June 8, 2015

After venturing out with the kids on Monday, I realized it makes the day go by so much faster. So I made a point to do something everyday.

Tuesday she had a play date which was PERFECT. Trip was asleep and Bryn was entertained. I think we will need to arrange play dates more frequently. Fun fact about the East Coast- all the moms wear cute dresses and get really fancy every day. Also when the kids have a play date, the moms usually stay and chat too. It's more for the moms than the kids.

Wednesday I took the kids over to Vanita's. Our friend Morgan was there, so we all talked while watching eachother's kids. Once again, we need to do that more often.



Thursday we went to the library for story time. Bryn wouldn't leave my side, but she still enjoyed herself. Ali (Vanita's boss) owns a bakery and it's right by the library so we stopped by there after our story time. It is cool because everything is made so it doesn't have any common food allergies. BUT it still tastes just as good.



Friday and Saturday we went to the shore, which is basically the beach! Vanita's boss has a beach house in New Jersey, more specifically Avalon. They invited my family (my nanny family) to come up and stay with them.

The drive was only like an hour and 45 minutes, but I didn't mind because I was sitting next to this cutie.



Unfortunately, it was pretty cold (cold enough to need a sweater) the whole time we were there. So Friday we only spent like 20 minutes at the shore. The kids were too cold to stay much longer.


We've decided the setting reminds us of Dear John. 

When the blessed time of 1 came around, Vanita and I embraced our break with hitting up the shops! While driving, we almost hit a pedestrian because we were too busy looking out the window. Whoops! 

When the kids woke up, we heated up the hot tub, so we could still somewhat play in water. I was either in too long or it was too hot, but it made me feel dehydrated. Like that sick feeling to your stomach. It was worth it to play with the cute kiddos though. 


They are Vanita's babies... Juliet and Emmaline. They are twins. 

Once all the babies were tucked into bed, Vanita and I hit the town. We rode bikes a few miles to an ice cream shop called, Springers. The ice cream was alright, but I loved riding the bike. All the houses around there were ridiculously huge. It was fun checking them all out. 



We tried to talk a picture on self timer and people would wait and then cross right when it would take. That's why we are laughing in half of them. 




Lol. 


Welcome to New Jersey. 


After our bike ride, we were too cold to stay out. Instead on a whim, we decided to drive to Atlantic City. It was only like a 40 minute drive and very worth it. It was nice to sit back and enjoy the music, and check out the mini Vegas. 


Saturday. 

Vanita had to work an hour earlier than me. So I stayed in bed and slept. I felt bad but not bad enough to get up. I slept through the kids banging on my door and all. 

The parents went to a yoga class in the morning so we were left with all the kids. We decided to get out of the house too.  After one kid crying so hard she threw up, and another having a melt down, we finally got everyone in the car to go to the zoo. Just maneuvering all the car seats (with kids in them) was quite the workout. We didn't end up going to the zoo, but we did go on a nice drive for an hour. 


Once I was finished working for the day, I went with Vanita and her girls to the beach. We only got to spend a half hour there because a life guard told us a huge storm was coming and we had to leave. We made it home just in time! 



It was raining so hard, so we decided s'mores would be fitting.


I kind of love the rain and was excited to sit outside and read, but instead we decided to face it! We drove into town to get some lunch for the adults. My pants got pretty wet from all the puddles, but guess what! We found some REAL (Arizona kind of real) mexican food! OH MY GOODNESS. I didn't realize how much I missed mexican food! It was so good! Now I just have to find a golden mexican food place in Ardmore.


Once the girls woke up, we played in the hot tub until it was time for dinner. Then the parents all left to go to a fancy dinner. Us kids had a dance party, story time, smores, and only one melt down. Sounds like a success to me.




When we were sure everyone was asleep, we snuck outside to the hot tub. By the time the parents got home, our friends made it to Avalon. They spent 20 minutes meeting "our parents" and obsessing over John's (Vanita's "dad") success. Once we finally left, we walked around the beach and then drove to Atlantic City again. When we were getting onto the freeway, Vanita tried to pass the car and didn't realize the lines were solid yellow. She ended up driving onto the exit for oncoming traffic. By this point, she was surrounded by hills so we couldn't just cut across. LUCKILY no cars came and she was able to back up. We all had a heart attack.

We spent the night exploring and eating dinner. We got home around 2, but I am stupid and stayed up til 3:30, only to wake up at 7.



Vanita and I wanted to attend church, so we got a train back into town. One of our friends drove us back to Atlantic City, where the only train station was. We had a late start so we didn't make the one we wanted. But we still made it back with a half hour to get ready for church.





Church was great. It's always fun meeting new people and learning from different people.

After break the fast, we went to a park called Harbor Park.

It has a bunch of big ships and some paddle boats you can rent but also a lot of things to do in the actual park. They have a bunch of hammocks hung up and life size games of chess, jenga, etc. It is a really neat park. So we hung out there for a bit. Perfect Sunday activity since it only requires walking around and relaxing.


For some reason, I don't have any pictures with Morgan. That will change this upcoming weekend! 






After awhile at the park, we walked over to a memorial for all the Philadelphia people that sacrificed their life in the war. 








CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top