December 8, 2016

Dang I was on a roll of posting every week. Instead of boring you with details I can't really remember I'll just give highlights.

1. Every year, my parent's neighborhood has a Christmas Party consisting of Mexican food and a white elephant gift exchange. I didn't care to be a part of the gift portion (then I'd have to bring something), but I dragged Taylor along for the food portion. Kelley's parents also live in the neighborhood, and it's a tradition, so I also convinced her and Eric to come along! After eating, and socializing, Taylor and I went to his FHE, which mostly consisted of sitting on the stage and talking while others played volleyball.

2. My deaf student is in Orchestra, and they had their concert. It was nice during the school day because we got to ditch class the whole morning-holler! I also got recruited to interpret in the evening. I didn't realize til later, but 2 of my cousins were also in the concert, so that meant my grandma, grandpa, and aunt/uncle were all there. Now they all saw a portion of my work life ;) Taylor was super on top of things and planned a double date, but didn't realize I had to interpret the concert. Luckily, we were still able to do both. Our friends, Chase and Chloe are getting married soon, so they have a cute little apartment. Chloe being so domesticated made soup, bread, hot chocolate and cookies for us all. Taylor having crafty girls in his family, trained him right, and he got all the crafts to make ornaments. It was all around a fun night.


3. Taylor has a family friend that started a seasonal event. Basically you get in an army truck, and shoot zombies with paint balls. It was so fun!! And we were super hooked up and they gave us an endless supply of paintballs (even though we payed for 2 rounds). Genius idea.


4. Saturday is going to be it's own thing...
One of my good ward friends, went through the temple, so I got to attend a session with her. I love when people go through on their own, just simply because they feel like it's right. I highly recommend it, if they feel ready. It's so great to get a better understanding before being sealed. But of course they are perks to going through when you are getting married too.
As soon as I was finished, I had to drive to Scottsdale for my girl, Elise's birthday gig at the aquarium. Her sisters surprised her and came down for the weekend, so it was a party time. It was quite the struggle of getting to the aquarium though. I lost my freakin debit card. On top of it, I desperately needed gas. Luckily I had 30 dollars, 10 for gas, 20 for the aquarium. I was running late on top of all that which always makes me so agitated. When I finally made it there, I realized it costed 30 dollars. Yikes. Thankfully, we could pay online.
I'm not really a fan of animals of anything to do with them, but I actually enjoyed the aquarium. I probably wouldn't go again, but it was pretty cool. Also it was Elise's birthday, so it was worth it.

When I was done with that, I had to hurry and drive back to Gilbert for Taylor's Brother in Laws birthday party. Taylor was the hit of the party with his rocket that he set off. Which unfortunately ended up getting stuck on someone's roof and he had to leave for priesthood session of stake conference.

As soon as that was done, I was #blessed and remembered I had a credit card I needed to activate. So now I have a back up! Plus my dad came in clutch and gave me some cash.

It was just the day of birthdays. It was also my cousin's birthday so we drove out to Tempe to celebrate. Unfortunately, it was an hour wait and I didn't have enough time to wait before stake conference, so my dad drove me back. I treated myself to Costa Vida, finally got a hold of Taylor, continued my "running late to everything streak" and was late to stake conference picking up bf food.

Stake conference was good. After we got some Ben and Jerrys and then semi watched The Host. It's kind of a weird movie.


5. Stake conference is actually kind of a nice treat because we have church at 11, as opposed to 2, and I get to go to church with Taylor. After stake conference, I spent most the evening at the Tenney household. He decided to chose a different emphasis within his major, so he had to resign up for his spring classes. Thankfully, all the classes he needed were still open. He was also able to get all his classes to just two days a week, which is essential for work. So it definitely worked out!
His siblings eventually came over, and then it was partyville. There are A TON of little kids running around, but it is so fun. Taylor's dad is doing a community christmas performance which mostly consists of older people in the stake, but Taylor is so talented he gets to be in it ;) They had a practice at 8, and since they needed help setting up speakers, Jodi (his sister) and I opted to stay the whole time and watch.


6. My student was out of town for 3 days, which meant I got to team/sub at the other schools. Here are some highlights.
-one of the terps loves to bake, and brings treats basically at least once a week. I got to eat some of her YUMMY cake, and had more than my fair share. Oh and the day before she brought a big cookie. So holler. Wish I was there everyday.
-I got to interpret a government class, and actually found it interesting, and learned stuff. Also it was the first time I've interpreted for a student who fell asleep. It's a funny deal when you're interpreting. Like do you stop? Keep going as they occasionally bob their head up?
-Everyday I teamed with Olivia for at least one class, so we got to major catch up on life!
-The last day I realized my cousin was in one of the classes. Lolz.
-I interpreted in a chair that I didn't realize was a rolling chair and kept sliding around the classroom and almost falling off. That was an adventure.
-I interpreted one class that I dreaded every day. I don't know what the title is, but they were learning about the sun. The teachers style and the content is just super hard for me to interpret for some reason. Finally the last day, I nailed it and felt so good. Left with a bang!

My student drives me kinda crazy sometimes (okay just about everyday) but this little break made me miss her, and appreciate my site a little more.



7. Taylor finished his first semester at ASU. It was a hard one, so we celebrated with his fav, Carrabbas, and ate more than we should have.


Only 8 days left until break. YAY YAY YAY!!!! I'm also getting real pumped to go see Vanita now that it's more official!


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top