First I'll give you the skinny on how we started dating. :)
So my mom grew up with his mom, Thelmajean in the same stake. Then when my dad moved to AZ his junior year, he was in Steven's dad's ward, Brent. Our parents became couple friends, got married 4 days apart and then lived in the same apartment complex.
Growing up, we were family friends. I have memory of doing new years with them. Our families would also go to eachothers baby blessings, baptisms, etc. I think it faded when Morgan was in junior high. We still sent christmas cards and our mom's talked but our families didn't necessarily see eachother.
His family came for Morgan's wedding, but Steven brought another girl he was dating. So I of course didn't talk to him. Then a bit later, we reconnected on facebook and texted everyday. Our texting would fade when one of us would be dating someone, but then we'd always pick it up again. He never made an effort to see me, so I thought he maybe just wanted to be texting friends.
Then August of this year (after matching on mutual) he texted randomly one day (I remember I was in my last class of the day and got excited when his name came up on my phone). and the following day asked me on a date. We ended up going to a UofA football game which was SO FUN (did i mention he is also a uofa fan :) ). It was a long date because we had a two hour drive there, the whole game and then the drive back. I definitely liked him by the end of the night, BUT I was already talking to another guy. I was torn, so I told Steven the following day that I was talking to someone else...
I'm going to be real honest.. things ended with the other guy and I was REALLY frustrated with boys/dating. For the first time ever I had ZERO interest in dating. I wasn't looking at all. I had my heart broken earlier that year and then was "played". One night I said a prayer to not hate boys because I was having issues.
I knew I liked Steven but I knew we'd start dating if I texted him again and I just wasn't ready/in a good place. Luckily he texted me after a month. We started texting again, I braved up and gave it a chance. He quickly swept in. We went to institute together (stayed out til 1) then the next day I went to his football game. By the next day I was twitterpated and smitten. We became official that night (stayed out til 4).
Things have been so perfect the whole time. We dance the same dance and he is perfect for me.
Here are the happenings..
1. Steven and I went to church together 3 times. 5th Sundays I don't have any meetings and RS is combined, so it's a prime week to miss. So I opted to attend church with Steven at Temple View (Gilbert Ward). His good friends came too. They got called out a few times because the bishop knew them. Later that evening, we ate with my family and then after went to a game night at this grandparent's house. We missed the games but caught the world series game!
The following week was a regional broadcast for multiple states, so we didn't have normal church. So we watched it together, along with Elise, Madison and DJ. It was so nice having church so early because then we still had the whole day to spend! We went to my parents house and watched a Walk to Remember, graded some tests for Elise, ate dinner and then played Code Names. Steven and I are still undefeated!!! I'd say that's a good sign that we know how to communicate ;)
Another week Steven and I attended my old Gilbert Ward to see Mason's farewell. He failed to tell me it was their fast sunday so he was just bearing his testimony for his farewell from the singles ward. Lol. But it was fun to see everyone. We left before third hour to help prep stuff for my aunt's 60th birthday party at my parent's house. I had a meeting, so I didn't stay the whole time, but it was fun in the mean time!
2. Halloween. Luckily Steven and I both don't have a love for Halloween. So we didn't really celebrate it. We started the night at my parent's block party (all for the food). Of course everyone wanted to meet Steven so we stayed a little longer than anticipated. Then his friend said his tow truck was broken down (ironic, right?). Steven is a little mechanic, so he is always helping his friends with their car problems. Naturally we drove over to save the day. By the time we were done, we were too late for Elise's scary movie party. Instead we "watched" the intense world series. DJ was routing for the Yankees and was a bit disappointed. He was very invested in the game (so much that when they did win, he would say thanks in his prayers).
3. My stake is doing softball right now every Thursday. My ward is pretty serious about it. They have won all but one game! So they mean business. We even had "ward shirts". I felt like I should go watch and support. Steven, myself and his friends went one week, but we got there too late for them to jump in. It was fun to watch though. The next week we went but my ward didn't really rotate him in.. His friends didn't want to jump in so I just chilled with them.
After the game, Steven and I blasted his sub in his car and drove around. We even got out and danced in the street at one point. It was fun!
4. Coolidge. Since we started talking, I've been wanting to go down to Coolidge. Steven didn't love the idea of me driving home late at night, so he always opted to come up! Well one weekend, he finally let me come down! We started the night with Mexican food, then checked out their family business- selling and fixing agricultural tractors. Steven even let me drive one! It was super fun!! We went on a few loops around the store. After we drove around Coolidge and he showed me around. We ended the night with finishing off Season 1 of Riverdale! It was so fun to see his life.
5. Steven's team was in play offs! Which is huge because they are still a new school! It's also extra sweet because Steven was there the first year and now all those starting boys are seniors. It was so so fun going to all the games! I loved the road trips with Steven and then sitting with his family. They were the highlight of my week! After every game, we would go out for some good food! One week all my family came too! The final week was in Tucson for the semi finals. Before the game, I hit up Derrick and Kenzie for dinner at Mod Pizza...I also had second dinner with Steven's family at Cheddars.
6. For Fhe one week, they were hiking "Brown Mountain". It definitely got mine and Steven's attention. We were going to have a fire too, but they decided to do that for the after party at bishops. We didn't go to the after party, and instead got ColdStone :)
8. I ran into Melissa a few weeks ago and we decided we had to do something soon! So we went to Panera and caught up. It was so fun to hear updates on her friends and on herself.
9. We had Veteran's day off! It was so nice sleeping in, and having time to chill. That afternoon we celebrated Nate's birthday. We went to one of those Brazilian restaurants with the bottomless meat they bring out on sticks. After we opened gifts at the house, had cake and all said what we love about Nate. We ended the celebrations with Top Golf. Alie and I took turns playing on my name since neither of us really cared to play. I left a little early for another BFHS Playoff game!
10. Steven's family invited me to go to the UofA football game with them! I convinced Steven to let me drive down to Coolidge first since coming up would be so out of the way. We had time before the game, so we drove to the store again. This time we were able to actually get a picture since it was light outside. Then we drove down to Tucson. His family was depending on me to show them around, luckily I think I pulled through! We parked at the institute. walked over to Pei Wei on University and then walked over to the game. Our Wildcats rocked the house!! I got Steven to stand up and do the "hit squad" kick off dance with me. Hahaha. We were ALMOST on the jumbo tron too!
11. My girl Lyndy went through the temple!! So happy and proud of her. It was a good chance to attend a session too! Plus I got to briefly meet Cariann's boyfriend!
That evening, Steven and I played a flirty game of basketball and then drove out to the lake. We FROZE so we drove back to my house. I think we watched Stranger Things.
12. Steven's friend, Jared wanted to do a double date with riding quads. I finally followed through and set him up. Weekends are a no go for the next few weeks, so we decided to do it on Tuesday. Jared picked us all up and then drove us back to his place in San Tan Valley. The boys made us a REALLY good dutch oven dinner topped with Dr Pepper and salsa as an appetizer! We then ended the night riding behind the house at a wash.
After the date, Steven and I had no intentions of getting any sleep. I was leaving the next day for 4 days, and this was our first time being apart after seeing eachother every.single.day. So we soaked eachother up as long as possible. I ended up only getting 2 hours of sleep but it was 150% worth it!
0 comments:
Post a Comment