Morgan and Conrad stayed for a week, so Tuesday-Saturday, I spent a lot of time at my parent's house. Oh and we indulged on all of our favorite mexican food since Morgan was in town.
I was a little worried about everyone fighting over Conrad, but it definitely worked in my favor. I worked during the day, then when I came home, it was my turn til I left to hang out with Taylor.
A few highlights of the week featuring Morgan/Conrad...
Tuesday the girls wanted to go shopping but it was time for Conrad to nap. So I graciously volunteered to stay. He fell asleep on my chest and that was probably the highlight of the month. Haha.
Hate this picture of me, but love it of baby C.
Wednesday everyone went to mutual so I was Morgan's little helper. Plus we got one on one time to chat and catch up. It was nice.
Oh and Al, Morgan and I got our nails done on Wednesday. It's been like 6 months since I've had my nails painted. I pretty much just stare at them all day.
Saturday my mom threw Morgan another baby shower. It was kinda fun having a "post-birth" shower so everyone could see and meet Conrad.
Highlights feat Taylor...
Thursday we doubled with his RM brother on his first date. I was super impressed with how normal he was. We went to a park and played frisbee golf/disc golf. The other girl and I were at about the same skill, so it evened things out when we played on teams. It was actually a lot of fun. Although I would never play for real with people that wanted to win.
After our little game, we went to sonic then back to their house to play some more games. Taylor and I smoked them both times ;)
Saturday I ate more food than I probably have in my whole life.
First I ate a a burrito, then brunch at Morgan's shower, then sushi from a sushi buffet, then more food at a bridal shower, then mexican food. They were all too close together. I have never felt so gross in my life.
That evening Taylor and I stopped by some party with my ward friends. Then we went to a huge "YSA" party. We mostly just danced while Heber (Taylor's brother) scoped out the girls. He is seriously a baller, every 5 minutes he'd be talking to a new girl.
Sunday
I had a meeting before church BUT they fed us seriously the best paninis ever. Then I ran to my parents to say goodbye to Morgan and Conrad. Then ran back to my house to meet Taylor for church. He came to my ward this week. Going to church with him is on my list of my top ten favorite things.
Later that evening, Taylor, Sarah, Brigham and I went to Kels to play some games. The boys killed us the first game and Sarah whooped us all the second.
July 11th-17th
I have wanted to get back into dancing since graduating from UofA. That is now almost 2 years ago. Sarah talked me into going to a dance class with her. I finally got up the courage to go again, and was ready to leave my house. Then I got a text saying the class was randomly cancelled. LOLZ. Of course.
On Tuesday Taylor and I went on an adventure around Mesa, feat bikes.
I have wanted to get back into dancing since graduating from UofA. That is now almost 2 years ago. Sarah talked me into going to a dance class with her. I finally got up the courage to go again, and was ready to leave my house. Then I got a text saying the class was randomly cancelled. LOLZ. Of course.
On Tuesday Taylor and I went on an adventure around Mesa, feat bikes.
Also shoutout to Taylor for pumping up my bike tires.
Thursday
My dad has a "team" at work which consists of 3 girl "assistants" (Client Associates), and 2 other financial advisors. Well whenever it is someone's birthday on the team, we get BJS take out for lunch, and someone bakes a cake.
So we scored and got both. I like to call myself the intern and volunteer for jobs no one else likes to do, like picking up lunch (which I actually love).
I left right after lunch to go help Taylor's sister unpack her house. She put me in charge of organizing all the kids clothes and helping them get rid of clothes that were worn out/old. It was fun hanging out with the boys and chatting with Debra Jo. Taylor eventually came over and helped/distracted us.
Later that night we treated ourselves to DQ, and hungout at his parents house.
Friday
When Taylor and I met, he told me he had never been to a concert. I then looked online and saw that his fav group, Rascal Flatts were coming to Glendale in the summer! I hoped we'd be dating by then so we could go. Sure enough, things have worked out and we went! His brother, Heber also tagged along with a date.
We made it there plenty early to set up our blanket and hangout til it started. Luckily we found some shade and it was windy, so we didn't die in the 115 degree weather.
Before the concert, we played some games, bought a shirt, and took a few pictures.
Chris Lane opened and he rocked the house!! The highlight was his 90's throwback to the backstreet boys and N'Sync. He was so fun!!
Then Kelsea Ballerini came on the stage and spoke to every girl's heart.
Around 9:30 Rascal Flatts hit the stage.
They opened with "Summer Nights" which could not be more perfect.
We were all dancing and high on life.
After the second song, Taylor said he was feeling AWFUL.
Like he was going to throw up.
He was a trooper and said we should stay for a bit since they just barely came on stage.
We heard all of our favs, then Taylor and I went down towards the bathrooms just in case.
Poor guy felt miserable.
I said he would fit right in if he threw up right next to all the other drunkies. Haha.
We pretty much heard the whole concert by the time we left.
Although it took 40 minutes to just get out of the parking lot.
It was an intense drive, trying to go as fast as I could so he could make it home before he threw up.
Luckily we made it, and then the rest of the night was pretty miserable for him. :(
I was starving by this point, so I treated myself to In-n-Out (at midnight). I think the worker pitied me a little, he thought I was having a rough night since I was alone and coming so late.
Saturday
Taylor, Heber and I were supposed to paint his sister's house, but that didn't happen since Taylor was feeling so miserable. Instead we spent the day at his parent's. We lounged around the couch and watched movies. Then his sister and her kids came over. They had to deal with stuff with their loan so they left their kids with us (once again, Taylor is a trooper). The baby was sick, but him and Taylor took a nap on the couch.
Later that evening, Taylor was back to himself, and wanted a cheeseburger, so we got just that. Haha.
I loved taking care of him during the day. It did my heart good.
Sunday
Heber finally had his homecoming talk. He rocked it.
The perfect mix of scripture, stories, testimony, etc.
They had a brunch at their house afterwards.
I wasn't super social because I was started to feel kinda sick. Fun huh.
Taylor and I decided to go to our own individual wards just in case I needed to leave early.
The AC in my church building was broken, so that definitely did NOT help.
I ended up leaving early and crashed on my parents couch.







0 comments:
Post a Comment