Some happenings...
1. My second hour spent time writing goals for the next quarter. It motivated me to think of things I can do/work on. I looked at my goals from last year and remembered I had wanted to do a half marathon but then got pneumonia. So I didn't end up doing it.
Kinda on a whim, I decided I wanted to actually run a half marathon this year! So I did research of how to train. I also group texted my family and asked if any of them wanted to join! My dad gave a cash incentive and of course everyone was then interested.
It has now been 3 weeks and I'm shocked what my body is capable of. It has definitely built my endurance and kept me healthy. I feel so great! I look forward to my running days. Also I was advised to "lift" on my "off running days", so my girl Olivia has come in clutch and has shown me many upper body workouts!
So far I am being diligent and increasing my mileage!
2. My ward had a service project for FHE called stocking stuffers. We bascially had a huge assembly line and would slide this massive "Stocking" down as everyone dropped their items. I can't remember how many we finished. I believe it was at least 2,000. At the end they had pizza and dessert. I thought it was a super fun activity though!
3. One of my childhood friends, Kourtney texted me about something recently. We realized we haven't seen eachother in a year, so we decided we needed to meet up and do dinner! Kel also joined! It was so great seeing them again and picking up where we left off. They will always be my besties.
After dinner, I met up with my roommates at my parent's house to watch Riverdale. It did not disappoint!
4. (Thursday) I had been texting a boy (Steven) and he invited me to come to his institute class. He also offered to pick me up! Right before he picked up, I suddenly got a little nervous, and naturally knocked over his water cup when I got in the car (face palm). The rest of the night went much smoother. I didn't listen too well to our lesson at institute. I forgot to mention two of his friends joined us. When class was over they wanted to go to the country dance in the gym. I made a deal with the two boys that if they both asked a girl to dance, then Steven and I would also dance (Side note, I really dislike country dancing). Well one of the boys asked a girl to dance, but the other didn't...so we went in and waited for him. In the meantime someone asked me to dance. I felt super awkward since i was there with someone else. I kept saying no but he didn't quite get the message.
We eventually made it outside and one of their friends Sierra met up with us. We ended up sitting in the parking lot and talking until almost 1. Then poor Steven still had to drive home an hour. When I got home, I realized how much I was really liking Steven. But this was only our second time hanging out (recently) so I thought I needed to chill.
5. (Friday) Steven coaches a high school football team at Benjamin Franklin. When we were talking back in August I mentioned that I wanted to attend one of his football games. Luckily we started talking again just in time for the biggest game of the season; BFHS was #5 and Florence was #4. Steven was a gem and brought me a school sweater so I could have some school spirit and be warm. It also happened to be senior night AND Steven got picked by the seniors to run on the field with the flag. It was a happenin game to attend! I sat with his family during the game and it was so fun to catch up with them!
Thank goodness we won the game!!!!!!!! BFHS now had the #4 seed which meant PLAY OFFS!!!!!!! I even got invited to come the following week!
After the game, we went to IHOP per Scott Family Tradition.
6. (Saturday) In the early afternoon I went to lunch with my old roommate Cami, along with Madison. We went to Pita Jungle and it was super fun to catch up! After lunch, I ran a few errands and then hung out at my parents. I was in a super good mood! I realized later that it was because of Steven. :)
That evening, he came over to my parent's house and we watched Friday Night Lights. Then my siblings came home and we chatted with them. When they all went to bed we watched a few episodes of Parks and Rec. We didn't end up leaving my parents til 4 am (cringing at the fact that he had to drive home an hour). Just a little juicy detail, we did in fact become a couple that night.
Since then, things have been literally perfect. I keep waiting for something to go wrong or for him to just get sick of me but everything is perfect.
7. Church with my girls
Madison braided her hair, then did Elise's. I couldn't be left out, so she did my hair on our way to church. This was our first picture of the three of us :)
The rest of these are all Steven happenings...
Monday I ran, and then we had Chick Fil A (we went there on our first date), and tried to watch a show but ended up literally talking all night.
Tuesday he played football with the Gilbert Stake. He freakin got 2 touchdowns. He was SO FAST. No joke guys. Literal MVP.
Wednesday. I feel like we came to my parent's but I can't remember exactly what we did.
Thursday- COUNTRY CONCERT. We went and saw Brett Eldredge (my favorite) AND Luke Bryan (his favorite). It was his first concert!! It was so fun singing and dancing together. Bragging for just a second... Per tradition, I wanted a shirt from the concert. He wouldn't let me buy it though, he insisted that he buy it for me (heart eyes).
Friday. His team was playing in Globe. So we drove up/out together. The drive went way too fast. We didn't get to jam and talk enough. I got to sit with his family again (which is always so fun)!
The plan was to go to eat mexican food after but we got out too late. So Carls Jr it was!
That evening, Steven, his friend (Jared) and I went to the desert. We had a rough start. Something on the trailer caught on fire and wasn't going out, so Steven put it out by his hand-YIKES.
The rest of the night was good! We road rhinos (he drove very safe which I greatly appreciated), we star gazed, had a fire, and then headed back. I'm hoping we have many more desert trips!
I'm still not completely caught up. Maybe I will tell our whole dating story someday...
NO TELL THE WHOLE DATING STORY RNNNNNNNN. #LivingVicariously.
ReplyDelete