Life.

In Institute last night we were talking about Lehi's vision, commonly known as "the tree of life". Bro Rich showed us pictures of it by LDS artists. 



This is how I always imagined it, but he showed us another painting (I can't find it online) where the people holding onto the rod had to go through valleys and more challenging paths. I thought that was a more appropriate painting because choosing to be good always takes effort. It is a constant thing. Life itself is not on a straight bridge to Heaven. But the people that had the rod, had guidance through life. 

Anyway, while we were talking about the valleys, I finally accepted that my life is hard right now. I always try to be optimistic, but that was making me a little naive. I finally stated that my life is a valley right now, it is tough. 

1) I was stressed about my car insurance. My dad thought it might double to compensate for all the damage they had to pay for. 

2) There were so many deaths in just 2 weeks. 
-Most heard about the shooting at QT in Mesa. Well the victim is someone I went to high school     with. We weren't super close but I would consider him a friend. 
-One of my friend's mom suddenly passed. 
-Sunday night my neighbor's grandson suddenly passed away. 

Of these 3 individuals, I wasn't necessarily super close to any of them. It brought back my feelings of losing JaKelle, and that put me "in the valley" again. After the third individual to suddenly pass away, I came to the realization that this isn't slowing down at all. People I know are going to continue to pass. It reminded me how important it is to always be kind and love. 

3) I still didn't have a job. 


Well in just a day my life turned around.

1. I talked to my car insurance and it turns out the other guy was at fault. So my rate won't go up at all! I was seriously so overwhelmed by it for a month and now it is gone, just like that. 

2. I GOT A JOB!!!!!! A month ago, I interviewed for a job in the Glendale school district. I didn't feel good about it. Something just felt off. Well I got a call saying they had a student coming into the district and they really wanted me if I was still available! It all worked out and I start working Tuesday! I AM SO EXCITED!!!! 


It has been a very long time waiting, but life is looking up. Thank goodness. Heavenly Father knows my limits and knew I couldn't handle it much longer.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top