September 18, 2016

Wednesday

Taylor and I decided he should have at least on night a week to just do homework- no distraction from me. We deemed Wednesday the evening he would have to himself, but somehow I still ended up at his house. Oops.


Thursday

My bff Elise texted me while I was at the office and asked if I wanted to go get dinner. We (Plus Madison) decided to go to Buffalo Wild Wings, which ended up not being the best decision. The NFL season started that night, and the Broncos were playing the Panthers once again. So naturally it was packed, but we sat outside and got right in!

Then I headed over to Taylor's. He was supposed to do his homework, but that only lasted about an hour. Eventually I joined in talking to his sisters and mom, and he ended up working his way into the kitchen too. By then the homework was a lost cause.

We somehow ended up staying out til 2. Mind you, I wake up at 5 everyday.


Friday

Remember how I got 3 hours of sleep?? Well #blessed, it was test day all frakin day. Which meant there was nothing to interpret and I didn't have to use my brain. PRAISE. It was also one of my student's birthday, so that made it also a fun day.

Morgan, you will be impressed to know that I DID go into the office (she called me out on ditching more than going).
After I of course crashed, but I could only take a 40 minute power nap because Taylor and I planned to go to the temple.

They were super packed, so I ended up only doing 2 names. Which also meant they got me through real fast.

After we went back to his house, talked with his family, and then planned to leave at a reasonable hour. Pretty soon we were talking to his neighbor and it was 1:00!
We were going to the lake the following day, so I knew I was back at 3 hours of sleep...

Also since we were going to the lake, I couldn't go to sleep right when I got home. I had to shave, and get snacks ready for the following day.



Saturday

4:50 came real early. It would have even if I went to sleep at 8.

A leader in Taylor's ward has a boat and said he would take us and 2 other couples. So Taylor invited his BFF, Chase and his fiance, Chloe and then I suggested our mutual friend, Todd (who brought a date).

Chase and Chloe suggested we don't tube and just wake board and surf the whole time. It actually ended up being a good idea, because we all got a little extra time to figure out our problems and become pros.

Basically everyone had a few nice falls, and all the boys had a little trick to show off.




We were on the water ALL DAY. I don't think I got home til 3:30 ish.
Naturally I slept the whole drive home.


That evening, Taylor, Alie, Nate and I took my dad's season tickets to the ASU football game. But that meant we had to be ready at 5:15ish. So there was only time for a 20 minute nap by the time I showered and was all ready.


Side note: Nate HATES ASU. When he was a little kid, his friend had a birthday party at the ASU game. Nate went to the pre-game activities and then left when they actually went to the game because he couldn't stand to be there. He was like 6, guys. That's crazy. 
Anyway, when my dad got season tickets, he acted so neglected for never going to a college football game. He said he really wanted to use one of my dad's seasons tickets. We were all shocked. 
While at the game, we realized he still wasn't cheering for ASU, he was just there for the experience. 
Silly Nate. 

Sunburned Sisters




I do secretly like ASU's "fork em" but my heart still belongs to UofA. Don't worry. 



We got to live the high life a little bit. My dad's seats are in a lounge (not box seats) which meant free food. They had free hamburgers (they were actually really good and big), plus unlimited popcorn, brownies, and unlimited SODA/drinks. It was a real treat to not drop 15 dollars on food.

The drive home, consisted of a dance party of course, and then I crashed hard.



Sunday

Side story--People always ask what got me interested in ASL/Interpreting. Well growing up, there was a deaf girl in my ward. She was different though. She could read lips, she was always so put together, her english was/is better than mine, and she was involved in dance/cheer. She was one of the first deaf students in the Mesa District to attend her neighborhood high school. She's kind of a deaf legend. ;)

I never talked to her when I was young, and when I started getting more involved in ASL, she got married and started her own family. Through social media, I've seen how brilliant she is, and so funny. Her captions are always on point.

Anyway, she is now the RS president of her (hearing) ward, and asked if I would come interpret.

Sunday was my first day and I was so nervous. Part because I've looked up to her for so long, and also because she's the president, so I have to be on point. She needs to know who said what, more exact translation so her comments/word choice are the same as the speaker, etc. It's just a lot of pressure, guys.
But I think I passed because she wants me back AND she asked if i'd interpret for the easter pageant.





