Wednesday
I only work with my dad 15 hours a week. I wanted to get all the time in before we left for Utah, and by Wednesday I only had 2 hours left. Holla! So I slept in and then went to lunch with Kelley and Jena (and baby Levi of course). We went to SoCal fish tacos in downtown Gilbert. Lunch dates are always my favorite. :)
Our flight left at 6 but naturally we had to leave for the airport super early. We somehow all got TSA pre check in, which is the best thing ever. Better than fast passes at disneyland. We landed around 9 utah time, so we just checked into our hotel. Nate and I decided to hit up the gym, which always feels good. Then around 11 we were all hungry, so we went downstairs to the main desk and got some snacks including queso, chips, and some crackers nate picked. We spent the night snacking on our treats, ice from the ice machine of course, and watching "Keeping up with the Kardashians".
Thursday
My grandma had a stroke a month ago and is in worse shape than before. So now she is in a care center. The purpose of us going to Utah was to clean out my grandparents house to help them move. It was kinda a tender mercy that my grandma isn't home because she has a hard time letting go of anything. Before we started on our work we visited my grandma. It was rough. I don't think she remembered us, and she had this terrified look in her eyes. Her appearance was also a lot different, I didn't recognize her at first.
The rest of the day was spent sorting, taking things to the trash trailer, or moving into the living room for DI. I guess my body wasn't used to doing such hard work all day. I was back to eating like my high school self. Kinda nice. :)

This is my dad in 3rd grade. his pants, hair, everything. too funny!
My grandparents are notorious for having REALLY OLD FOOD. AND STILL EATING IT.
This was in the back of their pantry.
I wish I could portray how gross and spiderweby the upstairs and downstars is. Full of mold and just yuck. We went through everything though. I'm still surprised none of us got sick. Especially staying with them weeks at a time.
Morgan and Payson came over later for Chinese. I insisted that we leave at the half time of the Arizona march madness game to get our traditional swig cookies. That was the only good thing of the night. Arizona was slaughtered. Although they did close the gap a little near the end.
Friday
Another long day of moving. We started the day with some breakfast from Village Inn (i think dad was sick of the hotel breakfast).
The rest of the day consisted of loading up the u-haul and taking loads to DI.
Late that night, in all of our grossness and glory, Alie, Mom and I went to Target to get Morgan a baby shower gift.
Alie things she is broken so she got a mobilized cart. That girl makes everything fun.
We found some face masks to give as party favors. Some of them were this terrifying black mask.
Saturday
We agreed before we left for Utah that Saturday would be for the shower and we would have plenty of time to get ready. We held our guns.. That morning we woke up super early, and took our trash trailer to the dump. Guess how much it weighed. 2.5 tons. Yikes.
As promised, we got back to the hotel, showered, napped, then hurried to get ready. Lol.
We don't usually do "baby/bridal showers" with our Stahle side, so it was fun to change things up. We went to an Italian restaurant and had the shower in a private, upstairs room. Morgan was definitely showered, but it did not end there. When we got back to her house with all her presents, we made a list of everything she still needs. She was determined to get it all done, so we spent another 2 hours at Target, spending 10 minutes on every item on the list... I was not a happy camper.

But we were rewarded with Costa Vida and ice cream. Also shoutout to Payson for getting the job he wanted (he had 2 other offers).
Sunday
My mom made my dad get a later flight so we could go to church... jokes on her, all of utah had the provo temple dedication. So we couldn't go anyway. Instead we visited my grandma one last time. Which was a good thing too because she was much more alert and responsive. :)
Then we made the small trek home. I slept the whole flight home, which was the best thing I did all day.
Monday
Dragged out, long day.
Mostly because I needed to catch back up on life- laundry, groceries, etc. At my dad's office, I can only check my email there. Being gone a few days, I didn't check it for awhile. I had some very demanding emails asking why I wasn't responding. lolz. oops.
There is no school tomorrow and the office is closed. I've been trying to work as late at the office as i possibly can to rack up those hours. I guess the problem is more hunger than anything. But it certainly makes my days longer.




0 comments:
Post a Comment