I will just give some highlights of the week.
Tuesday we had a girls night and went to the Andy Grammer concert! Jaden was a gem and drove her mom's car so we could all drive together! Anyway It was at the Crescent Ballroom, so it was a small venue. People 21 and older sat in the back, and the rest of us had to stand in the front. It was worth the wait once it started considering we were in the front row!! There were 2 guys that opened and then a girl from One Tree Hill. There were mainly girls there, so no one cared for the girl performer. It was kind of sad. After standing for 2 hours, ANDY FINALLY CAME OUT!
Guys, he is hot. I fell in love when he started singing. He switched off with songs from his new cd (which is not yet released) and old songs. I can't wait to buy his new cd when it comes out!
He was such a good performer though! He gave us a little run down of the songs, and made it funny too. Not to mention his dancing. Hot dang! Too bad he is married.
After the concert, we went to Bahama Bucks to get a treat. Then most the group went home and the rest of us went to Madi's house to visit her. Idk if I have talked about her. She is from Texas and moved to Arizona 2ish months ago. I love her. I'm sure I will talk about her more throughout this summer! Anyway, that pretty much sums up the night. It was a good time!
Wednesday I finally watched SYTYCD (So You Think You Can Dance). Although it is still the auditions so I fast forwarded most of it. After I was done watching, I drove over to Vanita's to meet up with the group. From there we drove to the lake to go cliff jumping. My favorite part was the drive. I love mini rode trips, especially when we blast the music.
Once we got to the lake, we had to go on a mini hike. I was wearing my hawaiian shoes, which made it a little difficult because they kept slipping off my feet. It was an easy hike though, so it's all good.
I personally didn't cliff jump because the fact I couldn't see if there were rocks (we went at 10 pm) made me a little nervous. So I chilled at the top when some other people and cheered everyone on.
Shout out to Jordan and Chadwin for getting glow sticks! It made it even more fun!
I don't remember if we did anything after the lake, so I'll just assume I went home and watched Chuck.
As we were driving, we took a trip down our junior high years and listened to songs like "One, Two Step", "Fergilicioius", etc.
After our jam sesh we picked up Landon and went to Target. Vanita was an adult and bought a 60 inch tv! Now we can have movie nights at her house and game nights!
Vanita and Landon left to get his truck, and so Ashlyn, Madi and I had some good bonding time! Once again, can I just say how much I love Madi! I love Ashlyn too of course!
After they picked us and the tv up, we dropped the tv off at Vanita's house, and had a girls night. Landon had to pick up his brother at the airport so it worked out. We went to walmart to buy some food and happened to run into Tommy Durrant's parents! It was fun to catch up for a little bit!
Once we got our snacks, we headed over to Madi's house and talked about what girls talk about. We stuffed our faces, and even had a little bit of twerking going on. It was a good night.
Friday my parents ditched us to take DJ up to Boston. So after work I took Alie and Nate to see Maleficient. I'm still not sure how I feel about the movie. I liked the story line, but some parts of it felt a little dark. Overall it was good.
After the movie Vanita met up with us at BJ's! Nate was bummed to be outnumbered by girls, but we still had a good time.
Once we were done eating, I abandoned my sibs for a little bit and went to Vanita's. We pretty much just flipped through netflix for the first 30 minutes. Then we went to Bahama Bucks to visit Madi/get free stuff. While we were there I saw two deaf people and eavesdropped a little bit. They weren't talking about anything important, don't worry.
After hanging out at Bahama for awhile, we went back to Vanita's. More people came and then the real party started! We started watching Titanic for a little bit and then changed it to Hercules for a sing a long.
That night I was missing Sheridan so much. I know I complain about it all the time, but there is no friend like her! She can't be replaced and neither can our friendship. So I'm having a hard time not having her here. So I was "a little off" all night.
Saturday I took a trip to Tucson. It was a good little get away! When I got into town, I hung out with Alex and Drew (my professor's sons from the trip). They took me shooting AND I even hit the target! I was a wimp though and wouldn't shoot the rifle with the big kick.
After our shooting adventure, we went back to their house and played some fighting video game. I think it's called Mario smash but I could be wrong. Anyway, we played and I didn't lose! I kind of cheated though. I would just avoid the boys and let them fight each other, and then come in the end once one of them died.
Around 4:30, I left to get ready for the wedding reception. The only problem was that there were people staying at my house and so I didn't have a key. I knew they weren't home, so I was in a pickle. I went to Baggins for dinner and then remembered they didn't have a bathroom. So I drove down the street to Taco Bell, and was real classy.
I met Annabeth around 6 and we headed over to the wedding. It was fun to catch up with her and hear about her life. It was also fun to see some of my Tucson friends. Phil showed me a good time on the dance floor and taught me how to swing dance a little. I wasn't too good though.
The wedding is one of the main reasons I drove down to Tucson. Clary was the FHE Co-chair person and I was a FHE mom, so I worked with her for 2 years. She seriously is the woman of 3rd ward. She is a great cook, which is very beneficial for break the fast AND she know how to plan a party (important for the activity committee part). She was also my neighbor last year, so I scored! I love Clary and will miss serving with her!
After the wedding, I watched Indiana Jones with the Volk boys and then headed home at a decent hour so I wouldn't wake my guests. Thankfully they were still up, watching "A Walk to Remember".
I stayed up a bit too late myself watching "Chuck" and "The Office".
As soon as Derek's farewell was over, I headed back to Mesa. Right when I got home, Alie, Nate, Morgan and I went to my grandma's house for dinner. It was quite the party! My grandma is always the life of the party.
After din, I headed over for a game night with the usual group. I had only been gone for like 1 1/2 days but I missed my group.
















I just found your blog and I have to tell you how cute your outfits are!! Looks like you had such a fun time with everything! :)
ReplyDeletewww.rebekahkatherine.com