January 5th, 2016

December 30th

I worked a little earlier, 1-5. My aunt/uncle took a little trip to Tucson which meant my shift was an hour longer than normal. Well Jayne was sick with a cold, so she was super chill. It was kind of a nice treat to have her so calm. On top of that, we did a lot of driving. My aunt had all the cousins over for games. So I drove the 30 minute drive with all of Jayne's siblings. We stayed 20 minutes, then drove the 30 minutes again. Then did it again 2 hours later. I got in-n-out somewhere in there though.

Right when I got off, I changed, then drove to the Gilbert Temple! Sarah just recently received her endowments, and we decided we needed to go before she went back to school. So Kel, Sarah and I did a session. It was my first time in the Gilbert Temple and it was quite enchanting.


December 31st

I woke up with a cold of course (thanks Jayne), but there was no way I was staying on the party of the century! I still worked with Jayne, then went out eat with my family at Kona Grill. While we were there, dad dipped his sushi in the soy sauce, it dropped and splashed up on his nice button down shirt. It was kind of hilarious because he was SO EMBARRASSED.

When we got home, I found out that my Tucson house had been broken into. They stole Syd's fancy (and quite expensive camera lens) shoes, makeup and my tv. I was literally going to Tucson in two days to get it and someone stole it. We were all freaking out. Thanks a lot "bad guy".

For NYE, I had a little dilemma. There were two different YSA events, and I didn't know which to attend. Awhile back a few people told me they were going to Dave and Busters, so I bought my ticket  early to save the extra 5 dollars. Then that day, I found out everyone was going to Fat Cats. Oops. Sarah had already bought a ticket too, so we decided to still go. I was so happy we did!! We actually had fun and danced our tails off! And I had a little Tucson reunion!







After the dance, we wanted a cute picture, and after a million tries, we finally got some decent ones. Then I dropped her off, drove to the other side of Mesa to attend the CSP breakfast. I went solely to socialize and I'm happy I decided to make the trek.




THE NEW YEAR .... 2016


Side note: This is going to be a great year! I can feel it!



My new bed, dresser, and night stand were supposed to come between 11:15-3:15. What a long gap. I woke up at 10, showered, and drove to the house. Luckily they came around 12 so I didn't have to sit around all day.

I actually felt super sick. Half of taking medicine on an empty stomach and the other half from being actually sick. I was supposed to have a date and work that night, but I cancelled both. Instead we decided to go to Tucson that evening when my mom could help us move out the furniture. We made good time and had enough time to drop it off at my new house.


January 2nd

I pretty much just stayed home. I didn't feel well and I wanted to be better before I started work on Monday. My plan was to move all my stuff, grocery shop and sleep in my new house, but I decided to just wait til I felt better.


January 3rd (Sunday)

I still didn't feel that great, but I had already committed to interpreting for the deaf guy in my parent's ward. All break I had to keep canceling, so I felt like I probs should. It was alright. I was a little rusty so it's probably really good I did it.

Later I picked up Olivia for our new ward. She is a friend from Tucson that graduated from the same program and also works for MPS! We joked that we were twins when we first met, but now we really are! Anyway, church was good! I didn't stay the whole time because I started feeling worse. Plus church at 2 didn't really help. I did really like my ward though from the little glimpse I had! I think it will be a good change!


January 4th

My first day working at the elementary school and for MPS! My supervisor met me at 7:20 to go over a little more paperwork and to introduce me to the student. She is a cute little 2nd grader and the smartest thing. She works hard and wants to do her best, which is refreshing.

The only down side is, I feel like she doesn't really need me. I have a lot of down time but I guess that's also just a difference in pace compared to college where it never stops. I could have finished all of Al Fox Carraway's book that day if I wanted. Probably exaggerated.

The same time, elementary is so fun. Kids crack me up. One girl raised her hand and said, "Destiny was going to tattle on me." Lol. The irony. There is also this little black boy that is the class clown. He cracks me up but I always have to secretly laugh or it eggs him on.

At lunch, I made friends with the other aids. Typical. That was the same at the other school I worked at. I think it's partly because most teachers don't eat in the teacher's lounge.


The very best part of the work day was my student giving me a hug goodbye. It made me feel appreciated and like she actually liked me.


My day was definitely not over at this point. I drove to my parent's, packed up my clothes and some daily things I used. Then moved them to my new house and tried to situate myself. It took quite a bit of time but my roommate kept me company. Then I ran to the grocery store and bought some stuff for lunches/breakfast. Then I went back to my parent's and we had a little fhe lesson and dinner of course. Then I was back to my house. I had a blind date at 7:30 with someone my cousin worked with. Right before I got kind of nervous. Like what if he tries to kill me. Haha. Luckily he was a sweet guy. We ended up going to "As You Wish". I painted a mug with a sunflower on it and he painted a dinosaur. It was actually the perfect date because it allowed us to talk while still doing an activity!



January 5th

Day 2 of work. Waking up was already tough. I'm hoping it will only get better from here!
I was worried about how long it would take me from my Gilbert house but I had plenty of time. So we're good.

I had more to actually interpret and things just felt more smooth. I guess that's kind of expected though. The first day is usually overwhelming.

That's about all I have to report on work wise except I'm starting another job. My aunt referred me to her brother in law that has an autistic son. They have needed a hab worker since November. Their boy is 14 and super high functioning, so it sounds like a nice arrangement. I would work 2:50-6 M-F. So not too bad! I'm excited!

I still worked with Jayne today. Beforehand I stopped by my mom's house to change, and eat. Then I stopped by after Jayne's played basketball with the kids and mom (except it was more so playing horse), then I drove back to my house.

I feel kind of sad everytime I leave my family's house but once I get to my other house, I am able to consume myself with people. Then I feel fine. It's funny I feel sad at all because they are so close.


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top