February 3, 2015

My life has picked up, so I will document my day to day happenings.

Monday.

Mondays are always hard, even as a non-student, non-employed person.

Vanita and I were pretty lazy. We went out to lunch, met up with Kel, and had some girl time. That evening my ward was combined with another ward and we basically had a game night. The first game was kind of weird. We got into groups based on our eye color (I had to branch out since Jacob and Vanita were both brown eyed cuties) and had to "build" the topic we were given. For example, if they said "pool", we had to portray it. My group wasn't really into it, so we only won once. After this game for awhile, we played "do you love your neighbor". That is always an insane game, especially with a ton of people! It ended up being a good time.

After FHE, Vanita and Jacob came to my house. Pretty sure we just ate food and watched the Bachelor.



Tuesday.


Vanita started her physical therapy, and they needed to meet for a long time before starting it all, so we spent our whole morning there.
The rest of our day consisted of going to the temple, and institute. i especially loved my institute class because my teacher is Sydney's dad (my old roommate). So I already knew him. He singled me out a few times as a crack whore and what not but it was great. I really like his teaching style, he pushes me to think past my normal mormon logic. After class, Vanita and I met up with Meagan and Tiff to get cupcakes from sprinkles. It was "national chocolate cake day", so that was our justification.


Wednesday

I needed to renew my CPR Certification, and Vanita thought she may need it as a future nanny, so we took an 8 am class together. On the way we passed DJ driving to school.







The plan was to go to the certification for an hour and a half, then rush over to Grant's funeral. Unfortunately, the class went for 3 hours....I was pretty bummed. It made me feel off the rest of the day. I was excited to hear stories about his life, and get some closure. 


That evening Jacob and I were going to go to the temple, but we got there right at prime mutual time. So it was PACKED and he needed to take his sister to her mutual in an hour. So we decided to postpone 2 days. Later that evening Jacob had a basketball game, so I went to cheer him on. I'm sure I embarrass him by cheering, but I love watching him play. 

I had a little answer to prayers. A deaf member in my ward asked if I could meet with him to talk about possibly interpreting service. So we met and he asked if I would interpret for him in church every other week. It was an answer to prayers because I get to practice my interpreting again. I was starting to worry that I may be getting rusty. I am excited to get back in the swing of it again! 



Thursday.  

Vanita and I went on a bike ride to get a little exercise. When we got back home, my back was feeling awful, so I decided to finally give in and go to the chiropractor (my back, neck and head have been bugging me since the accident). He ended up getting us right in and took an X-Ray (we will find out the results tomorrow).

After the appointment, I was feeling pretty awful from being moved so much. So I decided to not go to institute.


Friday.

I got to watch the cutest kids all day. They are 4 and 1 and a half. Unfortunately, it was raining so we couldn't play outside all day. Their mom is a sign language interpreter, so they know a lot of signs. It was my favorite thing watching their little hands sign. So freakin cute. Kids are exhausting though. Davis went down for a nap for about 2 hours, and I tried to get Luce to sleep but she stayed wide awake. I ended up crashing for 10 minutes instead. Mom business is draining stuff.



I could just cuddle him all day. 


When they left, Jacob picked me up. He was a nice brother and drove his sister out to her dad's (its a 40 minute drive) and then drove us to the temple. It's always a nice time doing temple work, especially having him baptize me. 

After baptisms, we went to my house AND he watched the UofA basketball game with me. I think he is progressively warming up to UofA. Or he is just really nice to watch it with me. I think both. 
After the game we helped my mom out and drove all of Alie's friends home. 


Saturday. 

I worked with Jayne for 3 hours, and then drove 30 minutes to drop off my hours. It was my fault for not mailing it in time, so I had to just drive to Chandler to drop it off. 

Jacob told me he had a plan for our date night but he wouldn't tell me what we were doing. I was annoying and bugged him a few times, and then eventually gave up. 
1. He surprised me and took me to my favorite restaurant- BJs. He let me get a pizookie and all. 
2. He surprised me with a bike ride home. I've been talking about lately, how I want to go on a bike ride sometime, so he made it happen!  
Back story. His aunt helped him out and left two bikes where he parked. When we were walking out, she was having a hard time figuring out how to put his car in park (you have to press a button), so his car was chilling in the middle of the street. She eventually figured it out and got out of there. When we walked up to the bikes, he said, "well I was parked here". I thought he was teasing me, so I said, yeah someone stole your car and left two bikes?" Then it finally dawned that we were riding them home! I think I said "oh my goodness" at least 10 times. I was so excited and it was so thoughtful of him to plan it! 



He is a rockstar. 




Sunday. 

My grandma, grandpa, aunt janice and uncle larry came over for dinner. Plus Jacob of course. Later that evening, Jacob and I had a nerf gun war. I can proudly say I won 1 out of 2 games. 


Monday. 


I dont remember... 


Tuesday. 


I caved and decided to get a rental car. It's a weird arrangement though. It was $1,000 cheaper to get it through my dad's membership but that means only my mom and dad can drive it. So now I am driving the suburban and my mom is driving the little camry. It's nice having a car again, but I'm sure my mom would much rather be driving her car. She's so good to me. 

My autistic cousin that I work with, Jayne had a dentist appointment, so I went to assist my aunt. Oh boy. It was rough. She had to get a tooth extracted and did NOT like it. She was leery of the female hygienists, but when the male dentist walked in, she freaked out. It was all emotionally and physically draining. 


That evening Jacob and I went to institute. We had a sub because Bro Rich was at a training or somethin. It was an interesting class. Someone brought up a perspective that I didn't necessarily agree with. After class, Jacob and I had a nice chat about our opinions on it, and it helped me feel better about it. Jacob is pretty wise in church doctrine, so I love our gospel discussions. 



CONVERSATION

1 comments:

Back
to top