July 2, 2017

Tuesday


Everyone headed home except the Stahles. We caravanned with Morgan up to Bountiful. We stopped in Provo to eat lunch with our cousins attending BYU. We went to my fav, Cubbies. ALSO Stephanie Nielson was there just minutes before we got there!!!!

Once we got into town, we just hung out at Morgan's apartment and played with Conrad. We don't even need the tv on with Conrad there. For dinner, we got everyone's orders for Mod Pizza only to find it, it is not yet open. So instead we called in pizza and got drinks/sugar cookies at Swig along the way.




Baby boy. His little waddle is the cutest. 

We didn't stay too late because Morgan was pretty tired. So we visited my grandma at the care center (plus my grandpa who was visiting grandma). We got back to the hotel pretty late and still had to check in. I ended up still working out that night and it felt great after eating like 3,000 calories/day at the reunion. Plus it's been awhile since I went running anyway. 




Wednesday


For Morgan's birthday, she mostly wanted to shop. Day 1 of birthday shopping, we drove to Draper to FINALLY see Piper and Scoot in person. It was nice to try everything on so I have a better idea for the future. I haven't always liked everything I've ordered, so now I have a better idea. Plus bought way too much.
We stopped at Paradise Bakery on the way home. It was very important that we went while we were in Utah because every other one has been taken over by Panera.
Morgan and mom made us all dinner, while we played with Conrad. Once Payson got home, they went on a little date. I suggested they see Wonder Woman. I definitely talked it up. They ended up not really liking it though...Not sure how. While they were out, we visited my grandma at the care center. Right when we were about to leave, my aunt walked in. So we stayed even longer. When we finally left, we hit up Fiiz and hung out at the house til the lovers got back.

Alie ended up working out with me which was fun.











Thursday


Morgan's Birthday!!!!! We slept in, so we didn't met up til after Conrad's nap. We started the day with lunch at a 10/10 Mexican restaurant called Lone Star Taqueria.





Then we hit up some outlets in Nephi? Lehi? I can't remember. Alie and I had a lot of success and Morgan didn't buy a darn thing. Conrad needed a nap, so we had to go, but then decided to hit up City Creek and have him sleep in the car with mom. She took him home, and we continued to shop. She still only bought one shirt in the end.... We will have to have a round 3 when she comes to Arizona. 







She picked an oreo cake which really hit the spot. 

Then we headed back to the hotel, packed up everything, and loaded up the car. 



Friday


We spent the whole day driving. We woke up at 5:00 and were on the road by 5:20. The plan was to eat lunch in Kanab at our fav, Big Al's. Unfortunately it didn't open til 10, and mom wasn't about to wait. So we kept driving. I fell asleep and no one was hungry enough to eat in Page so they kept going. We ended up driving all the way to flagstaff before we ate. Which meant we made great time in the end.

When we got back, we got everything settled, and then I got everything ready for a cabin trip the following day.


Saturday 

A few weeks ago, I had the brilliant idea of bringing my friends up to the cabin for the 4th of July/Taylor Rodeo. My family didn't want to go since we were getting back from Utah the day before, so it was perfect. Well there ending up being some drama in between but it all worked out. 

We drove up and stopped at the red onion for lunch. Then we played a few rounds of Code Names. 
After awhile, and more snacking, we explored outside and shot bebe guns. Colten had to take pictures for the company that sponsors him, so Cariann and I gladly agreed to be models. 

















The rodeo was so fun. And we ate way too much food. We ended up staying well after it was over too. We were waiting for team roping? But they took 5ever to start it. When we finally left, we heard them announce that they were finally starting it. The drive home was the best though- we jammed pretty hard to junior high throwbacks. 












Didn't realize I had both cookies on my knees. 

We weren't going to stay up late, but ended up talking til 2:30ish. 
Then Cariann and I stayed up another hour talking. 



Sunday. 

So secret is out. I was called as the Relief Society President. I could write a whole blog post about my feelings, but I'll just leave it there. Anyway, since I HAD to go to my ward we left that morning so we would make it back in time. When we were almost back into town, I got pulled over by an undercover cop in a yellow mustang. He was pretty rude and I got a ticket. I couldn't be that mad because I was indeed speeding, but he was rude. That was a bit of a buzz kill. 


I had a lot of emotions at church. It also didn't help that all my counselors were gone, so I was doing it on my own. The minute sacrament meeting was over, everyone wanted to meet with me. It was helpful but a bit overwhelming. 

Mom and Al came for my setting apart which was supposed to be during third hour but ended up being after the block. So they got to sit through my RS class anyway. Haha. 

That evening, I met with my bishop's wife to get some insight on the ward and my calling. She is too funny. It's going to be fun being in her ward. 
After my meeting I went to Colten's for a game/movie night. It was full of all my Greenfield lovers (minus Jason, and Aaron). I missed all the games because I was so late, but was just in time for the movie Sully. Colten also came in clutch with a DP. 

It was a good week having a real summer. 




CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top