Thanksgiving Weekend

Tuesday


I had one class in the A.M, the rest were cancelled for Thanksgiving. Fortunately, when I got up at 6:30, I had a text from my student saying he wasn't going- SWEET. 
My morning consisted of sleeping in, watching an episode of greys, and packing. Around 1:45, I got gas and then headed over to Provo. 
I have been craving Zupas for a long time, so as soon as I hit a city with Zupas, I stopped to eat. It was as good as I remembered! Once I got into Provo, Sher wasn't quite ready for me, so I stopped by Old Navy. Ironically, when I finished, she was also in Old Navy! So I met up with Tom and her and then we headed over to Panda Express. 
Sheridan and Tiff are so sweet to let me stay with them whenever I want! It was so fun to catch up and hear about wedding plans! 


Wednesday

My family flew in, but they didn't land until 3:30. Unfortuantely, Sher had to work at 12. Fortunately, there is plenty to do in Utah. First I fulfilled my other craving; Waffle Love. Then I drove the mini trek to Kaysville. I found a cheap theater, and decided to see the new cheesy mormon movie, "Once I Was A Beehive". So cheesy. 
Next, I had to take full advantage of Target. I tried to do some christmas shopping. I didn't have much success. While I was there, my family texted me and said that they were on their way to the hotel, so I headed on over. 

Once reunited, we got Costa Vida and took it to my grandparents house. I don't really remember what we did while there. I think my grandma had Family Feud on the tv while we all chatted. 
While there, I saw Swig closed at 9, so we left at 8:30 to get our traditional sugar cookies and drinks. 



The rest of the night, we just hung out at the hotel and I facetimed my fav :)




Thursday 

We had our big gathering at 2pm at my grandparents. My parents went early to prep the food, and said we could drive ourselves over at 2. So freakin nice to sleep in. I don't think any of us kids got out of bed before 11. There was constant updates on social media, and a parade to watch. No motivation to get ready. 


Alie had the real thanksgiving spirit. 



Finally at 1ish we headed over for lunch. Nate, Al and I had a nice jam sesh in the car. 


My cousin is serving a mission and my aunt brought this cut out of him. Lol. 




We were asked to get a picture with him too. Haha! 


We chatted with all our fam, then left to watch the Packers game. 
First we needed more food, and naturally only McDonalds was open. 




Their biggest fan ^^


My first packers shirt. 




My forever cuddle buddy. 




By the end of the night, I knew I had to workout. 
I hit the gym, but my dad made the sibs come with. 
So alie watched greys on my laptop while nate used the machines. 



I wasn't planning on going Black Friday shopping for 2 reasons: 
1. I was scared of ISIS blowing up City Creek Mall.  
2. I knew I should just save my money

But after seeing all the discounts in my email, I caved. BUT I mostly bought christmas gifts. Now I am half way done with my christmas shopping. :) 



Friday

We slept in once again. 
Once we were finally all ready, we picked up Chinese food for lunch and ate at my grandmas. 
After chatting for a bit, we went and saw Hunger Games. Dad and Al were paranoid about it being packed, so we went pretty early. We were a bit too early, so we ended up playing heads up. It's so funny watching dad act out everything. :) 



This time I laughed at my family when they jumped, but because of karma, I also cried. 


After the movie, mom had dinner ready, then the rest of the night was spent watching football. 

Al and I stayed up too late giggling and watching Grey's Anatomy. 



Saturday 

My grandpa recently turned 80, so we had a celebration with all the cousins. We had a fancy lunch, all told memories/stories of him, watched a video of his life and had the best dessert from kneaders. 
It was so fun learning more about him, and celebrating him! He is 80 but still owns a business and works in the temple. What a man! 






He owns a newspaper company, hence the printing press. 



After the program, Alie and I went to Target. 


What a cute scarf ;)


On the drive home, I decided we needed some Fiiz. 


It really is like a mormon bar. 



Once again, we spent the evening watching football at grandmas/grandpas. 
We eventually took a dinner break at Chick Fil A. Good as always. 
Then spent the rest of the evening walking around temple square. 
Our hotel was pretty close, so we walked there. 
Everyone had their finest winter clothes on and still froze. Lol. 
I think my body is slowly adjusting because I wasn't that cold. 



Ready for a billion pictures??



Shout out to the good ole Merrill Lynch


PC: Al




Check out that real smile from Nate- I guess losing those braces did the trick! 




Reminds me of the tree of life. 


I thought this supposed to be a compass at first.. 






Enchanting tree in City Creek. I didn't really want more pictures, so I was trying to make them mad, but instead they joined in. 




There is an ice skating rink behind our hotel with a lot of cute pictures. 
Alie insisted we go there before heading up to the room. 





We took some ugly pictures, but they are too bad to share on the blog.. 



Sunday

Dad told us at least 6 times to be ready at 8:15 am. We knew that really meant 8 am. We surprised him and we were all ready with plenty of time to spare. 
We ate breakfast at the hotel, then said adieus. Except I got a bloody nose right when we were checking out, so the goodbyes weren't very sentimental. 

I decided I should at least attend a sacrament meeting, so I found a ward in Bountiful, that also happened to be a YSA ward. All the speakers were babies: leaving on mission, just graduated, and just barely home. I guess he wasn't as much of a baby, but there was a trend going on. 

The drive went pretty quick and I made it before becoming tired. :) 

Only like 2.5 weeks til Christmas break. :) :) We can do it!! 








CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top