August 1st, 2016

July 17th-23rd

This week mostly consisted of me being sick and a bum. I do enjoy the art of doing nothing, but I was also ready to get back to work by the end of the week.


Wednesday

Remember Taylor's sister that moved into a new house?? Well now it was time to paint, so they had a "painting party"! Taylor's family are all pros because that is a part of their everyday work. So I was doing the "kid jobs". Hahaha.






Thursday


I went to the temple with a friend, then met up with some others for dinner at Kneaders. I have a confession...I don't like Kneaders. I have given it a try 3 times, and I just never leave impressed. EXCEPT FOR THE DESSERTS, THOSE ARE HEAVENLY. But the food doesn't do it for me. Maybe I'm a soup, salad, sandwich snob? Maybe I like my paradise bakery and zuppas too much?

We all ended up staying and chatting at Kneaders for 2 hours. Haha. When we finally left, Taylor said he still needed to workout, so I ran (drove) home and changed then met back up at his house. He of course ran and I rode a bike. It's "our thing" now I guess. We actually ended up running into some of his friends playing Pokemongo at discovery park. Lolz.


Friday


My dad's team went to "feed my starving children" for a "service project". I had never been, so I was pumped! It was so fun! People have been posting about going for months and I was a little leery about serving kids to sad kids. But I eventually learned that we are just packaging the food. I don't think my heart could take seeing the kids in real life.








Later that evening, I met up with Taylor. I've been needing new glasses for like 2 years, and he loves glasses, so I figured I'd have him help me out. I wasn't 100% on any pair, so we left, deciding to try another costco the following day. 


Saturday 

I convinced my mom and Nate to come too. I never realized I was so picky until I was turning down half the glasses I was being handed. I eventually sent the boys off to get a treat so I could continue trying on our top 4 glasses. I ended up deciding on the glasses Taylor and I liked the night before. Haha. But now I know i really like them. 


That evening, my parents went on a date, so i offered to drive Nate and his friends to the movies. Once they were all squared away, Taylor and I went out to dinner, then hung out at my parent's house.



Sunday 

I got ready at my parent's house the day before, and accidentally left my makeup and curling iron there. Luckily, I start my sundays interpreting at my family's ward building, so it wasn't a hassle to just get ready there again. 

While I was getting ready, I heard Alie scream from the shower. When she finally came out, she showed me these black spots she had on her feet. They wouldn't come off when she scrubbed so she was freaking out. She just got back from California the day before, so we figured it was from walking around disneyland or the beach. She was freaking out.

She went to the doctor to make sure she was okay, and the doctor blew it off as dye from her shoes. Story to be continued...


The rest of interpreting/my own church was good. I was the odd ball out. All my typical church friends had their S.O. there. 


Right when church was over, I sped over to a fireside to hear Taylor sing. He was asked to get a group of 3 other guys to do a musical number in spanish. As I was driving over, I realized, DUH, the whole fireside is going to be in spanish. Good thing I have a spanish vocabulary of 20 words. 


The boys sounded great, and I distracted Taylor enough that I made it through the one and half hour fireside. 


We went to my house for dinner, then went to his to watch a movie with some people in his ward. We watched "Saving Mr Banks". I had seen it in the theaters but didn't really like it. For some reason, I liked it a lot more this time around. 



Our goodbye was a little extra dragged out since I was leaving for Utah for the week. Which meant I stayed up extra late because I still had to do some laundry, pack, and drive over to my parents. #worthit




Monday

My mom, Alison, Nate and aunt Janice all decided to drive up to Utah for a cousin's wedding/to visit all of the Luke family in Utah. I had no desire to go since I didn't want to do sit around and talk the whole week. But Saturday I found out the kids weren't visiting everyone and mostly hanging out with Morgan/Conrad, so i decided to come. 

We drove the 12 hours, which I am now a pro at after doing it a million times. 
I opted to drive after lunch because A- my aunt turned the music waaaaay down when she drove, so we couldn't hear it. B- I like driving on the curves so I don't feel so sick. 
So I drove for a few hours, with Al in shot gun, just jamming. 

I think we pushed my aunt over the edge because when it was her turn again, she turned off the music. Lolz. 

We made it in town around 8 (utah time). By the time we were ready to get food, it was a little before 9. We got to paradise 3 minutes before closing, but we felt bad so we walked over to jimmy johns. Which #blessed, they were giving away bread that they were going to throw away. 
Naturally, after we got our food, we stopped at swig so we would be stocked up on sugar cookies for the week, plus to get our soda fix. 

Once we got back, we caught the end of the bachelorette while eating, then went swimming. One perk of going swimming at 10:30 is you have it to yourself! 



Tuesday 

The plan was to babysit Conrad so Morgan and Payson could go to a doctor's appt, then again in the evening so they could go on a date. 

Instead my mom ended up being at the doctors with the kids all day. I'll spare you some details on Nathans visit... 

While Nate was at the doctor, we found out that 4 other people on the California trip had THE SAME BLACK SPOTS ON THEIR FEET. Weird huh. So now we were convinced the doctor was dumb and didn't know what he was talking about. So my mom took alie back to the doctor and he still didn't really know what it was. Just what Alie wanted to hear (not). 


So I still spent the day at Morgan's house, just hanging out and helping with dinner. 

Around 8 everyone was back together and we ate with my grandparents and aunt. 

As soon as we were done eating, we took a trip to Fiiz to "reward"/compensate for the crazy day. 



Then the kids went swimming and I worked out at the hotel gym. 



Wednesday 

I have never done a "live temple session", so I was hoping we could make it happen this time while in Salt Lake. My grandpa, aunt and Morgan all agreed we should go, so the 4 of us went to the Salt Lake Temple. It was quite the journey getting there- my grandpa is a little bit of a crazy driver. But we made it in one piece and on time. 

