Last week of school
1) not related to school but very relevant... The bachelorette started! There goes my Tuesday mornings ;)
2) my student had her end of the year IEP to set goals for the next year. I loved being able to see how much she progressed in one semester and brag to her mom about how great she is. Did my heart some good. Love that little girl.
3) My student has a birthday during the summer, so her "teacher of the deaf" threw her a little party during lunch time and invited me and the other interpreter. We had pizza, cupcakes and of course gifts to celebrate! I felt kinda bad later when she showed her gift to all the students and they were mad I didn't also give them something for their birthday.
4) Taylor treated me to Carrabas (his favorite and one of my new favorites). It was SOOO good. I definitely ate more than my limit. Then we drove out to the lake (the highlight was probably jamming on the drive, which felt like pure summer), then we hit golf balls into the lake.
5) the last day of school was the best and worst. They literally had free time all day, which means I have no work to do. It's nice to have a break but also boring because I'm just waiting for time to pass.
Summer
Friday
I went into the office but decided to not kill myself working all day. I only worked til I reached my normal part time hours. Then I went to the store to get some stuff for girls camp. Plus packed up what I could.
Later that night we went out to eat for his friends birthday. We went to oreganos (one of my favorites) and then saw the x-men movie. The movie was super lame but dinner was fun! His friends are so funny together.
I feel like Taylor and I did something after, but I can't remember what we did.
Saturday
I woke up earlier than I wanted to pack my backpack for the backpacking portion of camp. My dad was the real MVP and practically packed it for me and showed me some tricks for while I'm up there.
Then I had a dreadful training from 11-1 to keep my certification to work with my cousin Jayne.
The rest of my night was very "American"; baseball game and BBQ!
Every summer all the YSAs in the valley get super cheap tickets to a Dbacks game! We surprisingly won but I didn't pay attention very well. It was still a good time. We left in the 8th inning and got sodalicious. Then went back to my parents and watched a few episodes of parks and rec.
Sunday
Since Taylor and I first met, I've been wanting to attend his ward. It's just a really involved, good ward! But now that we are dating, I had even more reason to go! I love the subtle church PDA and sitting in all the classes together. It was a good time and all the girls in RS were really welcoming.
After church, we went to his sister's house for dinner. This was my first time meeting his two older sisters and all their kids. We ate and then played some games. I held my own the first game and even won some but the second game, I just made everyone else look good. One of the highlights of the night was getting his youngest nephew to like me and let me hold him :)
Later that night we stopped by a friend's game night then went back to his house. His parents like to have people in the ward over for movie nights with oldies. They didn't start til 11 though so Taylor and I checked out early.
Monday
Holler at that holiday life!
First Taylor showed me one of their houses their working on! It is seriously dream land. So pretty!
Then we met up with Sarah and Brigham to go ice skating. Turns out they are all secret Olympians and can do tricks on the ice, where I was just content getting that skating thing down. Haha.
After 2 hours around the rink, we went to cafe rio (I have since convinced Taylor to join #teamcostavida) and met up with another couple from my ward.
Taylor and I hurried home to change into our swimsuits, then met up with his sister and her kids at mesquite pool. Taylor did dive in high school and so he showed off some of his tricks. He's a little champ!
Then we split for a little so I could finish packing, freshen up and take my bag to the leaders house for girls camp.
Taylor came over to my parents for some gecko grill, and a movie night of ant man. Syd, skip this next part (I have no place to complain). We wouldn't see eachother for a whole week so we both kind of dragged on the night. Tried to make it last as long as possible.





Okay I love you and Taylor. SO CUTE. #Laylor #Tauren
ReplyDelete