1. Wednesday evening I went to a RS fireside for all the graduating laurels. I was asked to stand at the CSP (my ward's name) and talk to the new girls. Only about 3 girls showed up from our stake, so I will have to hunt them down since I knew a majority of them. The fireside felt long, mainly because I was so tired, but it reminded me how scared I felt entering the YSA life. It is a hard transition, and it still is a little bit uncomfortable, but the more you get involved, the better it is!
2. I GOT MY CAR BACK!!! 109 days later I finally got it back. I had to pay another visit to the bodyshop the next day and will have to go again but I'm so happy to have it back! I took this selfie while waiting to go inside to the fireside. My front camera has a scratch on it, so that's why the picture is so low quality.
I took some pictures later which were kind of a joke.
I asked my Instagram friends for some name ideas. I thought it should be japanese since toyota is a japanese company. I think the winner was Cho. lol.
3. Sheridan, and her parents were out of town Thursday-Sunday, so I stayed with her younger siblings. It didn't require much since they are both high school age. Thursday night, Alie, Abby and I went to see Avengers! I love the little humor they always slide in there. Although the main guy was kind of "dark/satan like" at first. I wasn't a fan of that.
Friday my family was out of town. I was home alone. I experienced my paranoia a little bit, but once I was asleep I was out the whole night! In general, I enjoyed being alone- it meant playing the piano and singing as loud as I could.
4. I had a big interpreting test Saturday morning. I had to wake up at 5:30, which ended up being okay, because then it was just a part of my everyday normal routine. While driving to the testing site, the 10-West was closed, but luckily I know that freeway well enough that I could "reroute" myself. The test had two parts- an interview with deaf student that is done in ASL, and I voice/change it to english. That's always the hardest part. The second part was 4 clips of different classrooms, and I interpret to ASL. At the end of each section, I felt like it went fast, and I wanted to keep going. That's a pretty good sign, right?
When I was finished, I wanted to reward myself with lunch, but then I realized it was only 9:00. Haha.
5. Saturday evening Abby had some friends over. I didn't really know how to be the mom/not be too much in the way. They were actually really good kids though and didn't kick me out completely. Haha. It made me unexcited to have teenage children. It's going to be tough work but I guess I will have a cute husband to help me set rules.
My weekend was pretty busy/full of being bossy, but it was overall pretty good.



0 comments:
Post a Comment