3/10/2018

There's so much I could say about the wedding day. I'll do my best to relay it all.

Starting with the night before...

We had the wedding dinner the day before. From being in a few weddings of my friends, I liked this best, as opposed to a luncheon the day of. His mom hired someone to decorate and it was BEAUTIFUL.


Our cute sweetheart table. 
Our matching shirts were intentional. 
I picked out his shirt the night before...

We had a sweet program following dinner. 
Our families both gave survival kits; talking about our quirks. 
I cried through the whole thing. 
My "words of affirmation heart" was so full. 

It took us a long time to leave the church
but my heart was SO HAPPY. 
I was hyped up. I could not stop raving the whole drive home
(poor steven). It made me so excited for the wedding. 



Bonus picture of Conrad feat Grandpa Stahle



We went to my house, checked out the venue (was stressed about some things not in place), had some visitors and then we went to our respective hotels.

**My grandpa from Utah didn't want to stay in a hotel. So Al and I slept there instead. 
Steven lives an hour away, so his family stayed in a hotel for the weekend. 

That night, Morgan came over to the hotel to chat with us. 
It was so fun to be together again. 
Plus all the marriage talk gave me all the butterflies. 
She left after 2 hours and Alie and I continued to talk another hour and a half. 

I couldn't sleep. 
I fell asleep around 3. Woke up at 5 and then stayed awake at 6:45. So lots of sleep. 

I forced myself to eat something (free hotel breakfast) while Alie was in the shower. 
Then headed to my parents. 

My dad gave me a father's blessing. 
It was beautiful, emotional and so special. 
Perfect start to the day. 

The rest of the day I was SO ANTSY 
AND EXCITED
AND FULL OF BUTTERFLIES. 


Val came over and made me feel beautiful. 
Shoutout to Kel for the bride shirt. 




I was ready with time to spare (perk of a later sealing). 


My mom and I got there pretty early. We sat in the parking lot for a bit and I reminisced on my experiences in the temple. I felt so grateful I was able to go through beforehand (highly recommend), so the temple was a familiar place. I was so grateful that I had seen a few sealings so I kinda knew what to expect. 
(I have to know everything in new situations). 




Steven and I walked up at the same time. 
We were so excited. 

We had to wait a few times in the temple, I always asked what time it was. 
I wanted to know how much longer til 12 :) :) :)

We both got dressed but I had to wait for my escort to come since they were having a shift change.
We had to wait a good 10 minutes and Steven thought I was getting cold feet. Poor guy. 


We were so lucky to have my grandpa seal us. It was so sweet and perfect. The room was full of so many people so dear to us. I loved looking around and seeing everyone who came to support us. It was all so special. A few years ago, I went to my BFF Sheridan's wedding. She (and her spouse) were SO CONFIDENT in getting married. Zero fears, zero doubts.  Just all in. That became my goal. To find a guy that I can confidently marry and of course have it equally reciprocated. Well I found him in Steven. I had zero reservations. Just excitement.



At 12:08, we were husband and wife. (shoutout to my sister for looking at the time).



Walking out and seeing our loved ones was so fun. I went straight for Alie and then Nate (my 2 siblings that are not yet endowed).

Then began all the pictures.. luckily we saved the bridal party pictures for later. It was nice not having all of them at the same time.
It started to lightly sprinkle for a second but I prayed real hard and the rain stopped. Pictures with family was actually pretty fun (minus holding my huge bouquet the whole time). We had a lot of inside jokes made and many laughs.

We finished right on time (with my mental schedule lolz) and headed to my parents to get some pizza. Following, Steven and I got some much needed soda from soda shop and they were super hyped for us!

Then the bad hit....IT RAINED. HARD. My dad quickly set up tables and chairs at the table just in case the rain didn't let up. I jokingly, not so jokingly said if it rains during the reception, we will just leave early. Everyone was so hard at work, putting up tents and drying off tables so the florist could finish setting up her stuff. It was pretty chaotic. Thankfully, the rain stopped (thanks to many prayers).

We were able to get our bridal pictures done even considering people showed up a half hour early...

I think my expectations for the reception were a little off. It wasn't as fun as I anticipated. I think I thought i'd get to interact more than I actually did. The 5 minute dancing was fun, but everything else was pretty crazy. We should have probably had the reception go even longer since the line took so long.

Shoutout to the DJ for keeping things rolling and going, and shoutout to our photographer, Kim Skinner and videographer, Lex.photoandfilm for taking care of us. They made sure we were hydrated the whole night!

It was still a good night, but I think by the end I was just SO READY to leave (and not just for the reasons one would assume).


When we drove off as bride and groom, we turned straight onto the next street and took off the streamers since Steven couldn't really see. Then we drove straight to a drive through car wash since Alie told us they opened glowsticks on the car. While in the drive through, we realized we weren't given enough food, so we drove straight to Chick Fil A (our first date place).

Finding the hotel was also a mess, so we probably didn't actually get there until like 11. Happy Wedding. Lolz.

I'll go into our perfect honeymoon on my next blogpost. PLUS a stream of pictures once I get them all back!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top