April 26, 2015

I'm going to be straight with y'all. Vanita moving was hard. I am so excited for her to get to move away and experience a new adventure. But I miss having my partner in crime. She was "my person" as grey's anatomy would say. But, my other dear friend, Sheridan is home now. That was perfect timing and I love having her home. She has always been my partner in crime too. Okay I guess I have a few of those really. Haha. Anyway, I'm finally getting used to having a long distance relationship with Vanita. Change is just hard.


I don't have a ton of things to report. 

1. The kids tennis season is over. It's going to be weird not going to their games right after work. It's become a part of my routine/schedule. 

2. Sher and I went to Brother Jane's institute class one week. It was so good like always. It was about marriage and I learned so many valuable things and I was able to use it all in my "sunday school dating class". Good news: The first round (4 weeks) of the dating class is finished! Only one more round to go! 

3. The students took the AZ Merit Test. It was the absolute worst. I had to interpret the whole thing and I think administering the test may have been harder than taking it. The math test was far above what she is capable of, so she didn't even try. It was kind of frustrating/sad to watch. There were 2 positives to the testing week. A) While the teacher was giving the tests to the other students in the back room, we got to watch movies. Which meant I just read. Side note- I am reading the Divergent series. I'm on the last book and I love it! B) We had a half day. They gave us an hour lunch, so I went to Olive Garden with some of the teachers. It was fun to talk as adults. Then I stayed for one more hour and got paid to do nothing. 

4. There were so many weddings these past 2 weekends, but I only made it to one- Jodi Jarvis'. 


My little BFFS. Al bal, and her friend, Jade. 

5. I've been hanging out with my Gilbert friends again. We typically have game nights and play the same games, but I never get sick of it! Last week we switched it up a bit and went out to eat to celebrate Makayla's birthday! The only bummer is that I can't stay super late because I have to work in the mornings. Then once I finally can sleep in (summer), half the group will be off doing summer sales.  


6. I got to stay after school to interpret the school play "The Cat in the Hat: Seussical". It was fun and I actually enjoyed staying after school! 

7. One of Sheridan's favorite places is the Sugar Bowl, so of course it was on our list of things to do now that she is home! Ashley, and Melissa joined us for a little trip to Scottsdale! It was even better than I remembered and it was nice talking with all the girls! 



8. I took a trip to Tucson last weekend. I went to the "Old Tucson" regional activity! I didn't see as many people as I hoped but it was still a good time! I woke up sore the next day, so I still danced hard I guess.

Saturday Steph and I went shopping. I probably spent too much, but I really love Tucson Mall Forever 21. After our shopping trip, I met up with Ellen and Alex, for lunch. It was fun to hear about everyone in the interpreting program and their post-grad plans! 


I really love Tucson. I can't decide if it's because of the memories/growth that I've had there or if I genuinely just love the place. Regardless, it never fails to make me happy. 

9. I drove home Saturday evening and drove straight to the Theaters to meet Kel, Sarah and Sheridan to see "The Age of Adaline". I ended up really liking it! It was cute and classy. Blake Lively is too perfect though. Every girl should want to be kind and wise like her. 


This was a pretty boring post. My life is pretty routine right now, with a little fun every once in awhile. But Alie's birthday is this week!! So it's destined to be good! 



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top