Wow!! I didn't realize how far behind I was!!
Monday after break I went back to work. Then as soon as I got off, I drove to pick up Tyler in Idaho Falls. Once we got back into town, he had a lot of homework, and I had a night interpreting job. Then after both, we went to WalMart to buy some gatorade since he was sick.
Tuesday weekly movie was Unbroken. I had never seen it, but it is Tyler's favorite. So we watched it, but it was in true college fashion; on a laptop. It's a pretty sad movie but really good. I heard the movie even sugar coated a bit.
Wednesday work was same for the most part except I had to go to a boring work meeting. The school is adopting a new system to log hours, so they had an hour training about how to use it. Really only the first 5 minutes was relevant. BUT they brought treats, so I guess that made it all worth it. (I cheated and ate peanut m and ms)
Thursday... Tyler and I broke up. I'm sure most of y'all already know this.
Naturally, I treated myself to some soda from sodavine and paid a visit to Morgan and Payson, so I could be around people. The rest of the night I drove around Rexburg, Sugar City, etc to clear my head. I did find a beautiful view of the city! Unfortuantely, I can't find it again!
Funny story: While I was at Morgan's, I got a call from a number in Vegas. I answered thinking it was a sells call, and it ended up being a guy from my institute class asking me on a date. LOL. Just my luck. The night of a break up, right?
Friday. Despite not really wanting to do anything, I knew being busy is my biggest trick to getting over heart break. So I went to work, then to IF to Christmas shop! I'm so proud of myself, I got all my shopping done that day! (December 4th is a self record). Then that night I beat another record...I ran 2 straight miles!!!!!! Usually I can only run 1 and am very proud of myself for doing so. But that day, I was feeling good and knew I could keep going. So I did and did the impossible! Still so proud of myself.
Saturday I went to the temple, did my roommates hair, ran some errands, and then went to the BYU-I Christmas concert (with my roommates). My only critique is that they should have played more traditional christmas songs. Other than that, it was very well put together!
Sunday: I had my last "temple prep lesson" and thought it went pretty well. I'm kinda relieved to be done, so this last sunday we can just enjoy. After church, I was pretty exhausted so i let myself take a nap. I let myself sleep til I needed to get ready to go to Morgan's for dinner. Savannah made a really yummy dessert, and they had an extra guest. It was a good time. We were good kids and watched the Christmas devo too. Which was also really good!
Monday: One of my students had to teach parents for a week, and then this week, she got to take care of kids, while the other students taught a new set of parents. I was lucky enough to be invited to come "interpret". It was the best thing ever. I'm telling you, kids are the best therapy. I loved holding the babies. :) Dream land. After the baby extravaganza, I decided I should go to FHE. I'm glad i did, they had yummy food, and played my favorite "charades" game. It was well worth my time.
Tuesday: Last devo. As bonus, the speaker is a teacher i interpret for, and he is my absolute favorite teacher. So it was a very sweet last devo. I forced the interpreters/deaf students to take a picture. I think they are already grateful for it. :)
PS, this picture is missing two interpreters.
After school, we had a roommate night. Courtney has been talking about this authentic mexican food place all semester. So we finally tried it out and it did not disappoint. SO GOOD! I only wish I had tried it sooner.
Wednesday: Once again, we had the child care in the evening. After I worked out. I've been on a roll and have gone everyday! Bonus: classes are already cancelling. One class cancelled the last 3 meetings. SWEET.
Thursday: It was a rough day. One of the students was real rude, and then when I tried to go to the temple, I realized I didn't have my recommend. The second half of the day turned around though. Before our interpreting meeting, one of my friends looked up funny youtube videos and it turned my mood around. Also the women's class talked about pregnancy and birth which was super interesting and probably my favorite class the whole semester.
Friday: NO CLASS. YAY!!!
My roommate goes to a family ward, and therefore has mommy friends. Well they came over for a lunch date today. I of course came out from hiding and played with the kids all afternoon. So great.
Then I ran some errands, bought a good book to read, made oreo truffles and just enjoying time to myself. :)
PS Only 6 days til I'll be in sunny Mesa. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment