November 11, 2015

I have been slacking! Maybe instead of day by day I'll share highlights 


1) On Tuesday nights, the "cheap theater" is even more cheap- only 2.50! Tyler and I have made it a goal to go every Tuesday! Last week we saw Jurassic World. It was really good and I definitely jumped/closed my eyes my fair share. (Ps we also went to The Burg before and it was really good! Also some lady recognized me as Morgan's sister and said we have the same laugh. I guess we do look alike if someone could pick me out). 
Last night we went to Inside Out. Both of us hadn't seen it but the whole world apparently loved it. We now jumped on that train. IT WAS SO CUTE!!!! I loved how they explained the emotions and all the jokes. I probably bothered everyone with my constant laugh, but it was such a great movie! 
After the movie, the night was still young so we decided to go to the MC and play some games. Pretty sure he beat me at pole, ping pong and fuse ball. He's good to put up with my lack of skills.


2) Nates birthday was last Wednesday! I asked if he feels any different and he said he is more mature now. 😉 He's so cute and I'm glad he's in our family. He is a good kid and stands for what is right. I don't have to worry about him in this confusing world. He will always do what's right and help others around him do the same- including myself. 

3) I finally get to attend my institute class again. Last week we learned about the Mormon battalion. I never realized it but when the saints were persecuted, the president paid then no attention. But now that they needed help, the president approached Brigham Young. He knew he wanted the members on his side. If I was a pioneer, I would be ticked that they didn't have my back and now they wanted me to have theirs. But the prophet thought it was best, and it ended up being a really positive thing. 


4) Friday evening Tyler and I went to Costa Vida (our weekly trip) and then saw his friend perform in a singing/dancing concert. It was a really good show and it had me dancing in my seat. It also made me want to find a studio and start dancing again! 



After the show, we ran to Walmart so I could get a few things, then drove to Idaho falls to look at the falls. It was pretty chilly! But the ice on the dock made it fun- we became ballerinas. 


5) Every semester BYU-I has a training/conference. This semester it was about being a disciple and leader. It was pretty long (9-3) but so worth my time! It was one of those powerhouse, super strong meetings. The spirit was so strong and I was edified. 


6) UofA played Saturday night and Tyler was so sweet to watch it with me. He even cheers them on with me (even though he's not really a UofA fan). UofA didn't end up doing too hot. But I keep telling myself, at least we weren't playing ASU. We have to crush them! Oh side note: we also went to pizza pie cafe before and it was supa good. I would definitely go again. 

7) it has become colder 😔 Thursday night it snowed so much that I had to scrape the snow off my car. It kind of made me homesick. I'm hoping I'll adjust, especially since it's only going to get more and more cold. 

8) Sunday I took a 3 hour nap. It was so great. I woke up feeling ready to take on the world. Which is good because that night Tyler and I went to a dinner party. It was a friend he served with and I knew the couple through mutual friends. Dinner was really good, and after we played a game. (Everyone writes down 5 nouns and puts them in a bowl. The first round, you have to describe the cards til they all run out. Each person has 30 seconds to get through as many cards as possible. The second round you can only act it out. The final round you can use one word. It's one of my favorite games AND the girls crushed the boys :) )

8) on Monday, Morgan told me she was getting rid of clothes, so I went over there to claim some. Payson got in on the fun too. 






Also here are 8 things I'm grateful for since this blog is covering 8 days and it's the month of gratitude: 

1) Wednesday... Nate; with it being his birthday week, I was naturally thinking of him a little extra. I miss my cute little wildcat, popcorn lover, buddy. (Wednesday)
2) Thursday...  the prophet and the fact that I can also receive inspiration. The new policy was really troubling at first but I was able to come to terms with it from own personal revelation. I'm grateful for our church leaders that keep us in line. (Side note: did everyone know that elder christofferson has a brother that is gay? That's probably why he was the spokesperson. It also proves that the leaders are always aware/up to date). 
3) Friday... dance. I love watching others, I always feel uplifted and happy after. I'm also grateful I was able to grow up dancing- it taught me how to work hard, work with others, and not compare myself (always someone better and worse). 
4) Saturday... church. The actual gathering of church. Part of the conference was about why we gather and it got me thinking about how it has blessed my life to be around other members. On that same note- I'm grateful for all my church teachers. 
5) Sunday... friends. I love meeting new people and making connections. I also love keeping up with friends that aren't as close now. 
6) Monday... Morgan and Payson living so close. I don't know what I'm going to do next semester when they move. I love hanging out with them. They are like my roommates (my go to peeps). 
7) Tuesday... I'm grateful for humor. Without teasing and people making me laugh, I would be way too uptight. Laughing is the key to relaxing.
8) Wednesday... Our soldiers that defend our country. We are blessed to have these selfless people. I'm also grateful for their families that sacrifice. Whenever I watch the videos of the reunions, I always cry. Too tender. 









CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top