July 12, 2017

1. 4th of July

That evening we all met up at Colten's to swim and eat food. The pool was pretty hot, so he spent all afternoon trying to add ice to it. It was still kinda warm, but I secretly loved it.
We eventually got out to go watch the fireworks, but then we found out some people had some of their own, so we went to Cariann's to set them off. It got pretty hot standing around all the fire so as soon as they were done, we went inside. It was a pretty chill night, but good!



2. Sunsplash.

My old Gilbert ward went to sunsplash for a ward activity. I invited myself and roped Sarah along. She is a trooper because she was running on minimal sleep since she just got back from Japan a few hours prior. The first thing we did is the new slide that completely drops you. The floor from underneath you opens and you just fall. The worst part is, the water catches you, but then you can't breathe for another good 5 seconds. So you can't really catch your breath from falling. It was very exhilarating though.





We ended the night with Chick Fil A, naturally. 


3. My mom went to Utah for the weekend. I had a feeling my family would do something fun since my dad even stayed home from work. Sure enough he spontaneously bought tickets to the Diamondback game! They didn't play too hot, but it was a good time. Although we left super early because dad has a bed time ;) 



We loved the free cups. 
Al said she is going to every game now so she can cash in on all the free things. 




PS they changed their colors 2007. LOLZ. 

4. My stake had a swim party for FHE at MHS at 8 and the Gilbert Stake had a slip n slide party RIGHT BY my parent's house at 7. So I definitely double dipped. My socializing bucket was definitely full. Although I was hoping Steph would be at the Gilbert FHE since it is her stake, but they "already" did a slip n slide for FHE. So they didn't go. 

5. Last dance class with Sarah. :( SO NOT READY FOR HER TO LEAVE :( 

6. Steph officially got her key to her classroom so we went down to the school to start organizing her classroom. She had so many cute crafts already assembled. We could only stay til the alarm came on, but we got a good little kick start. It was fun to catch up and hear about her life too. Plus I got to see her adorable apartment beforehand too. 


That evening, we met up with Syd for dinner at Gecko Grill. I didn't even choose the place, I just talk about it enough that Steph had to try it. It was fun catching up with Syd too! 


Around 9 Morgan and Conrad got into town! The party weekend officially began!!  





DJ WAS COMING HOME THE FOLLOWING DAY!!!!!!! SO MUCH TO DO. 


Of course a trip to Soda Shop was a must. 



We used Morgan's cute handwriting, and al's pro (student council training) painting skillz. 
I also painted but didn't do as hot as Al.





These are what the signs turned out to be....



Welcome home (in german of course)
(We were going to have all the cousins hold a sign, 
but that fell through when his flight got major delayed)




"We love you". 
(Al says we look like we are representing McDonalds). 


The cutest of all. (Heart eyes). 




We started out the weekend on a high note of staying up too late.. 

We loved having Morgan home and helping us get ready for DJ's arrival. I think that was partly why we stayed up late- we wanted to be with her. 
So glad she could come down. 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top