May 28, 2015

In case y'all don't know, I have temporarily moved 2,000 miles away from home! I am nanny for 2 cute kiddos (3 year old girl, and 7 month old boy).

First I'll give you the skinny on my life.

Morgan and Payson came into Mesa on Saturday! They made everyone a little more lively! We all stayed home Saturday (well after DJ went through the temple) and Sunday night we all stayed home and played Apples to Apples. Then Monday morning we went on a bike ride before they had to head out!




Later that evening, my family went out for my "last meal". Haha. Of course we had to go to Costa Vida! 


It was Monday, so of course that meant FHE! We are getting a new bishop, so the whole night was dedicated to the bishopric and their wives. We heard embarrassing stories about them, and then had a pool/game party. Once the party died down, Sheridan, Mark and I went and saw Insurgent! I've been waiting forever to see it, so it was vital we went that night! I was kind of disappointed with how it didn't follow the book, but I guess that's typical! 



Now we are up to date to the day of my move!



I had to leave bright and early-6:30 am! Which meant I was up at 5:30! My dad was so kind and drove me to the airport, plus came in to make sure everything went okay! To top it all off, he bought my lifesavers in case I got sick on the plane! What a thoughtful guy! 

When we parted, he advised me to be good and keep on smiling. At that moment it hit me that I was really leaving for a month to be with a family I don't know. I almost started crying, but I was able to hold it back. A moment later, I decided to dedicate this summer to uplifting the family/kids and bringing them closer to Christ. That mentality made me feel much more at peace! 

I arrived around 4:30 their time, and the sweet, beautiful mother picked me up. She is seriously amazing, and so pretty. And then here I am- not ever getting ready until I go out at night. Haha. 

That night I just unpacked my things, and then Vanita and her friend Morgan came over! They took me out to a pizza place and then showed me a little around town! 

I had a rough time sleeping that night. The three hour difference was rough. 


My first day on the job was rough. The little girl, was testing me to see how far she could push me, but the baby is so calm (unless he's hungry). During my break, I went over to Vanita's and that helped ground me a little and re-motivate me! That evening, Vanita, Morgan and I went to the city (Philadelphia)! We got ice cream from a place called, "Franklin's Fountain" and then met up with one of their friends! 


Also the streets are pretty weird in the suburb because they are narrow, and typical don't have turning lanes, but the scenery, is GORGEOUS! 




Today has been a million times better!! 

I don't feel as tired, the kids were so good, I have a better feel for their schedule, Brynn (the little girl) has warmed up to me and even called me mom! Oh and as an extra success, I went running! I'm finally getting this all down! 



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top