Wednesday.
I spent all day working at a school with 5-7 year olds that have special needs. The agency that employes me needed a sub at the academy, so I offered since I have time. I was there from 8-4 AND I only got a half hour break. It was a rather long day. Working with kids is already a ton of work, but with lower functioning children it is like multiplying the number of kids. You have to always be on your toes and constantly redirecting them so they don't freak out. When I was done, I decided I deserved a treat, so I stopped at DQ.
After driving 30 minutes, I picked up Vanita and went to the Chiropractor. We finally got our X-Rays back! Turns out our necks and backs are pretty screwed up.
This is what your neck is supposed to look like but mine is straight and one of my upper things is out of place. So that's why I've been having migraines and back pains. The good news is, no surgery. It is fixable from therapy.
As soon as we were done with our appointment, I headed over to a YW New Beginnings. They have a deaf girl in their ward, and they wanted me to teach the YW Theme in ASL. I wasn't nervous at all and didn't even rehearse it in my mind. Once they introduced me, I got a little nervous, but it ended up going well. We got through it and they did great!
That evening I picked up Alie from the MHS Basketball game and then watched Jacob play basketball. This was the most fun yet. His mission companion came, so I talked to him the first game, then the little kids showed up, so I played with them the rest of the time. I did watch the game too. :)
Thursday.
I had a crazy busy morning trying to pack and get everything in line so I could leave for Disneyland! I realized I hadn't gone to the temple that week, so I moved things around and I made it there! I was so happy I did and I got in and out so fast.
Meagan, Vanita, Tiff and I drove down around 2! Vanita says so many things that just cracked us up, so we kept a running note of everything she said. I'll add them at the end.
We (Vanita) made Meagan pull over to get a picture with the sign. A semi honked and Vanita said a choice word and jumped so high. It made me almost pee my pants from laughing.
When we got into California, we met up with Frank (Vanita's brother) and his roommate for dinner at a burger place called The Habit. It was soooo good and we were all so hungry we could have eaten 2 cheeseburgers each!
After dinner we made a trip to Target to get some breakfast foods and some other forgotten necessities.
This gem of a hat.
Once we got back to the apartment, we found the missionaries lived in the neighboring apartment complex, so we took them a plate of cookies. They were so grateful and it took nothing on our part since the cookies were already made.
Tiff was so excited that they were sister missionaries.
Friday
DISNEY DAY!!!!!
Frank is a sweetheart and signed us in for free.
We decided to just enjoy the day and not run to every ride like we usually do. It made it a lot more relaxed. Unfortunately, a lot (including the castle) was closed in preparation for the 60th celebration of Disney. But my favorites were open and the weather was perfect all day!
Cars land had these cool bottles from the highway.
Mmmmmm.
The swings are always a must.
WE WERE SO EXCITED!!!!
California screamin always hurts my neck as is, so I decided with a hurt neck, it wouldn't be smart.
After lunch we headed over to disneyland and vanita got a wheel chair. We teased her all day about being "Queen V" and a "Diva" since she made us push her all day.
Lol.
Trying to be sorority girls. I dont understand this pose.
One bonus of the wheel chair is we got on all the rides super fast! We went on space mountain two times within a 20 minute range. They lost our picture and offered to let us go again without getting in line. We needed to head back to the apartment though so we didn't take them up on it.
We stopped on the way home at a SUPER ghetto Wal-Mart. There was a creep with a trench coat, sparkly cowboy hat and all. He was awful.
Everyone was dead by the time we got home, but I somehow stayed up til 3.
Saturday.
We got up at a reasonable hour to go on a hike with Frank. He took us to a place called Crystal Cove. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! The hike itself wasn't hard, and once you get to the top, you overlook the ocean. It was great. So worth it. At the end of the hike, it has a trail that leads you to Newport Beach. So we enjoyed the sand for a little bit before heading to lunch.
Frank took us to a place called Lemonade. It was like a bakery with many varieties of food, you could go there literally everyday. I hope they bring it over to Phoenix.
Finally be 4:30 California time, we were on the road! We had a lot of good and deep chats and were home by midnight!
It was a nice break from life.

















The Habit is my favorite burger place! I seriously go there like once a week when I'm home. SO GOOD.
ReplyDelete