Summer Nights

So I have definitely neglected my blog. I spent so much time organizing my pictures from my trip and then putting it all in words, that I had a little bit of an overdose. I am finally ready to update y'all. 


Monday-Wednesday I had a cold and caught some Ecuadorian bug. So I just enjoyed our new Netflix luxury and started watching all the shows I've wanted to see!

Thursday I finally went into the sunlight again. It was JaKelle's 2 year mark of her passing away, so I wanted to spend the day in honor of her. 





Later that evening, I went to institute at Chandler-Gilbert. Not gonna lie, it felt like I was cheating on Tucson's institute. It was mainly just weird going to an institute where I didn't know anyone. The lesson was exactly what I needed. The topic was the "Plan of Salvation". I'm not going to lie, I tend to tune out when we have this lesson. It is usually more about the logistics of the plan and not what it actually means to us. This lesson was about the logistics, but I was able to make an important realization. 

Our teacher asked us when the plan of salvation has meant a lot to us. 

I thought about how when JaKelle passed away, I already knew I would see her again. In fact that reunion felt so far away, that it didn't really help ease my sorrows. The thing that did help me though was the love of my Father in Heaven and knowing he has a plan. If I didn't have a knowledge about the pre-earth life, I wouldn't understand His great love for us. So the number one thing I took out of that lesson is God has a plan and He is in control. 


After Institute, we went over to Ashlyn's to play some games. While I was in Ecuador, Vanita made a ton of friends. So I got to meet a few of them while playing games. 


Friday I started my first day of working with my cousin Jayne. She is my new little buddy for the summer. I only work 3 hours everyday, but when I work, I am constantly with her. So we will be BFFs by the end of the summer. 

When I was finished working, my body was exhausted. So I spent the night on Netflix, watching my new fave show, Chuck. 


Saturday I worked with Jayne again, then that evening I had a reunion with Kel and Eric. Well, Vanita too, but I had seen her the night before. Anyway, all of us went to Flancers for dinner and caught up on life. 



After we went to Vanita's for another game night. It started with like 12 of us but it just kept growing. We played a few rounds of Catch Phrase until there were too many people. Then we played fruit bowl, which I was horrible at because I couldn't remember anyone's fruits. After awhile of games, people just started talking. I was a bit overwhelmed and luckily found Landon (Jason's cousin), Jordan (Landon's friend) and Vanita all hiding in her room. 

Landon was a man and put up Vanita's curtain rod with a pink tool set. 



Then Jordan stepped up with the heavy work. 




Sunday I went to church with Vanita in her small ward. We have made some great friends in her ward though so we like it! After church we came back to my house for din, then headed to her house. The missionaries told her to invite people over but we didn't know why. 

They were trying to encourage us to be member missionaries and gave us a little challenge. 

The Elders found out I go to school in Tucson, and I started getting some trash talk. Don't worry, I stood up for my Tucson missionaries because let's get real, they are the best. AND they gave us the member missionary challenge 4 months ago! Soooo, who is really better here? :) 

Once the missionaries left, we started the party. We played a game that was boys against girls and it got pretty competitive. The girls won every time, but we may or may not have cheated every time. 


Selfie with the missionaries. 



Monday- I finally started organizing my clothes/moving my stuff into my parent's house. 

Then I was onto work. Jayne had a rough day, but I was working different hours so that could be a factor. 

I left work 10 minutes early, and drove super fast to Vanita's house. Then Landon drove Vanita, me, Melissa, and Jaden to the Dbacks game for FHE. To be honest, I didn't really watch any of the game. On the same note, I went for the social aspect not for the actual game, so whatevs. 




We left after 7th inning stretch and went to Red Robin. We got there around 9:40, but once we got our table, we found out they were suppose to close at 10. Oops! We felt so bad. We didn't get out of there til 10:40. 

After din, we went to Bahama Bucks to see Landon's friend that just got back from his vaca to Hawaii. 
Can I just say how nice this Bahama was?! It is new and huge! Plus they have games for people to play and hang out. So we played the game where you have a word on your forehead and you have to guess what it is. You figure it out by asking yes or no questions. Jaden won but she has played it a million times so she knows all the words. Landon asked one question and then gave up. 

The rest of the night, a few of us chilled at Vanita's aka learned about who is dating who. 



I thought I wouldn't be doing anything this summer since all my friends are either in Tucson/went home for the summer, or are on missions. So I'm happy Vanita made new friends which are now my friends! 

The summer will consist of sleeping in, going to the gym (once I finally sign up), work, and then playing til 2 in the morning at Vanitas. It's going to be a good summer! 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top