I don't have my planner with me, so I don't really remember much. Any happening that is detailed is from writing it previously.
1. The boys went to scout camp so they are MIA all week! Naturally, mom, Al and I decided to have a GNO (Alie wanted to get our nails done too but I had to take a rain check until I'm done interpreting for the summer). Everyone was super indecisive about where to eat dinner, but we finally decided on BJs. It was good, as always. They got us in so fast, that we had a ton of time before our movie started. So naturally we ended up at Target and spent more than we should have. Then we went to the movies and stuffed ourselves even more.
I bet you can guess what movie we saw...Me Before You. People are all worked up over it and mad about it, but I actually loved it. The main girl is so quirky and I just love her. Also the cinematography was unique and on point.
Right before it started, we placed bets on who would cry. I think only mom actually cried. Haha.
After a debate in the car about the movie, we had a little dance party. Then Alie SHOUTED that she had the best idea ever...the three of us make up a dance and post it. She's crazy. We never even chose a song, but don't worry, it's happening.
Taylor and I decided we should give ourselves a curfew during the weekdays because neither of us are getting any sleep. It's both the worst and best thing ever. Although I said if we aren't feeling more rested after a week, we are ditching that idea.
Anyway, by the time I got home, it was too late to meet up, so instead I did a workout (which was MUCH needed after an awful cheat day).
2. The second week of summer school, my student took an extra liking to me. She told me about 4 times a day that she loved me and often adds, "you're so pretty". Maybe she just needed a break from me? Haha.
3. Taylor introduced me to a new game. Its called Texas...somethin...42. I got lucky and won the first time and he smoked me the second. I love playing games with Taylor because we are pretty equally competitive.
We have a constant game of "words with friends" and "trivia crack" going so it's a constant battle.
4. One night Taylor and I decided to go on a night hike. He took it a step further and said we should watch the sunset too. So we met up a little bit earlier and drove out to San Tan Mountain. Well pretty soon, the sun was setting and we still couldn't find the entrance. We eventually ditched the idea and drove back to Gilbert. We both still wanted to get a workout in. His dad suggested I run with him...Ya right! Instead we compromised. He ran and I rode a bike (it was a bit too tall, so I'm sure I looked goofy). We rode/ran to Discovery Park, raced up the hills and then headed back.
A. His dad is CRAZY for thinking I could keep up with him. I am in the best "cardio shape" I've ever been in, but there's no way I could even stay within eye distance. His "distance pace" would be like my sprint. No joke. Freakin forest gump. I had to actually pedal hard to keep up.
B. Working out releases those happy endorphins, plus being with your S.O. already is happy land. So a mix of the both, we were just on fire.
It was a good night.
5. My ward hosted a lake trip, so of course Taylor and I jumped on that train! I always say that there are only two reasons I will wake up that early; the lake and a hike. It definitely did not disappoint. We met up at a leaders house at 5 (most of the ward camped out the night before), then stayed on their boat the first half of the day. We learned how to wake surf. I was proud/content just getting up!
We only went tubbing for a little, then we drove into the campsite. I think we were supposed to eat, but we ended up jumping on a boat to wakeboard. Luckily we brought a backpack full of snacks because that was our only food all day. We didn't leave til 2ish, and so I didn't eat til 3. Then we hurried and got ready for the stake variety show. Taylor was asked last minute to do the sound, and of course he said he would, even though we were both exhausted. But of course, the lake was worth being worn out.
6. Taylor's brother got home from his mission on Monday. I was kinda nervous about meeting him. A. because they are BFFs, so I needed him to like me. B. Sometimes RMs are judgmental of everyone or really awkward. But he ended up being super normal and we are already friends, so all is good.
I was kinda bummed that i wouldn't see as much of Taylor all week, but it ended up working out.
I went to lunch one day with a friend, worked a little extra, and just tagged along at all the family things.
7. Taylor has a lot of family in Heber, and I happen to have a cabin in Heber. Both of our families happen come up for the 4th. Even before we started dating, I was looking forward to being up here with him. Of course now that we are dating, it's even better.
Morgan and Payson flew down Friday night, so the stahle group didn't drive up til Saturday morning.
I decided to invite myself with the Tenney crew and drive up Friday. Taylor and I drove my car, which ended up being super nice having our own freedom. His family left significantly earlier than us, and barely beat us there.
We spent the night chasing kids, playing with puppies, eating, playing games and (semi) watching a soccer game. The time seriously went so fast, pretty soon it was midnight and time to turn in.

After the parade, my fam was finally up here. So we came to my cabin, ate, held conrad, went on a ranger ride, then parted our ways. My family went to the rodeo and his went to the Heber fireworks.
It rained the whole 40 minute drive, so we were about to turn around. It did not sound appealing to sit in the rain, and then be soaked the rest of the night. Plus we had Conrad with us. But luckily, after 3 minutes of sitting in the car, it stopped. Unfortunately, the rodeo still started an hour late because the dirt was all muddy. So they had to use their fancy trucks to make it dirt again.
I was a debbie downer a little bit. I was cold, and ready to go home. But it was still a good time.














0 comments:
Post a Comment