January 26, 2015

I have definitely been putting off blogging. Everyday I have the thought that I should, but then I decide not to because I don't have enough to talk about.

The first week after my accident I was pretty sore. Vanita stayed at my house, so we enjoyed each other's company and relaxed all day. It was pretty nice to have a few days to do nothing. Although the pain made it not so enjoyable and eventually I started going crazy from being stuck inside my house. Jacob came over everyday so that helped, bur he gladly took me out when I was ready.

The thought of me actually driving gave me anxiety and made my body tense up. I made it a goal to start driving the next day, and I did it! I definitely drove like my newly licensed self. I still don't have my car back, so my mom and I share during the day and DJ usually lets me use his car in the night. He has been so kind to always let me borrow it.

I still don't have a set job. I have had some offers, but they can't let me start until I have my certification BUT guess what! I should be getting it in 2 weeks! Then my life will really pick up!

With all this time off, I've been going to the temple 2 times a week (perk of living near 3 temples), and staying on top of social media. Haha! Around the night time when Jacob is done with work/school, I actually get ready and do something.


To be honest I don't really remember what I have done recently. I'll give little bullets of the things I can remember.

1. I saw 3 movies in a 4 day span.
-Paddington (We went with Jacob's younger siblings and Dad/Krista).
-Annie (my family and neighborhood)
-The Imitation Game. We went into it knowing nothing about it. It was kind of weird, but interesting. I'm still skeptical about how much was actually true.

2. Vanita, Meagan, Ashlyn and I went to Cheesecake Factory on "National Pie Day". We all said National Pie Day is on 3-14 but Vanita insisted the food network said was today. We met in between and got cheesecake instead.

3. I had a few family parties. My Uncle Larry had a birthday, so we celebrated it Sunday with all the cousins. Then Monday my immediate family went out to dinner with him.


We sang at the restaurant, and this was him telling us "shhhhhhh". 




4. MLK day, Alie and her friends wanted to go to Top Golf but realized that morning they needed an adult since they are under 18. So I volunteered to take them. 


Of course they needed some cute pictures and I was gladly the photographer. 


'

They made me give it a try too. 


5. I got a new calling!! I am one of the compassionate service leaders! I'm really excited to get involved in my ward! It's the perfect calling!

6. Jacob and I went on a double date with his friend Sam and a girl he was set up with. We went to a Japanese restaurant and then played mini golf. Sam and his date, Ashlee were really good, so naturally Jacob and I had to just mess around to make up for the lack of skills.

7. Vanita and I were together for 2 weeks, so I should have more to report on that. I don't remember much though. We watched New Girl a lot, went to Target at least 3 times, Nielsons twice, ward hopped on Sunday, went shopping at AZ Mills, got lunch with Amber, and went to the temple.

8. Saturday I worked with my cousin, Jayne and she was SO good! She played outside 3 times which is so out of character!

9. Jacob's Birthday was on Sunday, so his family celebrated Saturday night with his mom's side of the family. I got to meet his aunts/uncles and they are all so fun! My favorite part was his great grandma. She is 80 and lives like she is 40. She is so fun and sweet.

10. Jacob, Kelley, Eric, Sam, Ashlee and I all went on a triple date to Top Golf! When we got there, we found out there was a 3 hour wait. So we went to San Tan Mall and got some DQ and wandered Dicks Sporting Goods. Then we realized Top Golf has a little hangout area we could play in while we waited. We ended up playing Just Dance. Then they were finally ready for us to golf! Not gonna lie, I was pretty awful at it but the setting makes up for it. It is a really cool place and it's neat to see how far you can hit it.


Since it was his birthday he (we) got free doughnuts!! 





Ashlee, Sam, Jacob, Lauren, Kelley and Eric. 


My life is pretty slow right now, but it will pick up. I am definitely learning patience.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top