Sunday
Sunday evening, one of my deaf students hosted a dinner for all the interpreters/deaf students. She made chili and corn bread, which i'm not typically a fan of, but her's was really good! I even went back for seconds. After everyone ate, we played heads up, which was so fun. As interpreters/deaf people, we often have to gesture/act things out, so this was the right group to play with. We had some pretty animated people in our group. :) I won the first round, and lost the last. Haha.
Monday
It started off a little rough...I broke the curtain in my room (which i later fixed), and I forgot my debit card at home. I realized while I was at the bookstore picking up some things.
Thankfully it got better.
All my classes went well, and as bonus, my student just played volleyball for their exercise. Which meant I got to sit and relax for an hour. I think I only interpreted 2 lines during that time.
As soon as it was over, I hurried over to fhe. We were combined with another family and we were supposed to do a cook off. I was late, so I didn't really have to take charge. Instead, I chatted, and snacked. I was STARVING, because it was 8 and I hadn't eaten dinner. So I dipped out early and got tacos from Jack in the Box. #cleaneating
Tuesday
One of my students surprised us all and changed his major, resulting in dropping all his classes. Luckily he could still sign up for second block classes. Tuesday we spent all day trying to readjust all of our interpreting schedules and figure out how it is going to work out. The biggest change is, I start much earlier, 8 am. We will see how it goes, especially since we are approaching winter!
Wednesday was a pretty typical day.
Thursday
My new schedule started; hello 8am. The class is about how to develop better scripture study skills. I already learned a lot in that 2 hour block. I'm excited to go again, but the best part are the spinning chairs. I wish every class had them.
After the class was finished, I got in my car, and realized the shot gun seat was drenched. I looked up and realized my car was leaking from the rain. Luckily I had a break, so I drove to the Toyota dealership. Negative- the serviceman wasn't in, so I had to make an appt for next week. Positive- my tires were pretty low on pressure, and they filled em up for free. :)
At that point, i was real hungry. Tyler, and I are both obsessed with Costa Vida so we took a trip for lunch. He is a gem, and bought my lunch PLUS a cookie. Tyler's a sweetheart.
That evening, I worked pretty late (til 9), so I took a trip to "Soda Vine" while I had a quick break. No regrets.
It actually paid off because I was able to stay up and watch the ASU game. 3 over times, insane.
Friday
I was going to go explore the wind caves, but it ended up raining. Plus it was too cold, so I bailed. Haha. Also my one class got cancelled and no one told me. I was a little bitter when I showed up to a dark classroom. Instead I went grocery shopping and ran a few errands.
That evening Tyler and I had an eventful night.
We watched Annalee's soccer game (which she won 3-0) and froze our booties. Thank goodness we brought hot chocolate.
We went to the movies and saw The Martian. It was just the right amount of humor, it was good! Once again Tyler spoiled me with popcorn, a drink and bought my ticket.
The rest of the night, we explored the sand dunes and stopped for some soda vine. :)
It was a good night.
Saturday
Halloween. I was lame and didn't do anything halloween themed. It was way to cold to attend any outdoor parties, and any "fall/spooky" thing was bound to be packed.
I still had an eventful day.
1. Sarah and I planned our lesson for sunday school
2. My roommates and I made some food.
3. I went to the temple and learned quite a bit. As always.
4. In the evening we had a game night with Mal and Jared. We were all pretty competitive, which made it fun!
Once the UofA game started we went to Morgans to watch it. It was an awful loss. :(
It is now the month of thanksgiving. So everyday I'm going to add what I'm thankful for.
Sunday
Church was good.
I had to teach temple prep by myself because my partner got sick. Which was fine, but we had split the lesson up, so I had to hurry and review her part. It went alright.
Another downer, all my friends were gone. But I guess it's always good to meet new people, right?
After being home for a bit, and starving, I decided I'd sing at the nursing home with some ward members. I absolutely loved it. Old people crack me up. They are either so loving and just praise you to no end, or they are grumpy and want to be left alone.
Once it was finally time to eat, I went over to Morgans/Payson's for dinner. It is always a good time, and they are so nice to invite me and Savanna every week.
I spent the rest of the evening watching the Packer's game with Tyler. It wasn't too great of a game for them...Bummer.
Today I am thankful for our ability to sing, and uplift with music.
Monday
Remember how one of my student's schedule changed? Well now I interpret 9am-4:15 pm straight. Every class is back to back and some i'm even late to. I had to eat my packed lunch while running in the rain to my next class. Rain makes the day fun but also threw it off a bit. When I got home, I was pretty tired and cold. So I wrapped myself in a blanket, and enjoyed social media for a bit.
The rest of the night was pretty chill, I caught up in my journal, watched greys anatomy and a few other things around the house.
Oh side note: I have been logging my hours wrong. My supervisor texted me this morning and said 911!! COME ASAP. Of course I frantically sped walked all the way to her office. Only to find out it was NOT an emergency. I just needed to fix my hours. Turns out when I do it the correct way, I get paid significantly more. Nice little bonus.
Today I am thankful for IDAHO. Even on rainy days, it is beautiful and I'm so grateful I decided to move here.
CONVERSATION
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
0 comments:
Post a Comment