Bishop Stahle

Last Monday I woke up sick, and feeling awful. I texted me supervisor, hoping she could find a sub for A Hour. I also had to wait for her to respond, then we were going back and forth. Once we got it all squared away, I was ready to go back to sleep.


Then my dad calls and tells me he is getting called to be the Bishop this upcoming Sunday and would love for me to come to their ward. WHAT??? He's going to do a great job! He has always been so close to the spirit and such great insight on life. But wow! What a calling. Then he added that the Lotts (my sister and her fam) are flying in town on Saturday!!! So now we are all happy except for him. Haha. 


So I'll just skip to this weekend...

Idk why I had it in my head that I would want to wake up early on Saturday (especially after staying out til 2). But I got up early and met my friend Elise at the temple. It was worth it, but of course I was just dragging the remainder of the day. 

A little after I got to my parent's house, the Lotts and my grandpa Stahle arrived. It was a big deal my grandpa came because he rarely comes, and he likes to be close to my grandma's care unit. That was a big sacrifice for him to come. 

Morgan and Payson went on a date to see the new Bourne Movie which meant we got to play with Conrad. Unfortuantely, he wasn't warmed up to us yet, so he was not a happy camper. 













That evening Taylor and his dad were in a performance called Cinematic Pop. The composer is a mormon legend- Rob Gardner. He composed "the Lamb of God" and recently they were on America's Got Talent. This concert was exactly what it sounds like, pop music with a twist. Every song had these amazing soloist, and they were backed with an orchestra and choir. It was my kind of concert. 

Funny story... My mom, grandma and aunt sat like 10 chairs down from us, and then Alie and I sat next to Taylor's family. My mom came over to meet the Tenneys but stopped to talk to the family on the other side of us. We assumed she knew them, then quickly realized she thought they were Taylor's family.  HAHAHAHA. Wrong family mom. It was so funny. We were cracking up. 





Sunday was an emotional day for the Stahle Family. My dad's favorite sister flew into town and surprised him. Of course that started the tears. Then the rest of the church meeting the tears just kept coming. Both my parents are so prepared and selfless. They will take on their role with grace and perfection. :) 

When he was getting set apart, i realized i really missed DJ. All my other people were there (the Lotts, and Taylor) but DJ was missing. Typically when I'm with my family, it doesn't feel complete because Taylor isn't there or Morgan isn't there. Bu this time, we were all together except my David. It was really sad. 


PS one more funny story.. On Monday we had a family talk about concerns, impressions, etc with my dad's new calling. At one point I teased alie that for the first time EVER her interviews will be solely about her. They won't talk about how great her parents are (i had the same experience growing up). 
Then my mom said, but Alie do you know why they always talk about us? Alie says, "I honesly have no idea why". It was so funny. Straight dissing my parents. Maybe one of those, "you had to be there". But it was funny! 

**My mom's point was that we are lucky we have a family and that both parents are still together and active. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top