Christmas Eve
I slept in til the last possible minute, then worked with Jayne from 11-2. As soon as I got home, I took Al to Old Navy to get Baby Lott a gift. It wasn't as crowded as I imagined, which was nice because neither of us were "Ready" and we didn't have a ton of time to spare.
Her way of holding them. What a goof.
Once we got home, I did Alie's hair and then hurried and got ready for our Despain Christmas Party.
Al is always me selfie buddy.
The party was a little different this year.
A. We had two missionaries out, and all night it felt like we were missing so many people.
B. Instead of acting out the nativity, we had a discussion about Christ and the atonement.
I was a-okay with this change.
The rest was the same.. dinner and gift exchange. My favorite gift I received was piano music!
My aunt gave this to my mom. It's a picture of DJ that says, "Get on your knees and pray, then get on your feet and work".
All the Stahle clan teared up.
We were laughing at dad because he put on his hat as soon as he opened it.
Right when we got home, we put on our Christmas jammies. I jokingly put my hands on Morgan's belly and then everyone copied. From the picture below you can tell she wasn't a fan.
Then we watched White Christmas while Al made Santa cookies.
It was kinda sad having no one believe in Santa. Last year Nate at least pretended like he still did.
Christmas
It was a struggle to get up. We knew we were facetiming DJ at 8am, and I was down to wait to open gifts til after. But no one else agreed with this. Nate came in our room at 6 but we held him off til 6:30.
I scored in the gift department: apple watch (I didn't really want/need one but I love it now), first pair of my own running shoes, vegetable chopper, gift cards, piano music, games, etc.
Facetiming DJ was great and awful. It made me want more. But I guess I should be grateful we got to see him at all!
Eagerly waiting
Once we were done with our facetime, we tried to figure out our watches til it was time to go to our grandmas for breakfast. They invited their missionaries over (one was super cute) and we all played rage after eating.
When we got home, Nate said he would go on a bike ride with me, but it soon turned into everyone coming. Alie and I were rebellious and road away before we could be forced to wear a helmet. The bike ride didn't last long. We road on the canal until it was fenced off and then everyone quit.
We had a fancy turkey dinner, and I must have eaten too much because I slept for 3 hours and then 10 more hours later that night.
Alie got a new camera lense, so we took random pictures.
We said this is Dad in his natural habitat (DC and football).
26th (Saturday)
I worked with Jayne, like normal except she was pretty hyper. We couldn't go on our walk because she kept trying to run into the street.
Around 3, Kel and I went to Sheridan's bridal shower. She had such a great turn out, and support which made me really happy. Tommy's mom threw it and had frozen yogurt from yogurtland! It was a genius idea. I think one of the best parts was meeting Jena's new baby and holding him. He is such a calm and good baby!
For dinner, we convinced dad to get Canes. SO GOOD. 4 months too long..
In the evening, I hung out with some of my Tucson homies: Syd, EJ, Rory, Matt, Andrew and Kenzie. We had a game night which is my kind of night! They taught us a new game that I was completely playing wrong til EJ helped me. Then I almost won!
27th (Sunday)
Since I got the job in Mesa, I needed to now move all my stuff down, but my car was in Salt Lake. So Mom and I flew to SLC, drove to Rexburg (3.5 hours) packed up the house then started the 14 hour drive.
When flying, I lucked out with getting TSA Pre-check in, but since mom didn't I waited on the other side and people watched. On the plane, I sat next to a lady that didn't know how to put her phone on airplane mode. I helped her but then realized I never showed her how to turn it off, so hopefully she eventually realized she wasn't getting calls and turned it off herself.
My grandpa was so sweet and scraped off all the snow on my car! It was the best Christmas gift!
We were able to pack up all my things in an hour which has to be some kind of record!
Before we left, I decided I needed a picture in front of the iconic Rexburg sign!
A selfie was also necessary!
Goodbye house!
We made it all the way to Nephi and then got a motel for the night!
The following day, we only had 9 hours left, so we decided we could sleep in.
The stupid motel alarm clock went off at 5:30. Not happy about that.
The motel had free breakfast, which free is always very welcomed.
Before our trip, I tried looking for an audiobook, but didn't really find one that sounded interesting enough, or the reader was too boring. Then I remembered everyone loved the podcast, "Serial". So I downloaded it and we listened to it once we were half way. OH MY GOODNESS. SO GOOD!! I definitely recommend!! Although I'm still kinda mad about the ending...
We made it home by 6, and my whole fam helped me unload the car.
I spent the rest of the evening finishing the podcast and organizing all my things.
29th (Tuesday)
Yesterday was all about moving into my new house and organizing myself.
I took a load over to the house, got my key, dropped off rent, and looked at furniture with mom and alie. Oh and we had to pick up my car from being serviced, and then treated ourselves to Fiiz.
I worked with Jayne, like normal, then finally went back to the furniture store to purchase a bed set, dresser, night stand. I'm pretty excited about my new room.
My parents told me this is my bed set for when I get married too, so I was kinda stressing. I wanted my future husband to like it too. Then decided he probs wont care anyway.





0 comments:
Post a Comment