April 13th, 2016

Alies Tennis Match

Blessed day. I didn't go into the office so I could see alie's tennis match. She didn't end up playing right away, so I just laid on the couch and watched a little netflix.
Alie SMOKED the girl. And the girl was rude, so I was extra happy she did.
I didn't end up staying for her doubles because I wanted to make it to the temple. I was so glad I did. Sessions always do my heart some good.



My birthday!!

Most adults get older and "get over their birthday" but I don't think I'll ever get to that point. I think birthdays should always be a big deal. People don't usually express their affection for one another, so this is one day we can remember why we love them and express it. I love trying to make birthdays special for people. Anyway, I lived it up. All the food and sweet comments I received all day.

I was awoken to a missed facetime call from Vanita, facebook posts, and texts from family. The whole day I pretty much drained my phone trying to keep up with all the sweet birthday wishes. I also probably gained 10 pounds.. Mom brough panera for lunch with soda and a cookie, then I had cake at the office, more soda at dinner (didn't even get a pizookie because I felt so gross), and then a little bit of ice cream after gifts. I definitely went running that night. I felt gross.

Anyway, at the office, they were so kind to me. They had a cake, decorated my space, and all pitched in on an Amazon gift card! HOLLA. When I got off work, I met my family and grandparents at BJs. Always hits the spot.

Then we went back to the house and everyone said something they love about me. I may or may not have cried a little bit. Then I opened my gifts from my grandparents and family. I literally didn't ask for anything, so I mostly got giftcards and money. Since I was 12, it's a tradition to go shopping on my birthday. Needless to say, I'm excited to use my birthday money and hit the town tomorrow!!

I definitely had a good day. Every birthday I'm reminded of how many great people I have in my life.




The shadow looks like facial hair. Lolz. 


22, baby. 




General Conference Weekend

I took it as easy as possible. Haha. Both Saturday and Sunday morning, I just laid in my bed and watched conference. So great. After the Saturday morning session, I went shopping with my birthday money. Then hurried to my parents to watch the second session. Nathan and I were the only ones home and fell asleep the last two talks. Oops.

That evening, all the girl cousins came over during priesthood. We had mexican food, played games and watched the march madness final game!

By Sunday afternoon, I needed to get out and be social so I went to a game night. We played mofia (I was a murder both rounds) and then my favorite game,  4 guys on a couch. It was worth the tired eyes the next day.



Tori Kelly Concert

I saw on facebook that a friend was "going" to the Tori Kelly concert. It ended up being pretty cheap, so I decided I had to go. It ended up being me, Kai, Anthony and a bunch of lesbians/gay couples. Haha. She put on a good concert though! She's so cute. Although all of our feet killed by the end of the night!



Movie Night

A friend in my ward had a movie night. I planned to go late, after a temple trip. I got there an hour late and then learned they waited for me and my roommate. Oops. We ended up watching the new Star Wars movie. I have only seen it once, so I was excited to watch it again. I liked it more this time than the first time I saw it.



The weekend

My childhood, and dance friend, Mallory got married!! I made sure that my friday evening was clear so I could go to her reception! It was at the Wright House which is a dreamy venue!! Of course the bride, and bridesmaids looked perfect too!

Once I got home, I was exhausted, so I stayed home and "exercised" with just dance.
I've been obsessed with it recently. It lets me get my "dance fix". Haha.


Saturday morning I went on a date to the zoo with Grayson, Melissa, Morgan and Dallin and his wife. The highlight was feeding the giraffes. The tongue was so long and slimy. haha. After they introduced me to this sandwich place by Fiesta Mall called, Ike. It was super good!! I'll definitely be going back!

Once I got, I finished shopping with my birthday money, then treated myself to Coldstone.
I had some time before my next thing, so I laid in bed and watched old dance dvds (I guess I've been missing dance recently).

That evening, my roommate, Olivia and I went to a YSA regional Luau. They had "hawaiian food", a show and a dance party. Olivia is my little partner in crime and makes everything a good time. :)


Sunday was a busy day. I interpreted for a deaf girl's temple interview with the stake pres, went straight to my parents ward to interpret, had a lil break, then went to my ward. Olivia invited our friend Jenkin to come with us. He made it fun! Which is both good and bad I guess. Haha. After church and eating dinner, I went to a game night. We played Apples to Apples and I probs came in last. I'll blame it on not knowing any of the people beforehand.





The best news of all....MORGAN HAD HER BABY!!!!!!!!




It was quite the day waiting. She had an appt to be induced at 7;30 (Utah time). My apple watch is broken, so I couldn't even count on that to notify me when a text came in. And of course my supervisor came to observe me that day, so i couldn't even constantly check my phone.

It was an excited day to say the least! And a little scary waiting to hear how things were going after a three hour delay. When we finally heard the good news, I ran to dad's office!! Seeing his reaction was the cutest. He was more concerned with Morgan's safety than anything. He was relieved everything was okay for her. Fatherly love. :)

The rest of the evening, nothing could bring me down. :)



Obligatory selfie




CRACKS ME UP. I feel like this could be a meme.


Precious. 


Today, Wednesday, we got some more pictures. I saved and examined every cute little feature of sweet Conrad. I called my mom during my lunch break to hear an update. Then realized I was stupid for not facetiming. So I got to kind of meet mr conrad. :)










CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top