Monday.
Just a normal day of the nanny life plus some Pink Berry with Vanita in the evening.
Post-nap snuggles.
Tuesday.
A girl in my ward tagged me in a post about institute. I guess that's a passive way of saying you need to come. Haha. So Vanita and I trekked down there once she got off. It took us 10 minutes to figure out which room they were in. Plus we had two different addresses which ended up leading us to the same place...Weird. The class was taught by a cute old missionary couple.
After institute, we took advantage of Target being so close (we don't have a target in our towns), and bought the boys some treats to thank them for letting us take over their house every night. Typically uninvited. Once we got what we needed, we met all the boys at Buffalo Wild Wings. Btw, they have really good salsa!
Ps, Golden State won AND the MVP was a UofA grad! #BEARDOWN
Wednesday.
Another normal work day except during my break I went swimming at Vanitas. The weather is perfect right now. Not too hot, but hot enough to go swimming. I'm not really looking forward to the AZ heat.
My friend, Morgan is going home soon, so her replacement just arrived to get trained! We love her already! She is doing super well with the adjustment too.
Thursday.
My baby, Trip, is sick and teething, so he won't nap very long and he is kind of grumpy. It was rainny so we couldn't go on a walk. Instead I went over to Vanitas. She cheered him up and I got a break with the twins.
Last minute that evening, I decided to go shopping even though I would only have an hour and a half. I hurried and charged my phone while getting ready. Once I got there, I realized my phone was at 20% and probably wouldn't last til I got home. WHICH WAS A BIG DEAL. I needed my "maps" app to guide me home. I did not have my bearings well enough. I turned it off, and said a little prayer that it would last long enough to get me home. 2 dresses, 1 pair of pants, 2 shirts and a bow later, I was finally leaving. I waited to turn it on til I absolutely needed it. Guess what. It jumped up to 30%. Tender mercy. Even better, it died once I had my bearings. God answers even our simple, silly prayers. Well maybe not so simple, I would have been pretty lost if my phone couldn't guide me. My plan B was to go into a fast food restaurant and ask to borrow a phone.
Friday.
I realized my time is practically gone here so I needed to step up my touring. I realized I had a 4 hour break (which is unusual) so I scheduled a little tour.
The Constitution Center
I felt so much sadness for all the people that were slaves. During that era, 1 out of 4 people in the nation were slaves. That is A TON. Too many. It also made me realize how MLK was put in DC for a reason at that time. A change needed to be made and he was in the right place.
After the presentation, there were exhibits to look at. We weren't supposed to take pictures, but I still took some of my favorites. Most were too blurry because I tried to be sneaky and fast. Haha.
I love how authentic and real this is.
"I do not conceive that we are more inspired-have more wisdom-or possess more virtue than those who will come after us. The power under the constitution will always be with the people".
George Washington.
Independence Hall was right across the street, but I knew I wouldn't have time. Instead I walked over to the Liberty Bell to learn a little about it.
Fun Fact: It has cracked twice.
It was built to represent the freedom they obtained. A bell is very symbolic since bells "proclaim".
I also like that there is a crack in it. It represents everything our ancestors had to go through to get to this point and a reminder that we are still not a perfect nation.
Once I was finished, I looked up a popular food strip- Reading Terminal to see how close it was. Turns out, it was only 10 minutes away! I decided to walk there. On my way, I saw a Mexican food place. So I went in and had no regrets. Best part was having the chips and salsa all to myself.
Ps I want this shirt.






0 comments:
Post a Comment