Yellowstone

My family had October break this week, and out of all the places they could have traveled, they came to Rexburg!!!! I'm sure the kids weren't too excited but I was so eager to see them!

They landed Wednesday around 12, but I had to wait to see them til 4. It gave me a lot energy, being so eager to see them. Mom and Nate picked me up around 4, and we went to Walmart to get shampoo for their hotel, ice cream for dessert that evening, and a few other things.

My dad loves these enchiladas Morgan makes, so he requested them while they were in town. So Wednesday night we all flocked to Morgans for dinner. We ended up having a little party- payson's brother was in town, plus payson's sister lives here, so there ended up being 9 people! While mom and Morgan prepped the food, the rest of us got out of the way and went to the game room. Alie and i played ping pong and played to 50. That's a long game for two people who barely get a volley.

Dinner was so yummy!! Even greater, it was so fun chatting and catching up on life.
We stayed somewhat late just talking.


Thursday.

Stephanie Nielson came to BYU-I to speak and I had to interpret. I invited my family to come (especially since Alison loves Stephanie). Our morning plans got a little thrown off. They ended up going to bear world while I was working. I've never been, but I think you just drive through and see bears, and a few other animals playing.




After my classes, we met on campus for lunch. Payson even met up with us. 

Then we walked over to the Taylor building to hear Stephanie Nielson. 
I of course couldn't sit by them, but I think they were just happy to be there. 
Or at least Alie was. 

I loved interpreting her message. She is so inspiring. It was the second time I've interpreted and cried at the same time.

One highlight was having her sons sit in front of me. They were in awe watching us interpret. It was fun to see their faces, and converse. 


After "forum", I had to hurry off to 2 more classes. 
In the mean time my family went to the temple and did family names. 

Once I was finished, they picked me up from campus, and we ate dinner at Costa Vida. 
I could eat there everyday. So freakin good. 

I had to call it a night at that point because I had a date. 
The President of BYU-I announced an on-campus date night, and encouraged guys to ask. 
Well I got asked by a cute boy, Dallas. 
The night consisted of a little "talk" from the Gilberts, a game, and then a dance. 
The game consisted of first writing down 3 things the other one likes. Then we had to draw the 3 things, with the paper on their forehead. It was silly. 


My three things: sweets, flowers, and sign language. 
This is of course his drawing. 


The dance was of course my favorite part. 
Dallas could break it down. 
He made it a good time.
We ended the night with some jamba juice. 



Friday. 

I decided to take the day off since I only had one class, and it would be a nascence (plus all the other interpreters gladly wanted the extra hour). 

Mom and I woke up early to attend a session. We got there 30 minutes before the session started and found out they only had one more spot. Dang it. So we ended up doing initatories. It was still so great. I had been feeling like I should go do them, so it worked out. 

We got done around 11, and went back to the hotel to wait for the kids to get out of baptisms. 
We changed our clothes, and watched tv. 1 o clock passed and we still didn't hear from them, so we decided to start eating lunch. 
I've been wanting to try a place called The Burg. It's supposedly better than In-N-Out, so I was excited. My expectations were exceeded. I agree that it is better than In-N-Out. So freakin good. 
They also have really good shakes that are piled high like the restaurant Ice Berg. 
Finally around 1:30, they called and said they were finally out. I guess there was a ward in front of them and they ended up being there 3 hours. WOW. 
   They were super hungry and were also very satisfied with the food. 

After lunch, we met up with Morgan to go bowling. Payson joined us the second game. 

We had some bad luck. Our first bowling lane wouldn't clean up the pins after they were hit. It was frozen. The second lane we had wouldn't bring the ball back. The third lane finally worked! 
Nate smoked us the first game. 



Then the second game we put up the side things (I can't remember the word right now) and Alie smoked us. Dad and I came in last. Haha. 



STRIKE













There was good music the whole time, which just really topped it all off. 
I think the highlight was mom exercising when she was waiting her turn and Alie and Mom both almost falling. 




I passed an important interpreting test, so my dad decided we should celebrate with a nice dinner. 
So we drove to IF, and ate at a restaurant similar to Benihanas. It was really yummy AND we had a really funny chief. He threw broccoli at each of us to catch in our mouth. I think Payson was the only one to get it. Go figure. 




Saturday


We hit the road to see Yellowstone. 
I got to "DJ" the whole ride, so I was content. 
My family has been two other times, and one of the times we saw 11 bears. We had high hopes for a lot of action, but we only ended up seeing bison, and a moose laying down. 
We also had added motivation because the first person to see a bear, bison, wolf, moose, elk, etc got money. We didn't have much success in that department. Only Payson and Alie got money. 

Fortunately, the fall trees were BEAUTIFUL. It was peaceful enjoying the nature. 

We also saw "Old Faithful". We figured we had a bit of time before it ruptured, so we played Apples to Apples. I think Mom, Alie and I ended up having a three way tie. 
It eventfully went off. I think the best part were all the asians videoing with their phones and filming all the americans. I think we got in at least 4 different videos. 







We lingered around that area for a bit, mostly taking pictures and eating lunch. 



 












On the way home, we took a different way so we could see a lake. We stopped a few times on the way. One to see the moose which even out of the car, I still couldn't tell it was a moose. 
Then we stopped again to look at a waterfall. 








Awkward family photo. Lol. 




We continued driving, ate some snacks and stopped two more times- beautiful scenic picture and to go on a mini hike plus bathroom break. 








Then all the boys started skipping rocks. Some of these pictures make me laugh. 









After this stop, we drove through to Rexburg. 
Once we got into town, we went to a mexican food restaurant for dinner. 
Then we all refreshed before the Utah, ASU game. 
In the mean time, mom, Alie and I picked up soda for "soda vine" and sugar cookies. 
It was real good. I'm going to need to set a mental limit of often I can consume. 

Only dad and Payson really watched the game. 
Mom and Morgan made apple crisp while Alie and I downloaded all the pictures. 
Nate was responsible and did homework. 





Sunday

I had to give a talk in church today about blessings of the temple. 
But that is the last block. 
First we had RS. I stayed up late revising my talk, so I was exhausted. 
We got cookies though, so that was nice. 

I usually teach Temple Prep but only one girl from the class showed up, so we decided to postpone. 
Really though, half my ward was gone. 

Finally sacrament meeting came. 
My family came to take the sacrament, but they needed to leave early to catch their plane. 
I was the last speaker but they still stayed and made it onto the plane! 
It was nice of them to come. 


After some church things, I went over to Morgans for dinner, like usual. 
Then we watched the Cokeville Miracle. 
It truly is a miracle. 
Plus heart breaking. 



I'm ready for another week, but first need to sleep for 15 hours. 







Here are additional pictures 

















CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top