Bye Bye Summer...

End of summer...

7-31
Monday I went on a lunch date with Brent. It made it not even feel like a Monday. It was fun to have a break from work and leave for a bit. We met up at Canes, and it was his first time ever (of course exceeding his expectations). Also prior to lunch he had his first ortho patient ever, so it was also a celebratory lunch.
We still had time after we ate, so we walked over to the "At Home" Store and looked at throw pillows for his couch. He has been looking for forever so it was quite the accomplishment when we found some!

That evening my parents ditched us for dinner, so the kids and I went to Kona Grill for dinner. Then I hurried on over to the institute to be home taught/for FHE. We all died of heat because no one's key would open the institute, but it was still a good time.
Also I was reminded that I'm lowkey the worst at volleyball.


8-2
So when I finished with the orthodontist (7 years ago), they accidentally left anchors in my mouth. They are way far back so they are never in the way. My dentist is always appalled by them and says he will call the orthodontist but never does. I never cared enough to do anything about it.
Well since talking to an orthodontist student, he has motivated me to finally get them out. I felt like I was 12 again going to the orthodontist.
The ortho was shocked they were still in and referred me to a surgeon to get them out.
So now I had another appt and no time to go into the office.
The appt went really well, and they set up an appt for the following day to get them removed. The good news is, they did it for free since they felt bad for leaving them in for so long.


Do you see the screws on the bottom? Near where wisdom teeth would be?


As soon as my appt was finished, I drove over to Brent's for the Matchbox 20 concert.
We first hit up Ruddy's. TBH, I don't really love meat all the time, but this BBQ was 10/10. I actually craved it after too.

Brent set us up to live the high life. He got AWESOME seats; front row of the first "sitting" section so we were able to sit and not be blocked by people standing. He also got VIP parking which meant we got out real fast and easy.

The opener was some person I didn't know and wasn't really listening to.. then it was counting crows. He was a hoot.



Like what's up with the wig? Also he had the funniest hand gestures. 
I was happy though that they sang "Colorblind". 


Then Matchbox 20 came out. I actually knew more songs than I thought, and now I'm lowkey obsessed. The singer has also aged well and is even cuter now than when they were popular 20 years ago (literally this is their 20th anniversary).






Awkward picture.. Thank you man for not standing and forcing us to sit on the railing. 



Thursday 8-3

I stayed up way too late on Wednesday and then woke up at 7 to drive Brent to the airport. I intended to go back to my house to get ready for my appt, but I was too tired to care.
I bummed it the rest of the day and blamed it on getting the anchors out.

That evening, my friends wanted to learn how to play poker. Colten rocks and does everything full out, so he printed/laminated cards that broke down all the different ways to "win". We didn't truly play poker because we didn't put anything of value on the table. It was more so understanding how to play. I had total beginners luck and won the first few rounds.



Friday 8-4

It was my roommate Madison's birthday. Unfortunately she worked all day so we didn't celebrate until the evening. She chose Pei Wei for her birthday dinner, and then later that evening we went to Dairy Queen for a treat.

Also that day, we left for a stake beach trip to Huntington Beach. It ended up being my stake and one other that put it on, plus they invited a ward in California to join us. Anyway, they rented buses and we left at midnight and drove through the night. I wasn't looking forward to the bus because I knew I would get minimal sleep. I ended up sleeping more than I imagined, but still an average of 3-4 hours.


I was a little grumpy when we got off the bus, but I think it was mostly because I was asleep when we got there and then had to quickly get my things together. So I was still out of it and wanted to lay there a bit longer.


The day consisted of, going near the water (not getting in because it was crazy cold), laying out, playing volleyball (I opted to take pictures), walking near the pier, eating lunch, checking out the US Open, light shopping, and then we left the beach. Elise is from California, so her mom picked us up so we could shower at their house, and so Elise could see her mom. It was the best thing ever. I would have hated my life if I had to get on the bus all sandy. Her parents also treated us to dinner, which was so nice of them.



I bought DJ a ticket when he was still on his mission. 
I thought it was a fat chance he would go, but he surprised me and was willing! 




Getting back on the buses was a little chaotic. I was concerned because my brother wasn't there, but he missed the memo of where we were getting picked up. So he was with the 1/4 of the group that also missed the memo. Luckily they were not all left behind.



Sunday 8-5

It was brutal. I was pretty tired and my back had enough as well. I had a meeting with the Stake RS presidency but I wasn't really on my A-Game. Luckily it was more about my counselor's roles than my own.
I had a few meetings before church started, so I didn't get to go home and nap in between..
Elise taught the lesson in Sunday School and nailed it, of course. I had to teach in RS. It wasn't my best lesson...but that's okay I guess. Under the circumstances, it was okay.

That evening at dinner, grandpa spilled the news that he got a new house in Gilbert!!!!!
It is still being built though so it won't be ready for move in until right when the Mesa temple closes. Which is good because then he can transfer to working in the Gilbert Temple and won't be miserably bored for 2 year.

After dinner and what not, I went to Brent's house. We watched another James Bond. Almost through them all.


Monday 8-6

My last "full day" at the office. Dad and I went out to lunch at Kona Grill and then hit up Costco to stock up on some things (all while getting paid for it all). It was a great last day.
That evening we had our back to school blessings, which are always so sacred and tender.


Tuesday 8-7

My first day of work... the students were coming the following day, but all the terps had a meeting. It's a super chill day. We start with a potluck and catch up, plus introduce any newbies. Then people come in sporadically throughout the day from HR and what not. Then we FINALLY get our schedules. We discuss with other interpreters about advice on the student, class etc. Then we go to our school site and meet all our teachers. We give them the skinny of how to work with a deaf student. TBH, it was also nice for me to figure out where all my classes are. I've worked at the high school before, but the main building is still confusing to me sometimes.

Jill, Olivia and I carpooled over together and then planned to eat out after. We met up with a few other interpreters at the school and all agreed on Chick Fil A for lunch.
We had to go back to the district office for a few more hours til our "school day" was up. We pretty much just chatted and discussed more about how to work with our students.

After our meetings, I was motivated to pack my lunch everyday. So I went to Target to get tupperware for lunch, plus a lunch box. I found the coolest tupperware that was meant for salads, so I also bought stuff to make a salad everyday.

Brent and I went to Costa Vida for dinner in hopes of converting him from his Cafe Rio ways. Unfortunately, he hasn't switched over just yet... Our dinner date also didn't last too long because I had a meeting at my house at 7. My RS presidency is FINALLY all here, so we finally met altogether. It feels so good to be able to delegate even more. I have some great support.

After my meeting, I hurried over to dance (I was a half hour late, but decided it was still worth it).
I'm so happy I went. The teacher has a ballet background and taught us a beautiful contemporary dance. It was a nice challenge and a style I haven't done since high school.

Just like that summer is over....But tbh, it was a great summer. I am content and satisfied.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top