May 11th, 2016

Wednesday

Sarah introduced me to Insanity (the workout videos). Holy crap. I was brutally sore for 3 days. My body ached like how you feel when you're sick. Since then, I convinced my dad to buy it for my family and have gotten through the first 4 days (56 more to go). I better have a 6 pack by the end of summer. 

Thursday 
I don't watch normal tv (just the occasional Netflix) and the other day I realized I've been missing out! I didn't know allegiant came out AND a new captain America was coming. Luckily I still made it to the captain America early showing. Taylor and I went along with his BFF and we ran into Todd and Tyler who ended up sitting with us. I had low expectations after how lame batman vs superman was, but I ended up really liking it! 
After the movie we went to BJs for pizookies (I didn't even have to suggest it). :) 

Friday
My childhood/ward friend is getting married next week but came to Mesa to go through the temple. I ended up going with my parents (on a little date). Of course so good to see her and be a part of it. 
After the session and some ice cream, I went home to write my talk for Sunday.

Saturday 
It was a somewhat busy day.
I woke up semi early to finish my talk. Then went to the office to knock some hours out. I actually love being in there on Saturdays. It's so quiet and I can walk around barefoot. 

After the office, I hurried home to get ready for the Kenny Chesney, Sam hunt, old dominion, and Miranda lambert concert. 
The crew consisted of Kelley, Eric, Maren (Kelleys cousin), Olivia, Madison (my roommate) and Taylor. 

It was a bit stressful getting to the venue. There was an accident on the freeway, and once we finally got there, the lines were completely insane. We missed Old Dominion (which I am still sad about), but the rest of the concert was good! Sam Hunt was the real reason I went, and he didn't disappoint.



We left half way through Kenny Chesneys performance. Which I was semi bummed about but it was okay because I was excited to go get food. 


Sunday 

What a busy day.. 

We got to skype DJ at 9:30 am!! Definitely the highlight of my week!! I feel like it went a lot better than our first skype sesh at christmas. He seemed really happy! And he had such a geunine, happy smile. There were two funny things he shared... the people ride scooters around the streets. Like the scooters kids use. Can you imagine a town of everyone riding scooters?? Hahahaha!!! 
Also, he said after they bless the sacrament, the members eat the left over bread. They don't want to waste anything. Lolz. 
The best part was praying as a family.
Oh and it was cute seeing him meet Conrad. :) 









I was going to interpret sacrament meeting like usual, but he didn't end up needing me. Which was nice because I basically redid my whole talk, but I finally felt good about it! 
I was happy I redid it too, it ended up going well, and my family of course came to my ward to support me. 

As soon as church was over, I hurried home for dinner with my family plus grandparents, aunt and cousin. My dad is all about going full out, so he bought fancy steaks and prepared yummy appetizers. Also shoutout to him for making yummy quiche for breakfast. 

The rest of the night, we opened gifts, shared our favorite things about mom and just hung out. 




Monday

I ditched work at the office to get my car washed. It was awful and I couldn't stand it anymore. It was so worth the money and ditching work. It feels like a new car! 

We got our "insanity" dvds so we went to town, and worked our bootys off! 
Then I ended up staying for Nate's FHE lesson. He thinks its silly that I leave my "family" to go to "Family home evening", and gives me grief. So I should be in the clear now for a few weeks. 


Tuesday 

Insanity took over my life again, and I didn't feel like going out after. 


Wednesday 

My ward has started monthly game nights, to try to "unify" the ward. The also invite other wards though, so it is quite the party. Sarah has helped me get motivation to even go to these things.. But we went! We ended up playing volleyball with some guys. I am NOT athletic at all, and can usually get away with just watching, but i got tricked into playing. By the end though, i actually enjoyed it and wasn't as leery of the ball.


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top