I already semi posted about the weekend..
Friday I didn't go into the office since we were leaving for the airport at 350. Which ended up being a good thing because Nate forgot to pack a few things, so I gathered up his things. We eventually picked up Nate from school and drove straight for the airport. We got there with plenty of time so we ate a "sit down" Mexican food restaurant. There were 4 of us at a 2 person table pushed up against the wall. We looked pretty silly but the food was good!
We finally met Conrad at 930 ish. Paysons family was also there but they let us have our turn. I was surprised how alert Conrad was. And strong for that matter. He can completely lift his head and turn it. His little legs are powerhouses too. He would kick off my stomach to move himself down.
I was also surprised how normal Morgan was. Just up and moving like she didn't just give birth a few days before.
We left around 1030/11ish so they could go to bed. I convinced dad to stop at nielsons. 😏 Especially since the one in Mesa is closed.
We then spent the rest of the night looking through all the pictures.
Saturday
We slept in and then went to village in. By then it was like 1030, so I got lunch food. Then we drove to Morgan's. Paysons family was there too but not super long since they were going to lagoon.
Around 3ish, we went to my grandpas to visit him, then to the hospital/hospice to visit my grandma. She isn't super communicative so none of us kids really knew how to interact. Plus she is losing her memory so we don't always know how "with it" she is. The cutest part was when she grabbed my grandpas hand when he arrived. Which meant the world to him because he thought she didn't care when he came.
After an hour at the hospital we went to my aunts for dinner. They just recently moved so they gave us a tour of their house then we checked out my cousins new house, her and her husband bought.
We stayed a long time at my aunts house so we only got to see Conrad for an hour or two.
Sunday
We all wanted to wake up early so we could savor as much time as possible! We had to leave for the airport at 9. Around 8ish, we got a notification that our flight got pushed back to 2:25 HOLLA!!!!! Probably the luckiest thing that's ever happened to me. Haha.
Dad and mom still had to drop the rental car off at the airport, so they moved our luggage to Morgan's car then hurried to the airport.
I still went to sacrament meeting with my mom and Payson since I had church clothes on. But that also meant I got a little extra time with Conrad before church.
When it was time to go, we realized Alies backpack was still in the rental car. Yikes.
We tried calling the rental place while driving to the airport but it got us no where. When we got there, the front desk lady wouldn't give a care. She was no help. We didn't find it. (Last night we finally got a call that someone returned it)!
When we got home, Nate HAD to have his PE clothes washed. I felt so domestic making dinner for my family and doing laundry.
Later that night I went to a fireside. The guy who composed the music for "reflections of Christ" performed and it was amazing. One of the best firesides I've been to in awhile!
Monday
School, and work were normal. When I got home, we jumped in the car to make our dinner reservation at Kona Grill. Always hits the spot. And reminds me how much I can eat. Haha.
When we got home, alie needed to deliver some things. So I put my trust in her "permit driving skillz". She actually did great and I never had to grab onto anything. ;)
The rest of the night, we just chilled. Which was really nice.
Tuesday
The students started the AZ state testing which is actually the best thing ever. The class is quiet and my student looks at me the whole time. Then the rest of the day goes my pretty quick.
In the evening, i went to institute with Taylor. I was a dum dum and went to the wrong campus, so by the time I made it to the right one, I was 15 minutes late.
After institute, Taylor, his friend and I got some fro yo, then chatted outside for an hour and a half or so.
0 comments:
Post a Comment