If I had a title for the start of 2016, it would be "adulting". It seems like everytime I think I have this adult life down, I realize I know nothing. My life isn't that busy, but I seem to have some "adult task" I have to do every day. Could be partly because I just moved so we are still figuring out utilities and what not. Plus working with Jack brings all new responsibilities.
Feb 5th Friday
Jack was sick so I ended up not having to work. The school I interpret at is right by Jena's house, so I decided to visit her and her baby. It was so fun chatting and seeing her cute house. After, my friend Britni and I went to Costa Vida. She is my soul sister. Love her. She is like pure sunshine.
I decided to go to Target to get my dad a birthday gift and a few groceries. Instead I ended up shopping for myself (and dad) and ditched the groceries. Haha!
Feb 6th Saturday
I worked with Jayne like normal. But I had ten hours of sleep the night before, so I was on fire!
We went on a long walk and she was a rockstar! Longest we've ever gone!
After I took a shower and got ready for the temple. I went to a session for my ward temple night, but it turns out the temple night was actually in two weeks. Lol. That's what I get for talking during announcements in church.
Once I got home, I quickly for my date. While I was getting ready, someone started banging on the front door. I was going to ignore it, but they wouldn't stop. I peeked out the peek hole and it turned out to be McKay and Roland, picking up Bethany's stuff. Thanks for the scare guys.
For my date, we walked around down town gilbert, and then went to one of my new favorite places-SoCal Fish Tacos. I've never been big on sea food, but it was SO GOOD. I will definitely be going again. After dinner, we went to Bahama Bucks and chatted some more. It was a good time.
February 7th Sunday
As much as I didn't want to be distracted by the superbowl while at church... I totally was. I was so excited and banking on the panthers winning. While driving home from church, I got an update from my dad and it sounded so far so good. I came home to a house full of my family, grandparents, aunt and cousin. They had a lot of good food and I was hating my life the rest of the game. Not really, but I definitely overdid it.
The game was not too good for a panthers fan. I was happy for Peyton Manning though.
Although I did have more on the line this game...I had the possibility of drinking soda/eating ice cream again. Should have gone with my gut and rooted for the Broncos.
Also I may be the only person in America who wasn't that impressed by Beyonce. I thought Bruno Mars had a better show.
Dad's Birthday fell on the 11th, but he was on a work trip in Miami. Thankfully, he still got home at 8 ish, so we still had cake and opened gifts. Poor guy had a rotten birthday. His mom's health isn't too great, but she had a stroke and has been in the hospital since. She isn't looking too hot. ALSO his brother went to the hospital and was in pretty critical care. If that wasn't enough, his dad's brother passed away and his mom's sister was on the verge. What a rough day.
We celebrated a bit more on Friday. We went to Kona Grill and it definitely hit the spot! Yummy as usual. On Birthdays we recieve a break from our soda/ice cream challenge, so we hit up Fiiz on our way home, and jammed out to all the ghetto songs I have. I am proud to say, Nate can "hang".
Once we got back, we watched a new movie called "Bridge of Spies". I didn't finish it, but from what I saw, it was really good!
On Friday during recess, "my" teacher told me that there was a shooting at a school in glendale. I immediately went on the computer and found out it was the school I used to interpret it. All those shootings always shake me up but that really hit close to home. I just wanted to hug and love all the students when they came back from recess.
On a brighter note, the students had a Valentines Party and I also got a lot of treats. :) The joy of working in an elementary school!
On Saturday, EJ, Melissa, Olivia and I hit up a Valentines Party. We danced the whole night (which my body is regretting today) and it was so fun!! EJ will forever and always be my dancing buddy. No one can get down like him!
Today (Sunday) we had a meeting for linger longer, BUT one of the members of the bishopric had us over for breakfast. We are so spoiled.
My girl Bri Otteman had her homecoming talk today. She did a great job! We've become better friends recently and I'm excited to have her home!!
My family had a nice dinner and we had a final little hurrah of celebrating my dad's birth.
Today being Valentine's Day, I am reminded of how many sweet, good people I have in my life. #blessed.



0 comments:
Post a Comment