I recommend everyone going and seeing the live session. I was a little bit nervous at first, but it was actually really cool and I learned so many new things. 





We met up with everyone for lunch and got our traditional Pace's Dairy Ann. 

We stopped at Morgan's for a bit, then explored temple square with my grandpa. 
(He didn't want to spend the whole day socializing with distant cousins, 
so he suggested we go somewhere. We of course agreed). 


Couldn't let me have my 2 seconds...




The kids had never seen the Utah Capitol building, so I suggested we go there first 
(especially since i've explored temple square at least once every summer). 


Nate dreams of being a lawyer, so it was fitting that he had his picture in front of the "supreme court" 



My grandpa is so smart and knows so many facts. Literally every display, he had some knowledge to share. It was fun walking around temple square/the capitol with him. 


We had to be back by 5 to babysit so Morgan and Payson could go on a date. 
We grabbed pei wei first. 
Then the lovers left. 
It was his "cranky time" but we did great. 
We kept him awake, gave him a bath, and then morgan and payson came home. 
2 hours was their max. 


We headed to the hotel early, with the intention of going to bed early, 
but that of course didn't happen. 

I worked out, the kids swam, then we hung out around the hotel. My mom got back with the car 7 minutes before Swig closed. We ran out of that hotel room so fast and drove as fast as we could! We made it with 3 minutes to spare. 

All while talking on the phone with Taylor...He's patient. Haha. 



Thursday 


My "first cousin once removed" got married- the main reason we all came up to Utah. All the adults went to the sealing but I stayed back with the kids at Morgans. 

Although in reality, it always means we slept in til 11 and then got ready and headed over to Morgans. 



We picked up Payson around 5, and then kept driving to Provo for the open house (they are having the actual reception in Idaho next week). 

Conrad was supposed to nap, but we all couldn't stop touching him/looking at him. 
He eventually became fussy because he was hungry. 
Morgan eventually gave in and let us give him a bottle. 







Extra grateful for Conrad because we only had to stay at the open house for an hour. 
He needed to get home so he could bathe and go to sleep. 

The drive home was rough. 
He cried/screamed the whole way. As soon as we took him out of his car seat, he was calm. 
We think maybe he was buckled too tight??

I'm sure you all care to hear every detail of Conrad.. And see a million pictures. 


That evening, Alie, Nate, my cousin Natalie, and I all went to see the new Bourne movie. 
My cousin is attending BYU and planned to stay the night at our hotel Thursday evening, so it worked out perfectly. 
The movie was INTENSE. 
I'm excited to see it again. 
Jason Bourne is the new "Chuck Norris". 


The movie wasn't super long, so we got home around 12:30, then stayed up til 2 talking. 


Friday



 Our last full day, so we met up with everyone for lunch. We went to Sizzler (my dad's favorite).

I can't remember what we did next. I think we went to Morgan's until they had to leave for Idaho.



That evening, mom, Alie, Nate and I drove to a town outside of Provo for another open house. It was more an ice cream social. When we arrived, they told Nate there was a kid his age downstairs. So alie and I went with him so he would actually go. The kids down there were INSANE. At first they were scared of us, then they showed us "magic" then tried to hide all our stuff.

We didn't last very long downstairs.

The drive back made up for it by jamming to our music.

I planned to go to sleep early since we were leaving the next morning. I plugged my phone in but left the sound on so I would hear when Taylor responded (he was seeing the Bourne movie with his family).

Sure enough, when he answered, I jumped out of bed and was up an extra hour and a half.
Holler at that 3 hours of sleep!!



Saturday

The drive down was so much faster! Leaving early makes all the difference.
We left early partly so I could pick up my new glasses. The kids were mad until I suggested they get pizza. Then everyone was content.

I got ready real fast so I could meet up with Taylor.

We semi studied for his realtor's license, watched nacho libre, went on a walk, and stayed up too late talking and catching up after a long week!



Sunday

Alie received her young woman's medallion (she can finally get her license)!!!! I was supposed to interpret, but 10 minutes before church started, he cancelled. I still decided to go and see Al get recognized.

Apparently every week my family steals the baby that sits in front of them. I only paid attention about 5% of sacrament meeting thanks to the cute 1 year old. She was such a happy girl.


After I met up with Taylor for church. We went to my ward to hear Sarah speak (she rocked it) then rushed over to his ward for the last 2 hours. I've said this before but I love church PDA.

2nd hour was combined so that was nice! Then 3rd hour (the "family relationship class" aka marriage prep) we had a good discussion about communication.

We were kinda matching so of course we had to take a picture.





Around 6 we headed over to his sister's house for dinner. 
I hadn't seen them all in awhile, so it did my heart good. 
I love his nephews and niece. 


We didn't stay super long though because all my cousins were at my parents. 
We decided to stop by but I failed to mention it was EVERYONE. He thought it was just a few of them. Oops. He did great though meeting so many people at once. 



CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so like I'm totally honored that I made it on to your blog. :) Pictures & everything! I had forgotten that you said you blog. Glad I was checking my stats & saw I had a referral from laurenshappenings..... :) Although, I seriously cannot believe you don't like Kneader's! What on earth! How can you like Paradise & Zuppa's, but not Kneader's? Strange, strange, strange. J/K :) And also, your nephew is darling. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny my blog came up as a referral :) My blog started as a way for my family to know my life while I was away at school. So to anyone else, it's probably a boring read. Haha. As for Kneaders, I think I just have to find something I like. I just haven't fell in love with anything yet.

      You're so cute! Thanks for the little surprise!

      Delete

Back
to top