Monday
My student is doing summer school and I was given first pick if I wanted to interpret for her. I went back and forth, especially since I can work full time in the office, and I would like a break (mostly to sleep in). Then I found out it's only 3 weeks and half day. So I got on board. They started on Monday and it is super chill. They mostly just color and do crafts all day. Back to kindergarten.
I did both jobs for a whole semester, but now that I have more time, it's harder to do both. Especially because I finish school around lunch time, so I kinda want time to myself. So Tuesday and Wednesday I didn't go into the office, but that was also because I had a lot I needed to do.
I am the worst at going to FHE. I've probably gone 3-4 times in the 5 months I've been in my ward. Oops. This week, my ward was combined with Taylor's so I had more incentive to go ;) We ended up having a picnic at the cutest park. There were a lot of places to eat, a pond to feed the ducks/skip rocks, and a volleyball court. The highlight was racing 2 other girls up the hill with our significant other on our backs, and falling. Lolz. After FHE, Taylor and I went back to his house. We had every intention to actually go to bed early, but instead got sucked into watching a movie with his parents.
Tuesday
Summer school was whatevs.
While in summer school, I realized I had a lot to do, so I played hookie.
First I worked out, ate lunch, drove alie to her ACT practice, then pulled some weeds. It wasn't as hot as I anticipated, so thankfully I didn't die. Then I showered, cleaned my room/finished unpacking, semi caught up on the bachelorette, and started to make a HUGE playlist of songs to send to my favorite missionary (DJ). The playlist ended up carrying over to the next day too. Just so many songs to sort through and download. I better be his favorite sister for a few months ;)
Later that night, Taylor came over to my parents to play games. Alie and Taylor ganged up on me. Nate joined later and also had no pity. Next time, they will get a taste of their own medicine.
Wednesday
At the office, someone from management was using my desk so I decided not to go. Plus I needed to hurry and finish DJ's missionary music so my mom could send the package.
First I ended up going to backyard taco with Kel. I hadn't seen her in a few weeks, so it was nice to catch up. Then I worked out, finished the playlist and went grocery shopping.
Taylor's job is "property management", so basically they make houses beautiful again. There was one house he has been working on since we started talking, and they finally finished it! So we made the little drive to Queen Creek and check out the house. It is seriously dream land. So pretty.
Then we drove out to Scottsdale to another dreamy house they worked on (writing this I regret not stopping at the Sprinkles ATM).
June 12, 2016
Thursday
I finally interpreted summer school and went into the office. Someone brought in lunch (Jimmy Johns) so that was real nice.
Later that evening, Taylor, Sarah and I went to institute at MCC red mountain to hear my fav, brother Janes. Kelley also intended on going but went to the other MCC on accident. Haha oops! Our lesson was about the Book of Mormon. He did role play about typical things a nonmember would ask about the Book of Mormon.
Story time
He decided who would go up by birthdays. So the first guy went up and said he had a feeling he would get picked. Brother Janes then told a story about how he got picked at a basketball game to make a shot from half court. When he first got to the game, he sat down and told his friend he felt like he'd get picked. He said in hindsight he should have grabbed one of his cheerleader friends and dipped her and planted one on her.
After the kid in institute answered his question, he forced a girl to come to the front and he awkwardly tried to dip her while already not gracefully kissing her. It was a weird moment for all of us. #institute
I was the next person that had to go up. It occurred to me I could also dip my SO. Hahaha.
Friday
My dad offered to get me something from BJs but someone ended up bringing in Mexican and it was SO GOOD. I ate so much, I never ate dinner that night.
My stake had a temple night, so Sarah and I went together! I love Sarah and the temple, so it was good! There were so many people that we were split into 2 sessions and even then some people had to go do other ordainces. Luckily we were sitting in the 3rd row so we made it in with the first group.
As soon as I got home, I changed real quick, then met up with Taylor for a double date. I knew the boy, but not the girl. She was super cute and relatable so it was a good time. I'm not super good at bowling but I progressively got better as the night went on. I ended up only losing to Taylor by 4 points AND was in the lead for a hot minute!
Saturday
It was the laziest day I've had since moving back. It was so good. I didn't even get ready til 2ish.
Mom and the kids went up to the cabin, so I suggested dad and I go out to eat. We went to kona grill (new fam fav). It was fun to have time alone with him. After dinner, we watched a little of knight and day until I left for a reception. Taylor has a million friends so he was a "brosmaid" for one of his friends. I got there right when they were decorating the car and then caught the end of the reception. They had a TON of yummy looking food. Unfortunately, I wasn't hungry at all.
After the reception we met up with his friend that was in town. Her family is Guatemalan (Taylor served in Guatemala) and her mom made like 4 different gutatamalan dishes. I pretty much just sampled everything off Taylor's ;) It was fun to see a little piece of his mission.
Sunday
We had stake conference which was super nice going from 2:00 o o'clock church to 11:00! Plus it meant I could go with Taylor and not ditch my ward for the 4th week in a row.
They did it a little different. They had one adult speaker, a few YSAs share like a 3 minute talk, then the stake Pres closed. It was a lot easier to pay attention with the change of speakers. It was one of the best stake conferences I've been to.
Taylor and I then went back to his parents for the day. His dad is in the process of recording some music, so he showed me his recording this far. It was a rendition of a song from the forgotten carols which is bound to be good, right?
Then a friend of theirs brought over her new baby, and I was in heaven!
Later that evening, we went to a dinner that his leader invited us to. She is the cutest Japanese woman. She made like 6 dishes of different Japanese food plus pot stickers and sushi. It was SO GOOD. Japanese/Chinese food are one of my favs. She also gave us a little lesson on how you would text in Japenese. It was insane.
Taylor's dad is the bishop and is always inviting people over. It was one of the girls birthday so we had cake and watched an oldie, "lady hawk". It had a lot of funny one liners!
It was a good day spending extra time with taylor and not our usual few hours after work.

0 comments:
Post a Comment