Birthday Week.

I always know it's time to blog when Al bal texts me and asks if I'm ever going to blog.


So like I mentioned in my previous post, I have pneumonia, so Thursday and Friday, I was basically just a bum. I watched the whole first season of gossip girl in 3 days. Whoops!

Saturday I faced the world.

I ran some errands and picked up my rental car (cute black malibu)! The best part is that I don't have to pay for the car since the dealership messed up my car.... Later that evening was the "General Women's Broadcast". We did it a little backwards. My mom went to a wedding for a friend at work, so we had freedom to do whatever. So we watched gossip girl, went out to eat to beat the women craze, then finally watched the Broadcast.

Once Sheridan got home, she had a little party at her house since Kolter (her brother that lives in Provo) also got in town. It was like old times shutting ourselves in Sheridan's room and just talking. Once we got "kicked out" we stood in front of our cars and talked for another 2 hours. But let's get real, talking is my favorite thing.



Sunday was a busy busy day! My sunday school teaching partner came over bright and early to plan our lesson. It was a pretty easy topic, so we got through pretty fast. Then I got ready and headed to my singles ward. One of the talks was SUPER long but it was a good meeting, and Vanita's very last with me.... (she leaves in 7 days!!! YIKES) I was planning on stayed for the first 40 minutes of sunday school, but they pulled a fast one on me and decided to put RS 2nd hour. I had to leave my partner to teaching on his own because Sher's homecoming talk was during that same time!

Sheridan nailed her talk! She was already bright and wise in the gospel but now that is multiplied by 10. She's a gem, and all the boys are already jumping on the chance to ask her out!

That evening she had an open house, and once again we stayed until midnight talking outside. Which is only dramatic because I had to get up at 5 the next morning.


Monday. Work was work. I finally went back and I guess it was good to see everyone again. One teacher asked where I have been, and I said pneumonia and he shouted, YOU HAVE EBOLA! Haha yeah, let's stick with that to make it sound worst.

After work my family and I went to Benihanas to celebrate my 21st birthday!


Selfies are always a must. (Especially with my fav selfie buddy)


Thanks for the selfie DJ. 







Tuesday. 

Birthdays are always destined to be a good day, especially when you have good people in your life. 

My morning started with waffles and being sung to with lovely morning voices and squinty eyes. :) 
At work everyone kept shouting "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS LAUREN"!! One of the students didn't quite understand how birthdays worked though. After lunch he said, how was your birthday. Haha. 

I only have a 30 minute lunch, but my fan club drove all the way to Glendale to bring me lunch (which ended up giving 2/3rds of everyone food poisoning). 


They were so sweet/cute and brought flowers and a card! 


In the next class, the student I interpret for turned her back to me and signed "secret/surprise for lauren" to another student. HAHA! I still interpreted it for the student but my student thought she was so sneaky. It was cute. They ended up surprising me with cookies and a card. 


As soon as I got off work, I drove to AZ Mills and met up with Kel, Sher, Tiff and Vanita to shop! I had some great finds at Express, Forever 21, and H and M! I had to leave a little bit earlier to eat dinner with my family. My grandparents, Aunt Janice and Uncle Larry all came to celebrate. We ate at home since the kids had a tennis match and many other things that night. They all went around the table and said something they love about me, and then I opened up gifts and blew out candles. 



I apparently have 6 boyfriends. 


Then died of a coughing attack. #sickprobs 





From my parents I got the two things I asked for; real pearl earrings and money. 

It was a pretty chill birthday. 
I received so many sweet texts, Facebook posts, tweets, and cards. 
I definitely felt loved all day. 



Wednesday. 

I went to work again but felt the most sick I have felt through this pneumonia. As soon as I got home, I put on pjs and slept for 3 hours. That is pretty big because I never take naps. Then I read Insurgent (so freakin good), and watched some parks and rec. 

I ended up sleeping 10 more hours that night. 


Thursday. 

I am feeling a little better but I'm going back to the doctor for more medicine. Lets hope I'm feeling better tomorrow so I can go on the ward retreat. PLUS IT'S SPECIAL OLYMPICS AT SCHOOL! I've seriously been looking forward to that for 2 months. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top