September 5, 2016

Highlights...

Wednesday
Taylor decided we should go on a date, so we can have some time to ourselves. Which I am never opposed to. :) He treated me to my fave, Cafe Rio (technically Costa Vida but for convenience wise we went to Cafe Rio), then we went to Barnes and Noble and wrote notes in books. It made me channel my creative side (which is at a very small level). It ended up being really fun though. It felt like we were being so rebellious, avoiding the workers and kissing in the library ;)


Thursday
We went to institute. My nose was still a fountain, so I missed half the lesson from leaving to blow my nose. Fun stuff. After institute, his sister asked us to pick up some things from Winco. She is pregnant and on bed rest, so basically her wish is our command. Then we got back to his house and played with his nieces and nephews for a bit.


Friday

I did something I swore I would never do- I was late to work! I woke up and realized I had overslept! Luckily I live close enough to the school and got ready in the car, but I was FREAKING OUT. Not a good start.

After work, I hung out with Al and mom, which was much needed.

Taylor took me out to dinner again! We went to Carrabas this time. I forgot how good it was!
Our waiter was an Italian through and through. He gave Taylor a lot of flack. Then we drove out to the lake, but soon realized it was still an az summer and still pretty hot.


Saturday
My body is now used to getting up early, and I naturally woke up at 6 EVEN THOUGH I DIDN'T HAVE TO GET UP TIL 8. Also I didn't even fall asleep til 2ish, so I was so mad at myself. But whateves.
It was eventually time to go to the temple, so I picked up Taylor and we did a session. My year mark of going through the temple was in 2 days, so it was very sentimental. :)

Then we parted our ways and got dressed for the big game!
His extended family all bought tickets to the BYU, UofA game. I told Taylor I was still wearing my UofA shirt, even though I would be surrounded by BYU people and be sitting on their side.
We got to his uncles for a "tailgate", and he came up to me and said "what the h*** do you think you're wearing?" It made me crack up. Then we soon became friends. His other uncle actually was from Tucson, AND he has deaf parents. So even though I was completely against all of his family, we ended up being civil in the end. :)

The game was freakin intense. It was weird sitting on the opposite side. Not recommended.
UofA came SO CLOSE. If only Anu had his crap together the first half.
The game was WAAAAAY out in Glendale, so we didn't get back into town til pretty late.



We drove with his family, and it felt like we were little high schoolers sitting in the back. 






Sunday


I interpreted for a deaf guy in my family's ward, so I briefly saw my fam. It felt like I hadn't seen them in forever, so I decided I would stop by at some point that evening. 

Also that night, Taylor sang a solo in spanish at a devotional for the spanish branch. His sister accompanied him and made up an arrangement of "Praise to the Man". They are both so talented. It sounded so good (even in Spanish). 


Taylor has decided we don't take enough pictures, so now we take pictures everyday. Haha.






Monday

NO SCHOOL OR WORK. HOLLER.

I decided we should get away and go somewhere.
A few months back my aunt suggested Lockett Meadow.
I did some research and it looked BEAUTIFUL.
It didn't take much convincing for Taylor to get on board.

So we woke up at 5, and drove to Flagstaff.
The weather was D-R-E-A-M-Y.
Made me excited for fall.

The hike itself wasn't much of a hike.
Mostly a walk through beautiful trees.




I like to trick people by putting my hand on his stomach ;)



After our mini hike, we got lunch at a place called Bun Huggers. Haha. 
Then we caught up with all the other million people driving back to the valley. 
We stopped by his sister's house when we got into town to see if his family was still there,
but we barely missed em. But they still offered us food AND invited us to the soda shop. 

Taylor decided to be good and go to FHE. So I quickly freshened up 
and then we ended the day with a typical labor day BBQ .






CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top