Week before the break..
IT SNOWED EVERYDAY. ALL DAY. I was grateful to be going home soon.
Monday
One of my students asked if I could run a few errands with her, since she didn't have a car. First we had to walk through the snow and then scrape off 4 layers of snow off my car. Fun.
I ran 2 miles again!! I was so proud of myself, but that pride didn't last long. I slipped on ice while walking out of the gym AND a very cute boy saw it happen. I was so embarrassed and mad at myself for breaking my record of not falling.
Tuesday
I only had to go to one class. HALLELUJAH!! The rest of the day I spent running errands with Morgan and helping her pack up the house. Although we didn't get that much done til Payson came and made Morgan pack up EVERYTHING.
Wednesday
My last class was also my first class of the semester. I love sentimental things like that!
Both classes I had, brought brownies!! It was a great last day of class!
Once I was finished, I helped Payson load up one of the cars, then tried to pack myself.
In the evening, i had a work party. It was pretty low key, but fun to chat and laugh. My coworkers always crack me up.
Thursday
What a long day! I woke up, did last minute packing, then drove the 3.5 hours to Salt Lake. Except the water to clean the windshield was frozen, so I had to pull over 3 times to clean it (the windshield was dangerously dirty from all the ice getting kicked up). Later I found out you are supposed to pour something in the car before winter. AZ probs.
I stopped for Zuppas of course, then chatted with my grandparents until it was time to leave.
I had the most efficient airport experience ever. I used the mobile ticket, and had TSA Pre-check in. But then I had a ton of time before I needed to go. AND my flight got delayed because someone accidentally locked the cabin of the plane. I was stressing because I was already cutting it close to my star wars showing. BUT it all worked out.
I lucked out in having friends save seats before. I wouldn't give away any spoilers, but I didn't feel like it was "that star wars feel". It was good as a movie, but I didn't love it.
Friday
I have a secret...I had an interview with MPS District and I got the job!! So I will be starting Jan 4th!
As soon as I was finished with my interview, I got lunch with Kelley and Vanita at backyard taco. Once Vanita left for the temple, Kelley and I went to get a gift for Vanita, since it was her first time going through the temple. Then we all did a session. It was so special and great although I was bummed she had one of the old movies.
Per tradition, we went out to eat at Charleston's after.
Saturday
The evening before, Nate asked me if i could take him shopping. Of course the only free time was in the morning, so we had to get up early. We got it all done in an hour, go us!
At 11, I went to the ASL session at the temple. I saw a million people I knew since 3 of my friends were getting sealed at the same time. The session was so cool, I learned so much!! BUT deaf people tend to not be very reverent. They are loud and love chatting.
Right after the temple, I worked with my cousin, Jayne. It was so great. We went on a walk around the track, which was so nice getting out of the house. She was also so obedient which is always a bonus.
Then I went to Christian Dance with Alie and Kelley. It will forever be one of my favorite Christmas traditions. As bonus, two of my friends were in it this year! After we went to Nielsons and just chatted.
Sunday
Since I don't have an official ward here, I figured I would ward hop with Melissa. I'm so glad I did. It was a power house ward. Super big and active. Plus I left edified. All the lessons were on point. AND they had a meal after church just because. Oh and I caught up with a long lost friend from EFY! That's mesa for ya!
Later that evening, we went to the temple lights with my cousins. I didn't really look around at all, instead i was chatting and helping push my grandmas wheel chair. Good thing I've seen them 3,000 times. After walking around, we had bosa doughnuts and hot chocolate in the parking lot. My favorite tradition. :)








0 comments:
Post a Comment