Jan 19th Tuesday
Institute started again this week. Brother Janes (my former seminary teacher) teaches a night class at MCC that basically all of Mesa High goes to. He is and will forever be one of my favorite teachers. Anyway, I was happy it started up again!
After class, I met up with Landon and we caught up. I haven't really seen him since moving back, so it was fun to talk!
Jan 20th Wednesday
I think i went running, then I showered and read "the continuous conversion". It's so good. I don't always like books like that, or at least I didn't think I did but I actually really like it.
Jan 21st Thursday
Right as I was leaving Jack's house, I got an awful bloody nose. Every time I get one, I become dramatic and feel as if it will never stop. They are so annoying. Anyway, it threw off my plans to go running because now my stomach hurt. Instead I just chilled at my parents.
Kai wanted to do something after he went to the temple, but it kept getting pushed back. Eventually I went to his house and talked to his roommates while he was freshening up. We got in a deep discussion about why people need to stop hooking up. Or more so why one of his roommates shouldn't.
Once Kai was finally ready, we watched the end of Oceans 11 with one of his other roommates. Side note: he has 6 roommates so there are always things going on at his house. Plus it's pretty big! We stayed awake way too late. I was already regretting it.
Jan 22nd Friday
I had a little missionary experience. I got talking with one of the girls that works with my student. In a previous conversation she told me she was no longer active but her family still went. Then on Friday she said she was kinda active so I asked what she meant. We got talking and I invited her to come to church with me or I would even go with her so she wouldn't have to go by herself. She was actually super receptive. We will see what happens!
I worked with Jack after school, but his sister came by the house. It was nice to have some adult conversation and change things up a bit. Plus I didn't have to entertain Jack as much as he clung to her hip.
"My house" was a mad house this weekend. One of the girls that furnished the whole place was moving out. If you can imagine, she had A TON of things. Even after 2 trips, they still haven't moved everything out. It made me not really want to be there since it was so chaotic so I intentionally was gone all day.
I had a date that night. It's kind of a funny situation. The leaders in my ward set up every guy/girl on a date. Then we had dinner and played games at the leader's house. I think it's hilarious that they are taking initiative and trying to get us all to date. It was a good time, although I didn't really get to talk to my date that much since it was a group thing.
After my date, I met up with Kai. We were stupid to because we were both so tired. Yet we stayed up late again hanging out with his roommates.
Jan 23rd Saturday
I worked with Jayne 8:30-12:30, which was actually great. I'm becoming a morning person, which is so weird. I guess I'm actually becoming an adult. But the same time, I can stay up late with no problem.
After working with Jayne, Kel, Jena and I were going to go on a hike. It didn't end up working out so instead I went running til i got creeped out by a gross man. Mom so graciously gave me money to pick up lunch. Then I chilled at their house, avoiding going back to the chaos of my own. I forgot to mention, another girl was now also moving in. She was refurnishing everything so she also had a ton of stuff.
Later in the evening, Melissa and I went to the movies and she supplied us with girl scout cookies. :)
Jan 24th Sunday
I got two new callings: linger longer committee, and compassionate service leader. Neither are too overly involved or huge responsibilities and i'm kinda excited about that.
During the third hour of church, I discovered the app, "Down to Lunch". I become pretty distracted/consumed the end of the block. If you don't know what it is, look it up. I think it's the coolest thing and would actually work if everyone got it!
In the evening, I watched the sad, sad cardinals game with dad. Then finished the night skyping with Morgan and Payson.
Jan 25th Monday
My student had an appt after lunch, but of course didn't tell us ahead of time. I ended up just going to Mountain View High School to observe/team. They ended up taking a test anyway. Which means 0 interpreting. Lol. It was fun though to chat with other interpreters during their prep time.
My parents fed the missionaries. It was weird because they are no longer my age. They are babies now. I now feel like I'm actually getting older.
Olivia and I made our best effort to attend FHE. We mostly just talked to people we have recently meet in the ward. So we failed in meeting new people. It was overall chill, just a ton of people since we were with 2 other wards.
Jan 24th Sunday
I got two new callings: linger longer committee, and compassionate service leader. Neither are too overly involved or huge responsibilities and i'm kinda excited about that.
During the third hour of church, I discovered the app, "Down to Lunch". I become pretty distracted/consumed the end of the block. If you don't know what it is, look it up. I think it's the coolest thing and would actually work if everyone got it!
In the evening, I watched the sad, sad cardinals game with dad. Then finished the night skyping with Morgan and Payson.
Jan 25th Monday
My student had an appt after lunch, but of course didn't tell us ahead of time. I ended up just going to Mountain View High School to observe/team. They ended up taking a test anyway. Which means 0 interpreting. Lol. It was fun though to chat with other interpreters during their prep time.
My parents fed the missionaries. It was weird because they are no longer my age. They are babies now. I now feel like I'm actually getting older.
Olivia and I made our best effort to attend FHE. We mostly just talked to people we have recently meet in the ward. So we failed in meeting new people. It was overall chill, just a ton of people since we were with 2 other wards.
0 comments:
Post a Comment