So I started another job. Tuesday night (the second day of school), my aunt emailed me saying her Brother in Law really needed a hab worker for their autistic kid. I slept on it, and the following day decided I would do it. Jack is super high functioning, and pretty independent. His main set back are his seizures. He had one the second day on the job. Lucky me. But we were both okay, so all is well. I really like his parents (plus they have good treats ;) ). He has therapy two times a week, which means I get even more down time! Typically with Jack, he likes to watch stuff on his ipad to unwind from school, then he helps with a chore around the house (laundry, dishes etc) then we play wii (he always wins) and eat chicken nuggets. He gives the best hugs and always runs to open the door for me. I have a Jack story to share. The other day, he stayed home from school because he had a cold. He knew I was coming so he got out a rice krispy treat for me...The day before I had eaten one, but i didn't even think he noticed. But he totally did and got one out for me because he knew I liked them. How sweet, huh!
Friday Jan 8th:
I went on a date to the Suns Game a week ago. It was such a good time. It was with my friend Kai. I met him in Tucson but we weren't really friends until recently. We are now best friends. He cracks me up and is always up for a good time.
I had a stupid eye appt, which are always the worst. Solely because they try to get the right prescription, so they change the intensity and ask "better or worse". But half the time they look the same and then he gets frustrated with me.
After I worked with Jayne. By the time I was finished with Jayne, I was starving. I convinced the fam to eat at BJs. Unfortunately, it was too long of a wait, so we went to Kona Grill (dad's recent obsession).
Then I went back to their house and watched a great football game. I think it was the Steelers, and i can't remember who else.
Before heading home I decided I deserved Bahama Bucks for making through my first week of 2 new jobs. Plus I was just craving it!
I'm still loving my ward, mostly because everything is still new. We had a mini linger longer and it was nice to meet more people!
Later that night, I went to the CES devo with my first roommate, Marissa. I had forgotten how energetic and happy she was. It was fun to catch up and be with her. We will have to do something again.
I wasn't quite ready for the night to be over, so Kai, Anthony and I went to a game night at Marks. I LOVE games, so you already know it was a good time. Plus Mark made perfect cookies. :)
Monday Jan 11th:
We got a Christmas package from DJ!! I totally forgot he had sent something so it was a nice surprise! He sent us a ton of chocolates (I insisted that we all get a piece of each flavor), pictures, calendar and individualized letters.
Quite possibly the longest day of my life. I worked from 7:00am-9:00pm. Too long in my book. My aunt asked if I would help with Jayne because her usual worker couldn't. It was just a one time thing, so I thought, what the heck! Why not. Jayne is pretty low key but I think just never going home made a huge difference.
Wednesday Jan 13th
I decided I needed to go to the temple, so I did initatories. My Mesa YSA stake had temple night. I was kinda happy that i was going to do initatories instead of a session. But it was good like always.
Thursday Jan 14th
After work, Melissa, Kel and I got our nails done! I wanted to have mine nice for Sheridan's wedding. It was nice being pampered and catching up. My nails kept catching my attention the next day. It was a nice treat to myself. After, we of course had to get some food so we went to Pei Wei. Small world- the guy that rang us up, went to elementary school with us. I haven't seen him since 6th grade so it was crazy.
Friday Jan 15th
Sheridan had her wedding dinner. They went all out and had it catered. Plus a cute little program. Both Sheridan's dad and Tommy's dad talked. Tommy's dad also wrote a cute song about them, and showed their slideshow. It was a good night.
After the dinner, I met up with Kai, Anthony, Melissa and Olivia. We ended up going to Kai's house and watching a movie. I got home kinda late, which I always find thrilling
Saturday Jan 16th
SHERIDANS BIG DAY!!!!!!
She was absolutely glowing and perfect. Her dress, veil, makeup, hair, everything was so perfect! It was my first sealing, and it was just so great. I cried even just waiting in the chapel. So happy for her and Tom!!
We stayed at the temple for awhile waiting for our pictures with the "wedding party". Then we got lunch at Zuppas. Jena unfortunately left her phone on her tray and it got thrown away. Luckily she realized and a worker dug it out.
Sprinkles was giving away free cupcakes to anyone dressed in Cardinals clothes. Luckily, Eric came in clutch and had 3! So Sarah, Kel and I all made the trek to Scottsdale to get our free cupcakes!
Then we went to Walmart to get stuff to decorate the car. Just like that, it was time for the reception to start. They had Gecko Grill cater (which was a dream) and the cutest decorations. It was probably my favorite reception I've ever seen. We didn't really socialize much. After we ate, we went out to decorate the car. When we came back, it was time to dance! They had a cute little dance floor, and we sure danced! It was a good time! I'm so happy for Sher and Tom. It was crazy looking at all their pictures. They really have been together a long time.
We all cleaned up the backyard just in time to catch the end of the Cardinals game. I'm glad we got to watch it because it was CRAZY.
The night didn't end here, I went out with Kai and Anthony. We went to In-n-Out then watched a chick flick that i did not pick out, just for the record!
Sunday Jan 17th:
Elder Bednar spoke Saturday night and I unfortunately couldn't go. But lucky me, he also spoke at 8:30 am on Sunday!! We filled up a car and drove out to ASU. We got there a bit too late, and had to sit in a classroom but it was still so great. Bednar is so direct and wise. He has always been my favorite.
After I took a 20 minute nap, then went to my ward.
I had a slow night. I decided to just stay home and catch up on sleep. It felt so nice.
Monday Jan 18th:
MLK Day- no school. :)
I still worked with Jack from 8-1 but it was fun. We had freedom to do whatever we wanted. I brought him to my parent's house and he was SO EXCITED to meet them. He already has a crush on Al.
Right when i got off, Kel, Eric and I went on a hike with the rest of Mesa. It was pretty crowded. I always forget how much I love hiking until I do it. I would go on a hike everyday if I could.


0 comments:
Post a Comment