That evening, when I got off, I got ready speedy fast then met up with Taylor. He had to go to some "cultural event" for his class. Oh and it had to be on campus. We went to some poetry event and met up with one of his classmates. I ended up knowing his friend too! For any of you "porter pride" peeps out there, it was Eric Lenz (we went to elementary school together and his mom was my 6th grade teacher). The poetry reading was quite dramatic but not in the way I anticipated. It was more like an angry rap about how discriminated he is for being black. I heard the "f" word more than I could count. The second half of his poetry was about sleeping with men. Taylor and Eric felt so bad that we went to that event.
The rest of the night, we drove around Gilbert, picking up things for his trip to the Grand Canyon (I was starting to regret not going). We went to our favorite stores, Target and Home Depot. The latter was obviously my favorite.
2) I took a trip to the dirty T! EJ was of course down for the adventure too! We left right when I got off work on Friday, and drove straight to the zoo for the YSA event! I had never been to the Tucson (Reid park) zoo so it was quite the adventure. Most the animals were hiding/asleep since it was so late but we did get to feed the giraffes!! This time we fed them carrots, which were longer so you didn't have to feel their tongue wrapped around your finger!
After walking around the zoo, we ditched like little high schoolers to hit up Canes. It definitely did not disappoint but my stomach kinda regretted it when the dance party came.
The dance party was on this grass field which was actually kinda nice since there was so much space.
After the event was over, we stopped at circle k for drinks and then chatted at 1320 until everyone was too tired.
Steph let me sleep in her room, which meant we stayed up late chatting some more. That was probably my favorite part of the whole trip. Staying up late and catching up.
Saturday morning we all had a slow morning, then went to Kneaders along with Rory's apartment. I ate way too much food and was full the rest of the day. Literally.
I mentioned I wanted to see the temple on my drive home but Steph opted we all go!!
#noeyes
Before officially leaving Tucson, they showed me some funny YouTube videos, then I hit the road!
On my drive, the light came on in my car to get maintenance. It made me nervous since I was driving a short little distance but I figured it could hold out until I could make it to Toyota.
Sure enough it did and I got some shopping in for Alies birthday and Mother's Day!!
That evening, I got a distressed call from alie to pick them up. My moms car got a flat and they were abandoned! So I was the best daughter/sister for the night 😉
After returning home, I met up with Taylor. We ran to the store to get some food, I met his cute fam and then we watched batman begins. I had never seen it but I was stupid for waiting so long! It was a good movie and sheds a lot more light on the latter movies.
The day just continues. I got home at 2, to our smoke detector chirping. My roommate was super annoyed and opted we fix it TONIGHT. Lucky us, we live .5 miles away from a 24 hour frys. So we bought new batteries, set off our alarm trying to fix it, and finally went to bed around 3. What a day.
Sunday was my cousins homecoming talk. He made a few jokes and shared his testimony. He did a great job.
It was also linger longer and since I am on the committee I actually stayed. It was nice not being completely in charge and just doin as I am told. I also got a new calling. Before I was the compassionate service leader and now I am the "coordinator". I met with the RS Pres last week and I'm excited to implement our new ideas!! And meet more people.
3) Last Wednesday, my ward had a RS activity and a "game night". The activity was pretty low key, which was nice to just socialize. The game night was just a game of kick ball. I intentionally wore sandals so I could just watch and talk to other people.
4) Alies birthday! She is a gem, and I love her, so it was fun to celebrate her! I got to be a part of her birthday lunch at Geckos AND dinner at Carrabbas. We of course had cake and went around the room saying what we love about our Alie girl.
5) My BFF Sarah is in town for the summer! Since going up to BYU, she has never come home for a summer so I am so excited!! She is going to be my partner in crime!
6) On Friday, Kel, Sarah and I hit up a few receptions. The first was for our long time neighbor, friend we grew up with and the other was for my sisters friend that was marrying a guy in my ward. There was a nice mix of Mesa peeps and my new Gilbert friends so it was a treat for me!
After the receptions, Kel came in clutch and cut my hair (after 9 months 😳). All in all, it was a fun little girls night!
7) Saturday morning, Kel and I went to a session together. She was the perfect temple buddy! (I kinda hate going to the temple on Saturdays though because there is always a sealing for someone I know and then everyone thinks I'm there for the sealing and I just feel awkward).
After the temple, I went into the office to knock some hours out. Then got ready for my date with Taylor. Our game plan was to meet up with 2 other couples at the chipotle festival (free food, chance to win coupons for more free food and of course a little concert). When we were half way there, one of his friends called and said they were shutting it down... Darn. Instead we drove back to Mesa and went to a restaurant that had food similar to his mission (he served in Guatemala). It was surprisingly good and I've craved it since). There was a South American Mart next to the restaurant, so he taught me a little more about South America ways.
We planned to binge watch the Bourne series (especially since the new one is coming out this summer) but ended up talking with my fam most the night.
Sunday was fast Sunday and a CES devo at 5!! Mind you, my church doesn't even get out til 5. They ended church at 430 so we could all eat and come back but I left a little earlier so I could drive to my parents house.
The devo was good. It was a different perspective on the restoration.
After, I was going to just go to bed early, but I have FOMO, so I went to a game night. My long time friend Randon, with his beautiful mansion house put on te game night. It was a super good turnout and a lot of Mesa people were there. Which is always a treat since I stink at seeing them!
At the game night Taylor and I started a game of foosball. He was smoking me and then a boy joined my team and a girl joined his. It was quite the competition but we won!! It was funny to see how worked up both guys got. Haha.
After the whole group played some games and then we left around 11ish.
8) this week is "teacher appreciation week", which means free things galore. I am definitely not a teacher but all the discounts include "all school staff with an ID", so HOLLER! Last night Taylor and I got free chipotle! And Monday I got a free drink from Fiiz!





0 comments:
Post a Comment