April 11, 2015

Good news, I am finally all better and life is becoming fun again! I have a lot to relay, so I'll use a list- my favorite.

1. SPECIAL OLYMPICS. It may be one of my new favorite things. The kids have so much joy receiving their medals and even more joy when their friends succeed. They just have the kindest hearts. Plus it is so sweet seeing them try to run. I got to go since the student I interpret for is in a special education class. They all went over to a school in the Glendale District on Good Friday to participate. Be still my heart. If you see me, ask me to show you how this cute down syndrome boy ran. So freakin cute.

2. Cinderella. I went and saw it with Kel and Sheridan a few weeks ago. It was seriously so good. It had a great message (everyone knows about the trending #bekindandhavecourage). I loved it because it reminded us how we should be living. Especially since there is usually a message of being tough and rude.


Dont mind how gross I look. We went after I did baptisms. 


3. General Conference. It hit right at home. It brought so much peace and hope. It was perfect. All of my questions and concerned were addressed and all the hymns seemed to be just for me. 

4. I decided I'm going to move out again!! I started looking up housing options all over the valley, but I felt like I should stay in my ward right now (probably for my calling). A girl's name came into my head, so I contacted her and sure enough she was praying to figure out a way to get out of her lease. I will move in July. It's a really nice arrangement and the party neighborhood for my ward! I'm sure I'll still go to my parents all the time, but I thrive off independence, so it will be good for me! 

5. Vanita moved to Philadelphia! She is nannying there for at least a year. She gets to play with the cutest twin baby girls everyday and live the high life. I'm so excited for her! The week before she left we were busy little bees trying to get her ready. She sold her car, and luckily I have my own rental car now, so as soon as I got off work, we went to town! There was some fun in there too! We ate out a few times, got haircuts (I almost chopped all my hair off), and had a huge get together with a bunch of girls. We went to Oreganos to say goodbye to Vanita and Tiff, who left for Utah the following day! 


After dinner, we drove to the sprinkles ATM for one last cupcake before she left! Sweets are our favorite. 





Shoutout to Alie for coming along to be our photographer. :)
I already miss Queen V, but she is in for a real treat! She's going to love it! 

6. I went and saw "The Longest Ride" with a group of girls tonight. It was SO GOOD. Probably my second favorite Nicolas Sparks movies (first is A Walk to Remember). There was an unnecessary sex scene but the story line was so precious. 

7. Best for last/reward for getting through it...I GET TO NANNY IN PHILLY FOR A MONTH IN THE SUMMER!!!! The family I will be working with is BFFs with Vanita's nanny family. If you are worried about my safety like my father was- it isn't a random family we found on craigslist. Two girls from my stake went and worked with the two families last year and loved them! I will go the end of May-July 3rd. Then my family may pick me up and tour back east for a week or so. I will be taking care of a 7 month old and 3 year old girl. But since it's summer the little girl will be in camps all day, so I really just get to play with the baby all day. I'm so excited!!!! It's going to be fun to join Vanita for a few weeks!!! 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top