Well y'all, I have a new zip code. We will get to that in a second though...
On Saturday (my last weekend in AZ) I received my endowments!!! I was SO excited!!!
I had a hint of nervousness the night before, but I decided it was normal.
I didn't have to be at the temple until 4 pm.
We took advantage of the time with Morgan and Payson in town and we went to Sun Splash!
I only stayed an hour and a half, but it was so fun to be a kid again!
I wish I took more advantage of it last summer!!
Once my time finally came to leave, Mom and I drove to the temple.
I could feel the spirit so strong, I knew my Heavenly Father was aware and proud.
I could have cried at the drop of a hat because the spirit was so strong.
Walking up the steps, I loved how familiar the place already was and how calm I felt.
The whole temple experience was way different than I expected.
I knew a lot of things beforehand that I probably shouldn't have, but I thought I was well prepared.
Well I was wrong. I couldn't have really prepared any differently, it's just different.
I loved it though! It offers amazing blessings, and promises.
I've loved studying since and trying to understand everything even better.
I Moved to Rexburg!
I had so many sweet people that came and supported me. I loved seeing them all at the end. That was probably the absolute best part.
Sunday
I woke up sick. Typical. I was actually SUPER bummed to miss church because it was going to be my last week in CSP (and I was at my cabin the week before). Plus I was on such a spiritual high, I wanted more!
I knew I would have to get better before Wednesday so I tried to rest.
Monday and Tuesday I was still sick.
Whenever I get a cold, it was quantified and becomes pneumonia because of my asthma.
But I was still moving along.
I had to go through all my stuff and decide what to bring and what to box up, plus what to give to DI.
Alie and Morgan were really happy about all the clothes I got rid of.
Alie loves this picture but check out all those hangers! That's how many clothes I got rid of.
Wednesday rolled around and Mom and I started our road trip! We left at 6:30 am and didn't arrive in Rexburg until 11!
Our road trip consisted of
Lunch at "The Junction", a family favorite in Kanab.
Jamming to music
Listening to an audio book "Let it Go".
Minimal sleeping
Dinner at Grandma's in Bountiful
Driving in the pitch black from Logan-Rexburg.
Morgan was kind and waited up for us so we could crash at her place.
Thursday
Morgan had to work so she didn't get to join us on the fun.
Jokes moving all my crap in wasn't fun. I did meet two of my roommates though.
I wasn't for sure which room was mine, so I peeked in all the bedrooms for an empty one.
Of course everyone was in their room and mine was the last one I looked in!
Rexburg doesn't have a target :( So we drove 30 minutes to Idaho Falls to get what we needed.
(I have a feeling I'll be making plenty of trips to Idaho Falls)
While in IF, we got some lunch, picked up a few things at Bed Bath and Beyond and then headed back to my house.
Side note: my fortune cookie said something about a new adventure (which is fitting because I am in the process of moving) and mom's said she needs to broaden her horizons. Haha.
We finally got to organize all my stuff and put things away. It felt so nice to feel somewhat organized again! Mom of course was so kind and washed all my new dishes, and helped set up everything.
Heres a sneak peak of my room
it's a super old house. my landlord is a grandma and she grew up here.
there are so many vintage things about the house- like all the wall paper!
I'll have to do a blog post about the house!
Morgan stopped by on her way home from work and then we all went back to her house.
She made up spaghetti- for some odd reason, she loves cooking. Especially for other people.
It's a great talent and skill, I'm kind of envious!
The remainder of our night consisted of watching Baby Mama and a cupcake run to Coca Bean!
That night, I realized mom was leaving the following day and I started to get sad.
Friday
The main thing left on my list was grocery shopping but today was also move in day for all the apartments and dorms. So the grocery store was chaotic and crammed. I was so ready to get out of there!
After we put all my food away, we picked up lunch (which totally makes sense after grocery shopping) and brought it back to Morgans. Well in the meantime, my supervisor moved up our meeting! So I only had 5 minutes to eat before I needed to head to campus. Which was maybe a blessing because I could run out the door and not extend our goodbye.
I cried nonetheless. It was weird getting in the car without mom.
Once I started going, I reminded myself that this would be a positive experience. It would be okay.
My meeting went FABULOUS. Probably a good thing or I would have turned around and driven home. Haha.
I got to meet one of the deaf students and her interpreter husband, plus have all my questions answered about the job. I think my schedule is perfect and the classes seem doable.
I had to stop by HR to fill out paper work along with the millions of other "student employees".
My paper work took forever because I am not an actual student like most of BYU-I's employees.
In the mean time of waiting, everyone was so friendly. Typically when you have to sit and wait for something, people just mind their own business but basically everyone talked to each other.
I left the HR feeling happy and excited. I like the vibe.
I was on fire and ready to take over the world. Haha.
I FINALLY got a car wash and was terrified. I've never done a "drive thru" car wash and it made me so claustrophobic.
Then I went to a craft store to get stuff for my room.
Morgan was kind and had me over again.
She went hunting with me for frames, but we had no luck finding what I wanted so instead we watched Gilmore Girls and painted frames. It was fun and therapeutic.
Tonight is my first night sleeping at my new house and I haven't cried. We are doing good!


0 comments:
Post a Comment