decided not to go into the office. Instead i went on a run, and then got ready to watch my cousin, Jayne (she's the one with autism I used to do hab with). She was such a happy girl, it was so fun to work with her. And since it was the evening, she was super mellow and let me play with her hair while watching the world series with her brothers. Good night.


Thursday

The weekend before, the light came on my car to get it serviced. I wanted to get quality time with Derrick and Syd before they drove to the valley, so I ignored it and drove to Tucson anyway (Smart, right). Anyway I FINALLY got it serviced on Thursday. The Toyota store is .9 miles from my dad's office, so I figured it would be perfect to drop it off, walk over and then have mom pick me up when I was done working. It ended up being a rainy day, but luckily no rain while I was on my little trek to the office. Also I'm quite proud that i made it in 13 minutes, as opposed to the 20 minutes it calculated.

Al was a gem and picked me up to get my car. The rest of the night, she was my partner in crime as we looked for bday gifts for Nate.


Friday

Nate's 14th Birthday!!!

I don't really remember anything that happened at school...
Nate wanted a friend party, so that meant we had to go to a pretty early dinner so he could do both. We went to Kona, naturally, and then quickly opened presents when we got back. I don't think any of us even ate cake because people were already showing up for the party.
I think the highlight for Nate was getting an instagram now that he is FINALLY 14!





I got home at 7:30 ish. I hadn't really made any other plans because I didn't realize we would be done so early. I texted a few people to see what they were doing, but when it came down to it, I just wanted to stay home. Haha. I saw a funny meme the other day that said something like my childhood punishments (going to sleep early, staying in for the night) are now my adult dreams. Lolz. 


Saturday


We got a new internet provider, but the service guy was no longer scheduled to come. Well naturally he showed up anyway because they didn't update my account, so he showed up RIGHT when I was leaving to clean the church. Whatevs, I tried. 

When he finally left, I recruited Nate to come run on the Taylor track with me. He will thank me when he is ready for the cross country season ;) 

Then I showered super fast and then headed over to the Hatch home to have Kel cut my hair! It was kinda of impromptu. Friday afternoon I decided I wanted to chop my hair. I looked up pictures and decided I was going to go short!! 




Something like this girl. 


Kel is the best and was so down! Lucky me, she was free! 



I didn't realize just how short it was until i had to style it myself on Sunday! 
I think my dad loves it the most out of everyone. Haha. 

After my haircut, I grabbed lunch real quick (at the Stahle abode of course), took a quick picture for Instagram purposes, and then drove real fast to the office so I could get there before dad left. They are moving to a new location in Gilbert soon, so the work load is piling up. I had a project that needed to get done, so I worked until I finished- 4 hours and a Dr Pepper later. 

That evening, Elise and I went to a regional YSA event out at Fort McDowell. I think my expectations were way too high because I was kinda disappointed. It wasn't too poppin. But I loved the drive with Elise and catching up with her. :) 




Sunday 

Since it was Sunday and I didn't have to get up at 5, I figured it would be a good time to try to curl my hair. Mostly to see if I even liked it. It was pretty awful. I should have taken a picture. Luckily i had enough time to get it wet and start all over. 


Since Nate just had his 14th Birthday, he got to be ordained as a teacher after their block. I cried a little when we were getting ready for it. I just wished Morgan and DJ could both be there. It's weird not having everyone together. Kinda makes me want to move states too. 


Nonetheless, Congrats Nate! We are all so proud of you and the good boy you are. 




The ordination was the same time as my ward. So as soon as it was over, I rushed over to my church building. Lucky me, I barely missed anything. 
RS was gold. We had a lesson on Self-Worth, but it wasn't the typical, "you're a daughter of God", "You're beautiful". It was raw and genuine. i loved it. Cariann is a rockstar of a teacher. 

My mom made a subtle comment that she was thinking about getting an instagram since all of us kids were allowed to have one. Alie took matters in her own hands and created her one. She had 100 followers just like that. Haha. 



Also that evening, Vanita and i tried to plan our trip to New York over Christmas Break and it got me SO PUMPED!!!!!! Christmas break needs to come sooner!!! 



Monday

I don't know why, but everyone was so giggly and happy in A Hour. It was so good. 
Also my other student was in SUCH A GOOD MOOD all day. She always teases me and is sometimes a pill to work with. But today a miracle happened- she gave me a hug when she left!!! 
Maybe it was just me that made the difference. Maybe because I wasn't tired and cranky???? Haha. Either way, it was a good day! 


I dragged Nate on a run with me again. He was scarred from leaving me behind last time, so he did not leave my side for a second. I think he is my newest workout buddy. I always thought I hated working out with people because then I couldn't go at my own pace. But it was actually the best thing ever. Plus he is a running pro and gave me little tips on how to make it up the hill easier. What a smarty pants. 


For FHE we watched Nacho Libre and ate nachos. Lolz. Perfect FHE. Although I didn't stay for the whole movie, only like half of it. I decided to FINALLY set up our new internet. #bestroommateaward 



Tuesday 

ELECTION DAY. 

TBH, I don't really care for all of it. Most of my investment is within my people. Understanding their views and why they voted the way they did. I sympathize with those that relate the policies for personal reasons (family of immigrants, LGBT, etc). Who the next president is, doesn't affect me the way it affects them. That had to be stressful just waiting to see what would happen. I felt sorry for them. On the other hand, I hate how everyone is making every attack a personal matter, when really it shouldn't be. SO HAPPY IT'S (somewhat) OVER NOW. 

I wanted to be in the loop but I didn't want to have to actually do the work (read all the garbage) to know what was going on. Luckily, google gave me quick, easy access. 
I went to the dance class at 8:30. I couldn't decide if i was being stupid for brushing aside the election (HISTORY) and dancing instead. In hindsight, it was a good choice because we didn't truly know who won til late anyway. 


Wednesday 

The minute i got to school, all the students were all talking about the election. It was quite funny to hear them talk about it. Most of their "facts" were wrong (even i knew they were wrong. Haha). 

The teacher was kinda sick of hearing them talk as well, so she put on the CNN Student news and then left it at that. I wish the "news" we adults got was as neutral, informing and upbeat as the student news. I would actually know what was going on. Haha. 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top