I haven't been to my ward in like a month. I was feeling guilty, so I decided I should probably go to mine, here on out. It was crazy though how many new people there are! My ward is seriously a new ward. It's fun to meet new people, but I also feel guilty for not caring to get involved.


That evening Taylor and I planned to eat dinner with his parents and then hurry over to the stake center to watch the CES devotional. We decided to take our time making dinner and just watch it at the house...we soon remembered the time difference, which meant it would be on an hour earlier, so we only caught the last 20 minutes. Oh well.

His family LOVES old classic movies, and they are appalled I haven't seen any. So we spent the rest of the evening watching one of their old classics.






Monday

I realized that the only way I'll see Taybae is if I go to his fhe. So I was a good girl and went. It was actually a lot of fun. They played crab soccer and then sharks and minnows feat a tarp. For the shark game, you have one shark sneaking under the tarp, and then they pull people in by their legs. BUT you have one life guard running along trying to pull people up. Once someone goes under the tarp, they become a shark. There was a lot of head-bumping and chaos under the tarp but it was fun and exhilarating waiting to get pulled under.



Tuesday

I decided to start dancing again and now I have no idea why I stopped!!
Taylor's dad is one of the people in charge of easter pageant, so his family is always in it. I've always wanted to be in it, but never actually did it. I figured this was my window and why not go full out and try out for a 10 virgin (dancing part), even though I haven't danced in 4 and a half years. So knowing the auditions are in a month, it was the push I needed to take a class again. It did my heart good.


Wednesday

My main student I interpret for had early release-HOLLER. But I of course still have to do something til 3. So when my student left, I hopped over to the high school. I got there at the start of their lunch, so I got to chill for an hour and eat left overs from their brunch that morning (2nd lunch for me).

They had late start which meant all their classes were shorter- double holler!
The first class I "interpreted" was a computer class. I think i talked to the student more than I actually interpreted. The second class I teamed with Olivia. The students were independently working, so we literally signed/chatted the whole 40 minutes. It was so great.

That night, I was planning on meeting up with Taylor after he finished his homework around 9. I was exhausted though and fell asleep at 8:30. My body was in heaven finally beating my 5 hour, weekly average.



Thursday

There is a deaf branch in Mesa, which was super exciting when it first was established and i was a student needing deaf hours. Now I get asked at least once a month to interpret something for them. (I love interpreting, I just get a little sick of church interpreting, but this life is about sharing our skills/talents I guess). This week, it was a women's meeting about refugees. I had a team which is always a nice treat. It was extra great though because she has a lot of experience, so I learned a lot from working with her.

After I met up with Taybae of course. I have no idea what we did though. Probably chatted with his family.




Friday

A girl in taylor's ward had a birthday dinner at Red Robin. It was a pretty big group, so we couldn't really talk to everyone, but it was a good time and good food.
After we planned our trip to conference and drove to the observatory to see what they were showing. Unfortunately, it was Mars again and there was a long line, so we ditched that idea and worked out instead. We make a great team- he runs, i ride a bike, then we stop at the park and workout with the monkey bars/hills. Someday, once I master the insanity workouts, I'll make him do them with me.




Saturday

I had NO desire to get out of bed. So I didn't. I did birthday shopping online instead of going to the store, and I milked out my time before I had to get ready. I eventually made my way to my parents but still waited another 2 hours before I got ready.

Kel cut my hair- which was much needed. It feels so fresh and light now. Plus it was fun to catch up and hear about her recent trip to Hawaii.

When I got back to my parents, Taybae met up with me for Costa Vida with my fam. Then we watched the BYU football game (Arizona's game wasn't on direct tv), took a trip to Coldstone, and then watched Jack Reacher. I didn't think I was so sensitive, but it was a little too graphic for me. Tom Cruise made it more light and funny, but there was a lot of intense scenes.




Sunday

I have made it to my ward 2 weeks in a row-I'd say that's a record. ;)
I had 3 meetings scheduled and 2 fell through, so I was definitely not complaining.

After church, we went to Taylor's sister's house for her birthday dinner (which I didn't know it was her birthday until 10 minutes into the night). We could only stay an hour because we had to go back to the stake center for a fireside by a member of the 70. He had some crazy stories-what a life.


I was determined to start the week off right and go home around 10, but pretty soon it was 11:30 and I was still at Taylor's house.

Just really looking forward to October Break for that extra sleep. :)

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top