October 25th, 2015

This week's happenings..

My student has a new internship at the gym every Monday and Wednesday. I always leaving feeling those happy endorphins after you work out (even though I didn't do a thing). Haha. But I enjoy interpreting it because it's a casual, fun setting. Although on Wednesday they have a "lesson" after working out and it was about cutting back on the sweets. It made me feel guilty, but also exempt since I'm not an actual part of the group. Haha. I like my sweets too much.

On Thursday, my student decided not to come. So I got to sleep in, and make some food. Then I interpreted a few hours for another student, and then one of her classes was cancelled. So now I had an hour and a half break. I decided to hit up ColdStone with my gift card. Best choice all week.
That evening, she had her self defense class, which is always so fun. I leave feeling invincible!

That night, right after I got home, I went to institute. This was a new class for me, since I can no longer attend my usual wednesday night class. Well it was quite the class. A- the teachers didn't show up. B-It's really for pathway. They have institute the first hour and then the last hour is a discussion led by one student. Well since the teachers didn't show, the students had their discussion. I was going to try to sneak out, but then they needed me to log onto the computer since none of them have BYU-I IDs. The guy that was in charge was very "informal" and his broken english/mixed spanish was cracking me up.



Friday morning, I went to the temple with two of my deaf students. The Rexburg temple doesnt have "asl session" so instead they just had to read the captions. But I did get to interpret a few parts, which was fun! All the workers were so confused though. 1st they tried to hand us a braille card, then they kept giving me the deaf accommodations too. It was a great experience but pretty funny.

As soon as we left the temple, I dropped one of the girls off, then drove to campus for a class.
Then I rewarded myself with my weekly costa vida. :)
That evening I had a date with Dallas. We learned how to latin dance. He was such a good sport and made it so fun. After he took me to a really cute hot chocolate shack. It's the cutest and I've already been another time. I'm obsessed.



Saturday
Mallory, Courtney (my roommate) and I went to Idaho Falls to hit up Target (its 40 minutes away, tragic huh). Really, the only thing I needed was good gloves, but of course I bought a few more things. The cashier made fun of me for my gloves. She said they were like the thickest gloves she's ever seen- isn't that the point?

After our target craze, we got some lunch (IF has so many more restaurants than Rexburg, so we were excited).

That evening, Mallory, her BF Jared, Abbey (friend in my ward), Parker, Annalee, Tyler and I went to a haunted house. 3/4's of our group don't really enjoy being scared so I don't know how we ended up there. Looking back it was fun. I picked the wrong spot in our line, I was in the middle, which is when the people jump out. I left feeling adrenaline and unstoppable. Haha.
Guess where we went after? The cute hot chocolate shack. I'm tellin ya, I'm obsessed.



Sunday
Church was normal. The socializing was great. Abbey and I sat in the back of RS and talked more than we should have.

Right after church was done, I ran home to eat, then drove to Idaho Falls to interpret another church. It was in a family ward, and they ended up having a primary program. It was probably the most fun thing I've ever had to interpret. Plus it was fun to be around kids.


Tonight, in like 20 minutes, I'm going to one of my students house for dinner with the other interpreters. It's been one of those weekends where i'm constantly going, but that's how I like it. :)

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top